Anthus Laptop Geocoin

Anthus

How did I totally miss the update for this coin, I am 5 days late :blink: . I see everything is sold out, however I see that some people have purchsed multiple sets :o . There is nothing I wouuld love more than for someone to sell me one of their extra coins :( . ANYONE, ANYONE?

I have a feeling this request is going on deaf ears. B) They can get 4 times that amount on Ebay.

Edit to Add:

And sorry D, I didn't order any of these this time, otherwise you could have mine :P

Edited by The Moop Along

How did I totally miss the update for this coin, I am 5 days late :( . I see everything is sold out, however I see that some people have purchsed multiple sets :P . There is nothing I wouuld love more than for someone to sell me one of their extra coins :blink: . ANYONE, ANYONE?

I have a feeling this request is going on deaf ears. :D They can get 4 times that amount on Ebay.

Edit to Add:

And sorry D, I didn't order any of these this time, otherwise you could have mine B)

You mean there is something you don't have :o !! Just my luck, once again no deal!!

How did I totally miss the update for this coin, I am 5 days late :P . I see everything is sold out, however I see that some people have purchsed multiple sets B) . There is nothing I wouuld love more than for someone to sell me one of their extra coins :D . ANYONE, ANYONE?

I have a feeling this request is going on deaf ears. :o They can get 4 times that amount on Ebay.

Edit to Add:

And sorry D, I didn't order any of these this time, otherwise you could have mine :blink:

You mean there is something you don't have :( !! Just my luck, once again no deal!!

yes, odd isn't it? :D:D

Sorry about the one thread one coin issue.

I'm keeping a waiting list for those that didn't get in on time for reservations. Anyone that doesn't pay for their order will forfeit their reservation and the next person on the waiting list will have an opportunity to purchase them. So, if you would like to be on the waiting list, please send me an email.

Also, I have a small quantity of all versions for trade.

Thanks....Anthus

Yeah I really hate this "one coin - one thread" rule. I either have to wade through 200 "I want one" posts looking for changes, or take a chance on missing an update.

Windrose

Yep the one coin, one thread rule has got to go.

I see no difference in closing a thread before opening a new one for the next stage. It is ridiculous to have to wade through posts to find the ONE that has the sales info.

Now if we could edit our OP for longer than 24 hours...it might make sense. Have a post at the end that says ordering open see 1st post.....but that still is not good.

I agree that it would be better if we could close the old thread and open a new one for the new stage. Even if the mods change the title of the thread, all that does is let me know that I need to wade through 6 pages of posts trying to find the one post from the OP that has the new info or new pics.

Windrose

Now if we could edit our OP for longer than 24 hours...it might make sense. Have a post at the end that says ordering open see 1st post.....but that still is not good.

I agree, I wish we could edit our OP for as long as the thread is active. That way all relevant info on sale / pre orders / reservations could go right there in the first post.

...Anthus

I agree, I wish we could edit our OP for as long as the thread is active. That way all relevant info on sale / pre orders / reservations could go right there in the first post.

That's a good idea. It would make it much easier to find the most current info.

Windrose

How did I totally miss the update for this coin, I am 5 days late B) . I see everything is sold out, however I see that some people have purchsed multiple sets B) . There is nothing I wouuld love more than for someone to sell me one of their extra coins B) . ANYONE, ANYONE?

Don't worry Dennis, I have you Covered. B)

I totally missed the ordering, but have put one in anyway in case someone does pay... so I might end up with a BN if I'm lucky...

Anthus - do you have a waiting list for the LE's? If so could you put me on it please (I couldn't add those when ordering)

I do have a growing waiting list for the LEs and I just put your name on it. If any come available due to non-payment and you are next on the list you will be notified.

....Anthus

Anthus

Please put me also on the wating list for the LE or whatever follow-up run of these coins you intend to do, I followed the thread but darn, :P I still have a job to do - not computer related - and missed the reservation list. This series was hugely popular!

Please contact by private e-mail.

LeonW

I'm still getting tons of of emails and requests from people wanting to reserve a laptop geocoin. Many of which said they stopped reading the initial post since it was labeled sneak peak. I'm kicking around the idea of reopening reservations for just the regulars. Would anyone that has already reserved the laptop mind if I reopen just the regulars? Again, this would only be for the regular editions.

Thanks....Anthus

I would appreciate that quite a bit, as I am a victim of exactly that post of "Sneak Peak" I did not come back and look (my fault) but was completely busted when I saw some postes of them being completely sold out somehwere else. I would love to get a hold on some of those laptops,as I spent most of my work time on one of them for tooooo many hours a day. So I vote for some more. Thanks.

It's your coin, do as you please. It's not like you sold a certain number under the pretext of this is a limited edition and all that is being sold, then came back and minted more LE coins. There isn't now or should ever be a limit on regular edition coins. Have at it, but then you already have my order :P .

The one thread rule left many unable to order. I think this would help those to order a "laptop" coin that missed out. One thing I would like to see though is a post stating that the sale of the coins would be a certin day and time posted a couple of days in advance, this will allow all to know up front when a sale will start. Not just a reservation page poping up from know where. If I were out a few HRS later the night your coins went on sale I would have missed out, just some food for thought. :P

Edited by glennk721

Does this mean if we already have put in a reservation we have to do it again? (I have a reserve for a black nickel.) Or will you be ordering more coins to sell?

No. Anyone that has already reserved through my reservation web site need not reserve again -- in fact, please do not or I'll be spending a lot of time correcting the reservation database. Again, you must have reserved through my web site. I did not take any reservations by email or PM.

This is strictly for those that haven't ordered yet or want to add to their order.

The one thread rule left many unable to order. I think this would help those to order a "laptop" coin that missed out. One thing I would like to see though is a post stating that the sale of the coins would be a certin day and time posted a couple of days in advance, this will allow all to know up front when a sale will start. Not just a reservation page poping up from know where. If I were out a few HRS later the night your coins went on sale I would have missed out, just some food for thought. :(

Just for clarification, there will not be a "Sale date". Those that reserved will be getting an invoice via Paypal closer to the date that coins will delivered.

Also, as an update, I'm still waiting on the second set of samples to arrive.

Thanks.....Anthus

Stacy, Opps did not mean "sale" just a date and time posted ahead of time for a reservation so folks know before hand.

Glenn

No problem. Just didn't want people to think that that they would have to complete a sales order if they had a reservation -- just trying to cut down on the emails :(

Thanks...

Reservations are now open

Hi all. I have the reservation web site up and ready to accept your reservations. These are not for sale yet -- just reservation. I want to wait until closer to when they are done being produced before I accept payment. So, when sales are opened, I will first send paypal invoices to those that have made a reservation through the web site. If any are left, then I will open the sales to the public.

If you have already sent me an email or PM asking to purchase, please be sure to fill out your reservation on the web site. I will fill orders from this website and not from my emails or PMs. This is the best way to keep things straight.

If you have any question, please feel free to contact me.

Reserve your laptop geocoins here

Thanks .... Anthus :(

I don't know how I missed thereservations but I'd like one of each set ( red and blue) and a black nickel too.

I hope it's still possible.

Edited by tom4props