Closest Cache...

Cougar21

The nearest cache to me is 1.9 miles away.

However, the interesting thing is that the next nearest cache, which is 2.5 miles away, was the very first cache I did just over 2 years ago. Nice to see it's still going strong, but slightly surprised that there has been only one cache been placed closer in the 2 years and 3 days that I've been caching :rolleyes: .

How far away is the closest cache to your home coordinates. (not placed by yourself incase you have put one on your front door)

How about on your own front door, but not placed by yourself? The cacher in question has put my name on the cache though, so I can never find it and log it to get it off my nearest unfound list :anicute:

However, I just checked and AARGH!!! what's THIS?!! Some so and so from out of town has placed a cache yesterday some 0.3 miles from my house, I hadn't noticed and somebody else from out of town has FTFd it already. Unleash the hounds!.... :P

How about on your own front door, but not placed by yourself? The cacher in question has put my name on the cache though, so I can never find it and log it to get it off my nearest unfound list :anicute:

If you can sign the log why can't you log it? Okay, I probably would have the same moral problem with it, but how does this differ from someone in a group of caches finding the cache and the rest of us signing it.

Many Moons ago when I would avidly watch for a new cache in the locality (between Humber and Tweed I spotted one thats seemed close.

Poked the co-ords into my trusty Garmin 12 and sat on step to let gps find sats, settle and let me know how far it was.. I think it worked out at 12 feet!!!

JasonW and Monz decided to plant a cache next to my wheely bin as a bit of a joke, the toe rags..

If some one wants to work it out these are the co-ords :anicute::D:P

N 54° 58.040 W 001° 29.176 Cache GCE20

N 54° 58.037 W 001° 29.178 Home Co-ords

:D

0.8 of a mile from our home co-ordinates, although we have placed some nearer. The next nearest that isn't ours is 1.4 miles away.

If we use our postcode instead of the home co-ordinates, the nearest that isn't ours is 1 mile away and the next nearest that isn't ours is 1.2 miles away. These are two different caches from the nearest to our home co-ordinates, which then become 1.7 and 2.4 miles away. Quite a discrepancy.

Many Moons ago when I would avidly watch for a new cache in the locality (between Humber and Tweed I spotted one thats seemed close.

Poked the co-ords into my trusty Garmin 12 and sat on step to let gps find sats, settle and let me know how far it was.. I think it worked out at 12 feet!!!

JasonW and Monz decided to plant a cache next to my wheely bin as a bit of a joke, the toe rags..

If some one wants to work it out these are the co-ords :anicute::P:D

:)

I hate to be the bearer of bad news :D but its ................................19ft :D

If some one wants to work it out these are the co-ords :anicute::P:D

:)

I hate to be the bearer of bad news :D but its ................................19ft :D

It seemed like 12ft at the time :D:P

How far away is the closest cache to your home coordinates. (not placed by yourself incase you have put one on your front door)

Mine is 0.2 miles or 360m

Being thin on the ground, as they are around these parts, my nearest is about 19 miles (Thanks Sadie's Mob!).

I am hoping to remedy this situation in the not-too-distant future.

Having said that there are some beautiful places to be discovered by travelling further afield. All I need now is some wheels :ph34r: