Sign in to follow this  
Followers 37
Anthus

Anthus Laptop Geocoin

Only a couple hours since the original post and the lineup goes all the way to page two!

I'd like a set and some extras, or whatever I can get.

Sweeeet!!!! I want one or five!!!

I totally want you to have one or five and we can find them... B)

Just kidding - we are totally in for a couple. These are the so cute!

Wow! Those are amazing! If you are taking pre-orders, I would be interested in 2 sets.

Cap'n YB is definitely interested in two complete sets of these cool coins.

Great looking coins!! I'm in for two sets. Peoples creativity never ceases to amaze me. Thanks.

Wow! When I saw these coins, I didn't think they were for real! i didn't know you could do that with a coin! I love them. Definitely interested, put me down for a couple. B)

Those are screamin' cool!!

Please put me down for one of each metal.

Do they come with internet access? B)

ROFL!! Wouldn't that be cool if they did? :P Definitely gonna want a couple of these, as they are about as close to a laptop as I'm ever to get. So give us some details already, OK? Pretty please? Before we all get rowdy B)

Got to have them! How awsome! It defiantly repesents the GeoCaching technology.

GOOD JOB.....

Sweeeet!!!! I want one or five!!!

I totally want you to have one or five and we can find them... B)

Just kidding - we are totally in for a couple. These are the so cute!

You know it! If I can get more than 1, I'll be releasing it! I'd love to find this in a cache!

A hinged geocoin! Now that's a good original idea! Nicely done and great detail too. Put me down for a couple, thanks

Please put me down for one set in all metals - they are beautiful!

LeonW B)

One of each metal for us please! Those are really unique!!

Wow! The response has been overwhelimg -- here in my thread, all my PM messages, and all my email messages. I'm glad everyone is as excited about my new coin as I am. B)

As some of you are aware, I've been fighting the flu and a sinus infection most of this week (after catching it from my 7 year old daughter). I took the picture, posted the message, answered a few emails, and then went to bed last night. I woke up this morning to a lot of messages (please be patient as I'm trying to respond to all of them).

I designed the coin and Tess and the fine folks at Coins & Pins made it a reality. This is a compliated coin involiving 4 dies and yes, it has a hinge and opens and shuts :P To my knowledge, this is the first and only geocoin with a hinge. I have been working on this coin for a couple months now and haven't told anyone about it. So, when the samples came yesterday, I couldn't resist anymore and had to share the pics with everyone. There were some errors on the samples that are being fixed. But all in all, they turned out pretty great!

My husband and I spend a significant amount of time on our laptops -- we both have computer related professional careers and computer related hobbies. So, this geocoin was a perfect fit for both of us. And, where we geocaching be if it were not for technology and computers. :P

These are not for sale yet. I want to wait until I get approved proofs before they go on sale. I know how much everyone hates prepaying for coins months in advance.

I don't have all the details on price and availability yet. But, here is what I do have:

- There will be a Black Nickle version

- They will be trackable on gc.com

- They will be sequentially numbered

- They are 1.75" (so it should fit in your binder)

- They will not come with an internet connection B) (sorry I had to throw that in)

Stay tuned to these forums. I'll post more information as it become available.

Thanks......Anthus

Edited to add coin size

Edited by Anthus

This is a formal request for Laptop coin or sets of coins #34 and #43 B):PB)

PS Feel better :P

Wow.

Wow.

Oh, Wow.

I'd dig deep and get two of each metal, and depending on the price, maybe a third of each.

Wow.

B)

You are such a tease! You must be feeling better. LOVE 'em!

Not felling that much better but I did start antibiotics last night.

...Anthus

Ya, I'll be getting at least one coin & if there is a possibility, coin# 72 would be awesome.... I'll be watching for the purchasing post!

:P

Wow, these are AWESOME! If there were Geocoin awards, this one would for sure be the winner. I'm in for one, I'm guessing they're going to cost a little more than the average coin.

and get well soon B)

:P

Wow, these are AWESOME! If there were Geocoin awards, this one would for sure be the winner. I'm in for one, I'm guessing they're going to cost a little more than the average coin.

and get well soon B)

Thanks. They will cost a little more than a regular coin but not twice as much. I'm trying to keep the price down as much as I can.

What can I say? ... WOW!!!!!!

Thanks for the preview! Please put me down for one of each metal.

Thanks for answering my question about the internet connection B)

I hope you feel better very soon! Sorry to hear that you're sick...

I would like 2 sets, when they become available.

My coin budget is way overdrawn, but I definitely have to get at least 1 of these. A great idea, well executed!

What no WIFI??!! It's still a very cool coin with a unique concept. Hope you're feeling better soon.