Anthus Laptop Geocoin

Anthus

At the request of many, I am going to be putting together a reservation website for the laptop geocoins in the next couple of days. Invoices will not be going out immediately for I will be waiting until closer to the delivery date before I request payment. This will just be a reservation list for now. Once I begin invoicing, I will start with those on the reservation list and if any are left then will open it up to everyone else.

Mr. Anthus and I are still working out the details like price and metals. So far, definately black nickel and definately nickel. These are the closest colors to real laptops.

Also, please keept in mind that because this is a complicated coin, the proofs contained some errors as was to be expected. I will be getting another set of samples before I place the order. As such, I am not able to give a delivery date at this time other than to say I'm moving them along as fast as I can. :D

Again, thanks so much for all the interest in this new coin. I am totally blown away by everyone's kind comments and the large number of posts, PMs and email I am continuing to receive. This is what makes designing geocoins so much fun -- hearing everyone's reactions when they like them. :D

....Stacy

P.S. Starting to finally feel better. Just need to get rid of this annoying cough now. I'm trying to catch up on all the posts and emails that I've missed over the last few days. Please be patient if I haven't responded to you yet.

At the request of many, I am going to be putting together a reservation website for the laptop geocoins in the next couple of days. Invoices will not be going out immediately for I will be waiting until closer to the delivery date before I request payment. This will just be a reservation list for now. Once I begin invoicing, I will start with those on the reservation list and if any are left then will open it up to everyone else.

Mr. Anthus and I are still working out the details like price and metals. So far, definately black nickel and definately nickel. These are the closest colors to real laptops.

Also, please keept in mind that because this is a complicated coin, the proofs contained some errors as was to be expected. I will be getting another set of samples before I place the order. As such, I am not able to give a delivery date at this time other than to say I'm moving them along as fast as I can. :D

Again, thanks so much for all the interest in this new coin. I am totally blown away by everyone's kind comments and the large number of posts, PMs and email I am continuing to receive. This is what makes designing geocoins so much fun -- hearing everyone's reactions when they like them. :cry:

....Stacy

P.S. Starting to finally feel better. Just need to get rid of this annoying cough now. I'm trying to catch up on all the posts and emails that I've missed over the last few days. Please be patient if I haven't responded to you yet.

I would like a couple of them please. Thanks

Hello! I haven't seen any announcement for a reservation website but it looks like you are very busy. We are interested in 2 please. we aren't picky on the finish, unless some sort of copper will be available. Then we'd definitely want one of those. :D

Edited by PengoFamily

Reservations are now open

Hi all. I have the reservation web site up and ready to accept your reservations. These are not for sale yet -- just reservation. I want to wait until closer to when they are done being produced before I accept payment. So, when sales are opened, I will first send paypal invoices to those that have made a reservation through the web site. If any are left, then I will open the sales to the public.

If you have already sent me an email or PM asking to purchase, please be sure to fill out your reservation on the web site. I will fill orders from this website and not from my emails or PMs. This is the best way to keep things straight.

If you have any question, please feel free to contact me.

Reserve your laptop geocoins here

Thanks .... Anthus :D

Reservations are now open

Hi all. I have the reservation web site up and ready to accept your reservations. These are not for sale yet -- just reservation. I want to wait until closer to when they are done being produced before I accept payment. So, when sales are opened, I will first send paypal invoices to those that have made a reservation through the web site. If any are left, then I will open the sales to the public.

If you have already sent me an email or PM asking to purchase, please be sure to fill out your reservation on the web site. I will fill orders from this website and not from my emails or PMs. This is the best way to keep things straight.

If you have any question, please feel free to contact me.

Reserve your laptop geocoins here

Thanks .... Anthus :D

Reservations made!!!!

Great! Just ordered a "Laptop Blue Set". But a bit disconcerting... what does the last line of the reservation form mean by:

"Reservation does not guarantee you will receive a coin."

Surely if I make a formal online reservation, I'll at least definitely be offered the opportunity to actually purchase what I ordered now, yes?

Also, not sure what you mean by:

"Nickel with Blue Translucent Top (LE)" (likewise "Red Translucent...")

As there's no pic for the LE's, what exactly is this red/blue "Translucent Top" all about?

Great! Just ordered a "Laptop Blue Set". But a bit disconcerting... what does the last line of the reservation form mean by:

"Reservation does not guarantee you will receive a coin."

This just means that if you don't pay for your order when the invoices are sent by the due date on the invoice (I usually give a 2 week due date) then you will not receive a coin. So, just because you reserve a coin doesn't mean you will get a coin -- you will have to pay for the coin. Reservation gives you first opportunity to purchase what you reserved. Boy, I hope I just didn't make the explaination more confusing.

Also, not sure what you mean by:

"Nickel with Blue Translucent Top (LE)" (likewise "Red Translucent...")

As there's no pic for the LE's, what exactly is this red/blue "Translucent Top" all about?

If you have seen the Dell XPS laptops, you will have noticed that the top of the laptop has a translucent colored lid. This is the effect I'm trying to replicate on the LEs. This is one of the errors that occurred with the proofs. They did not make the die correctly for the top of the coin (side with the tracking number on it) so they couldn't apply the translucent coloring to the top of the coin. As such, I unfortunately do not have any samples of the LEs to show you at this time. They are currently making new dies and hopefully within a week or two I will have samples to share with everyone. Only the LEs will have the translucent enamel on the laptop lid.

....Anthus

Sorry, I didn't mean for it to be confusing.