Need help 2007 Compass Rose

Vegas Gamblers

I just had the same experience as the last few posters. About 6:45 Central, got in with no problems and placed my order with no lag, freeze up or drama. I too ran into the site being inaccessible earlier, and perhaps this is just a way of controlling access. No small site is going to take the kind of abuse that hundreds of rabid cachers all logging on at once will dish out. Hope you all get as lucky as I did, and remember that no matter how desirable the Gold 2006's were, you can still find many available for trade at the trading sites. They're not going to disappear overnight.

WHY should it benefit US working conditions only :blink: Please have some consideration for those in the rest of the world trying to purchase a CR geocoin. Think about Aaron (and others) having to sit up all night to monitor the problems that have developed.....add another 3 hours and the problem will not necessarily dissapear.

mm

Because it's a US business. I referred to the orig. poster in saying that we could help each other out (meaning helping people who don't live in the US) by making arrangements to buy coins for them. I can sell you one of mine at cost, if you want!

Yippeeee! Got some dragons and some compass roses! It was mighty frustrating there for a while, but THANK YOU AARON for getting it all working so quickly! (Yes, I said quickly. With the 2006 Gold CR's, I tried for hours, went to bed, got up to take care of business at 3am, and that's when I got my order in. Tonight, I can just go straight back to bed!)

:blink:

Were there any Gold CRs available this year or just the B,S, & BN?

I believe there will be a satin gold finish later, but on another site.

Rumor also has it that a very LE version will be available soon at an undisclosed location...purchases in person only... :blink:

Satin Gold Version

There is rumored to be a super dooper LE version--not the satin gold that won't be sold online!

and I WANT one!! did I say I want one of those too!! No I NEED one as I'm addicted!! :ph34r:

Edited by LadyBee4T

Well, looks like I left too soon. Just came back to check on the thread and seeing now that they had come back again about 15 minutes after I moved on to other things. I had tried a while ago to resubmit the order that was half through when it froze, but it finally said there was nothing there instead of giving me an error page, and I had rechecked the coin page then but there was nothing (must've already sold out again at that point).

Oh well, guess there's always next year. :huh:

Edit: Okay, I must be tired. Didn't even see the big arrow saying "next page". Order going in. :P

Edited by islander1988

Well, looks like I left too soon. Just came back to check on the thread and seeing now that they had come back again about 15 minutes after I moved on to other things. I had tried a while ago to resubmit the order that was half through when it froze, but it finally said there was nothing there instead of giving me an error page, and I had rechecked the coin page then but there was nothing (must've already sold out again at that point).

Oh well, guess there's always next year. :huh:

Still up for sale did you go to the second page ?

This isn't "official", but when I was talking with Tess an hour or so ago, the bronze were running low. I see the Black Nickel are low now as well.

I was told they were already working on the second batch of coins, and there was only 1 more to go. If they run out tonight, the last batch will be entered sometime tomorrow...when those are gone...well, you get the picture. :huh:

Well, I have these 3 finishes at least. :P Maybe I can trade for a satin gold to finish the set. I was pretty quick putting in a reservation with USA geocoins for some after the e-mail notice arrived, but I was cheap and opted to not pay by money order to guarantee my reservation. I now think that was probably a mistake. :huh:

Returned from dinner around 10:00 pm, and bought all new personal geocoin issues without any issues.

Is it not time for Coins and Pins to seriously re-think their business model? It may be "just a coin" but the feeding frenzy (as witnessed on this thread) created by the seller is ridiculous.

Attention Coins and Pins: Your CUSTOMERS want to pre-buy! Why stick with your current philosophy when the evidence glaringly indicates it does not work?

Attention would-be flamers: It's just a coin. (And an opinion.)

Thank you and good night! (And, I am happy to report that between 6:25 when I had to run to catch the boat and the time I returned, I didn't think about it once. After all, they are just coins.)