It Is With Some Trepidation...........

Lactodorum

...that we are to resume our duties.

A week ago both Dave and I were feeling very isolated and were unsure of our position. Thanks to Hydee at Groundspeak we are much more confident of what is expected of us and how we are expected to perform our duties. Throughout this difficult period Grounsdpeak has been most supportive and has worked hard to get us all to the position whereby we feel able to pick up the reins again. We should all thank them for this. Perhaps Hydee would like to offer her talents to a certain Mr Blair and a Mr Brown to try and iron out their little difficulty at the moment (for our overseas friends that's a UK in joke ;)<_< )

Then there is you lot :huh: !! The messages of support have astounded us! It is due to your overwhelming response that we have had second thoughts. You guys and gals deserve the best and we will do our best to live up to your high standards. Please go gentle with us if we make the occasional booboo though :huh:

So, as of now, we are both back on reviewer duty as before. As for forum moderation, due to some very heavy work commitments Dave is leaving that to me for the moment and I’ll try and keep “the ship on an even keel”. I too have some personal commitments which will be taking me away from home from time to time but I’ll try and stay in touch via dial-up on my laptop PC. If I don’t respond straight away be assured I’ll catch up as soon as I can. Hopefully that side of things will be back to normal in a few weeks too.

One final request, while as I said before we were overwhelmed by all the good wishes expressed to our previous announcement, could I ask that any messages of support or dismay at our decision be sent directly to us rather than being posted as replies here. Likewise, any requests for further background information on why we took either decision will be met with a polite silence. We would like to think that the past is past and what is important is to get back to discussing multi-billion dollar satellite systems and plastic lunchboxes 

Thanks and it’s good to be back (I think!!!)

Peter (Lactodorum) and Dave (Eckington)

Now about converting all those “virtual” pints into real ones ..............

Now about converting all those “virtual” pints into real ones ..............

*An eerie hush fell upon the forum....*

Happy / Ecstatic to have you both back...

"and a new age of peaceful happy caching was resumed with EVERYONE being incredibly nice to each other - and yea verily it was good!!!"

House Of Boo

Edited by House Of Boo
One final request, while as I said before we were overwhelmed by all the good wishes expressed to our previous announcement, could I ask that any messages of support or dismay at our decision be sent directly to us rather than being posted as replies here

Erh that didn't work then <_<

Well done guys top decision ! got to say that I think you have saved us all a lot of issues by rethinking......

Thanks again.

Mike