Anthus Laptop Geocoin

Anthus

Just an update for anybody who cares (ya right). I was the one who voiced my opinion about the slow shipping for this coin and had my order cancelled and money returned, against my wishes. When I responded to this injustice and complained to Groundspeak, I was sanctioned and not allowed to post on the forums for 3 days. I guess that speaks volumes about what happens sometimes. I have such a bad taste in my mouth, I have paid little attention to these forums lately and am about ready to quit collecting coins, not that anybody cares, just wanted to vent a little. I guess I should be thankful that this happened, it will save me a lot of money in the future. My only hope is that if you have a gripe with someone on this forum, you have enough sense to wait until you have coins in hand before you post your opinion and that your response is not confrontational at all or you may experience a sanction as well. Be aware, there is no a democracy here.

Just an update for anybody who cares (ya right). I was the one who voiced my opinion about the slow shipping for this coin and had my order cancelled and money returned, against my wishes. When I responded to this injustice and complained to Groundspeak, I was sanctioned and not allowed to post on the forums for 3 days. I guess that speaks volumes about what happens sometimes. I have such a bad taste in my mouth, I have paid little attention to these forums lately and am about ready to quit collecting coins, not that anybody cares, just wanted to vent a little. I guess I should be thankful that this happened, it will save me a lot of money in the future. My only hope is that if you have a gripe with someone on this forum, you have enough sense to wait until you have coins in hand before you post your opinion and that your response is not confrontational at all or you may experience a sanction as well. Be aware, there is no a democracy here.

Here here, my man. See what happens when you speak up? :laughing:

I wasn't the one that banned you.

Just an update for anybody who cares (ya right). I was the one who voiced my opinion about the slow shipping for this coin and had my order cancelled and money returned, against my wishes. When I responded to this injustice and complained to Groundspeak, I was sanctioned and not allowed to post on the forums for 3 days. I guess that speaks volumes about what happens sometimes.

While I agree a paid order should not be cancelled because you have a disagreement, do you seriously expect us to believe that you were banned for three days for just emailing Groundspeak because of an injustice against you? Even Groundspeak isn't that heavy handed.

I have such a bad taste in my mouth, I have paid little attention to these forums lately and am about ready to quit collecting coins, not that anybody cares, just wanted to vent a little. I guess I should be thankful that this happened, it will save me a lot of money in the future. My only hope is that if you have a gripe with someone on this forum, you have enough sense to wait until you have coins in hand before you post your opinion and that your response is not confrontational at all or you may experience a sanction as well. Be aware, there is no a democracy here.

Sounds like you are working your way to the GeoCide Geocoin. Now if you truly are done with the forums, let your last post be in a blaze of glory and I will get you your LE GeoCide coin. Can't trade for it. you have to earn it. :laughing:

Interesting......I see posts about folks being banned, but nothing reflected on anybody's account to support that actually happened.

Let me remind everybody about a portion of the Geocoin Forum Guidelines:

# Those choosing to participate in an exchange on this board take full responsibility for any consequences of that exchange. Groundspeak is in no way involved in the sale or trading of items on this board and will not be held responsible or liable in any way for quality issues, fraud or any default of transfer on the part of the buyer or seller.

# Individual negotiations or information exchanges should take place through private e-mail or telephone correspondence, not on this board. Please use the communication tools provided on the site or private email.

Another reminder:

Geocoins have exploded over the past two years and everybody is getting involved in sales these days.

Some are qualified to do this and some are not. Some people are better than others.

NOTE: These comments are NOT directed at Anthus, but a general reminder to the community.

Most people doing this are NOT running a business. They are individuals selling a coin for profit. Not being a business (and even if they were), they have the right to operate as they wish. That means that they can sell coins to some people and not others, charge more for some than others, cancel orders for any reason, etc.

There are a lot of complaints about Groundspeak "dipping their fingers" into the coin business, complaints about being too heavy-handed and controlling, people wanting a free-board with free enterprise, etc. BUT as soon as something goes wrong, those same people expect Groundspeak to step in and fix things.

Again, this is not directed towards any one person - just general observations.

In the end, you have a few choices:

1) Not to do "business" with that person/company again

2) Request a refund, etc.

3) Post your complaints here

I will say that the complaints so far (I'm just reading these now) seem to be within the guidelines. They are factual in nature and state the issue/action that caused the complaint and are not personal attacks.

To allow this thread to continue without issue, please continue to keep them in line.

Looks like I am not going to be able to respond at all in the future on this subject. I tried a couple days ago and that post never saw the light of day. Once again, this speaks volumes about how things are done on this forum. I have never once been nasty, hateful or vindictive yet my opinion somehow is not important enough to make this forum. To be honest, I really don't care any more. My life goes on no matter what kind of inequity takes place on this forum.

Looks like I am not going to be able to respond at all in the future on this subject. I tried a couple days ago and that post never saw the light of day. Once again, this speaks volumes about how things are done on this forum. I have never once been nasty, hateful or vindictive yet my opinion somehow is not important enough to make this forum. To be honest, I really don't care any more. My life goes on no matter what kind of inequity takes place on this forum.

Dude seriously. Give it up. You have claimed to have been banned for speaking out, yet FSM has come here and said they don't see anywhere that you were banned. Now you are making the same general accusations against GC. You are losing more credibility with each post. At what point are you going to understand that if you have a problem with the way GC is running their forum, take it to them. Stop crying about it in another person's thread about a coin. If you have something to say even remotely on topic, then great, otherwise you are purosely posting off topic to derail a thread which is going to get your hands slapped. A self fulling prophecy perhaps? And for someone who claims they don't care anymore, you sure are posting about it alot, which is rather remarkable for someone who is being censored as you claim.

Yes, let's keep the drama to a minimum. Everybody has had their say in my opinion. Those that are unsatisfied with the coin have said so. The seller has responded and the back and forth ensued.

Let's keep future posts on-topic of the coin and any issues/kudos that need to be brought up. There will be no toleration for off-topic posts. Rather than closing the topic, it's more likely that suspensions will be issued.

Sorry if that sounds heavy-handed, but it is what it is. It's time to move on and stop discussing things that are not related to the coin and the sale around it (in a civil manner). Continued grievances by the stated parties should be handled in private. Any issues with moderating should be reported to contact@Groundspeak.com.

- FSM

WOOHOO - the laptops have arrived in Aotearoa!! Setting mine up now... going to use parallel computing and use them to take over the worlddddddddd! mwhahaha :o;)

Opps - did I say that out loud? :ph34r:

Anyway, awesome job Anthus - these are great!! Now if only I could get a red or blue LE one...

Recieved our coins this week. Was so excited. Great coin worth the wait. Very glad we ordered a few extras, since they seem to be getting harder to hold on to. All our friends want them. Thanks for creating a wonderful coin for all us junkies.

Any update on where you are on processing the last of the orders. I'm pretty sure I was on the tail end.

Thanks,

I just sent an email out to the last few people that paid in June. I'm very sorry for the delay I had to place a very small order to accommodate the last few late orders/payments. That order was anticipated to arrive last week but did not. I checked with the mint and they are to arrive soon. As soon as I get them I will mail them out immediately and will send you an email verifying it was shipped.

Thanks....Anthus

Hello,

I just dicoverd the anthus laptop coin. The are really awesome !!!!

Is there anybody who has one for sale, or trade ?

Thank you

Team Casteleintjes (The Netherlands)

Hi there, these were sold out long ago...

but if you would like to try and trade for one visit geocoincollection.com or cointracking.com and search the databases for Anthus Laptop. Good Luck!

Hello,

I just dicoverd the anthus laptop coin. The are really awesome !!!!

Is there anybody who has one for sale, or trade ?

Thank you

Team Casteleintjes (The Netherlands)

Hi there, these were sold out long ago...

but if you would like to try and trade for one visit geocoincollection.com or cointracking.com and search the databases for Anthus Laptop. Good Luck!

You can also try posting in the pinned Geocoin Trading thread at the top of the forums page. You might have some luck there.