SCREEN NAME IS MORE THAN AN ALIAS

well mine is way to simple:Flowerswife it is as it says. My hubby's last name is flowers and I am his wife :lol:

if I uploaded my Avitar correctly then its pic is pretty much what you see. A album cover with my name on it. Well of course since this album was in 1997 that would mean I would today to be about 8, and since I old enough to be married, the album cover is a just a remake of the song I was actually named after written in 1969.

Hey it could of been worse. When I got my web site I was googling for images to add to it that had my name as the title. I was dismayed to find it was mostly used as a pet name (llamas, dogs, horses) and pictures of spices and overly "spicy" girls. So I had to settle for a album cover, Atleast it was better then having a box of cereal on there ;)

flowerswife

edit: grammer

Edited by flowerswife

dad-dont-get-us-lost

Taking the kids and wife into the woods with a gps on the first try can be scary. This happened to us in a dense forrest area where the satelite froze. After that, both kids were yelling...dad dont get us lost. After that, we signed up with geocaching and thus the name reminds our family how far we've come with our GPS. Now if vacation driving would be that smooth. :mad:

I had a very hard time deciding on a username. I went through several in the first couple of months. I thought I'd get my wife hooked and we'd each take on our dogs names.

I took the wolfhound: Hako the Wolf

I figured the wife would take: Bailey the Basset or something like that.

She hasn't gotten hooked yet, and keeps telling me I'm a horrible dad for ignoring the Basset.

So I went with the Hounds of Meur (meur.org is a domain that I own, meur is family tree in Scots Gaelic), hounds obviously being for the wolfhound and the basset hound.

But I didn't like it, so I went back to Hako the Wolf. But, I kept getting harrassed about ignoring the poor Basset.

So after much thought I fell back on an old radio call sign from my Platoon Leader time in the Army.

B = Bravo for B Co 121st Signal Battalion

R = Red for 1st Platoon

Tango = Platoon Leader

Bravo Red November was the Platoon Sergeant, Bravo White Tango/November was for 2nd Platoon, Alpha for A Co... well... you get the picture.

So... I've settled on Bravo Red Tango: BRTango for short.

I'm currently working on getting Bravo White Tango into geocaching... wish me luck.

PS. that's Hako on the left in my avatar and Baily on the right.

My name comes from my childhood. As a very young kid, I was allowed a lot of freedom as was my best friend. He lived near a long abandoned ranch in which Atascadero creek ran through. We spent a childs life time exploring and expierencing life by that creek, right in to our late teen years. So my name is not only my tribute to this place I dearly love but also to the life expierences learned there. Many of which I'll never admit too! :ph34r:

Well, since we started hunting caches our five year old son is obsesed with pirates and the treasure they hid. (Just for the record, no matter how many times I tell him that pirates did not hide plastic toys in an ammo box under a sage bush in the NV desert, he is convinced that everyone hidding caches is a pirate.)

For his birthday we bought him the movie "Goonies". After watching it he thought that characters were called the "Magoonies" and insisted that what we do is just like the movie. To those who have not spent a lot of time around small children this would probably be anoying. To us, however, it was worth about 5 minutes of ROTFL.

At that point our screen name was changed from the "BlackLotus" I was using (a reference to Magic:The Gathering) to Magoonies.

We use the "Pirate" theme to explain why he must choose something at least as "cool" as the item he takes to leave as a gift for the "Pirates" who own the cache. Nothing worse than angry pirates in the rural Nevada desert :rolleyes:

Techie buddy gave me the name Daemon because of this definition;

A program that runs in the background whenever needed, carrying out tasks for the user. They 'sleep' until something comes along which needs their help; most commonly found on Unix systems.

www.devel.legend.co.uk/resources/gloss.html

And Lee is my last name.

My story isn't that great but:

While surfing the net one night I found this website called geocaching.com. After reading about the site and remembering the old GPS III I had from a few years ago that was laying in a box somewhere in the closet I grab some coords off the site and headed out. When I got there I found the cache without a problem, it was a plastic gallon jug with a bunch of wet toys in it and a wet logbook that was almost unreadable and I thought THATSIT. So when I finally registered on geocaching.com I ................

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Squatting Dog:<BR><BR>can someone tell me what 'Markwell' means? i've seen this used many times, i understand it was originally someone's screen name?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR><BR>I think it's also his family name. It means to "provide links to previous threads dealing with the same topic."

Reminds me of the UnFiction term "trout". Derived from the mIRC command /slap X (which has the result of Y slaps X with a large trout!, which is usually used to get someone's attention), it means "Not to sound rude or anything, but the subject you've brought up has been mentioned before," usually with a link to the thread it was brought up in.

As a matter of fact, trouting's become so common over there that they even have a :trout: smilie (which looks like this: afriendlytrout2.gif, and links to this thread, where "trout" is explained in more detail: Here we go again . . . TROUT).

most of the time when i am on the net my username is starchaser, because i am into astronomy. it seems that a few other people use that also. one day out of pure frustration trying to find a user name, i made up uperdooper because i knew that it would be unique. it has no meaning what so ever, but no one else has used it except my mother who is uperdooper2. :)

Really?

I'd always assumed -- I'd have sworn -- that you borrowed it from the theater scene in the movie Young Frankenstein.

You know ... Super Duper!

It's the scene where "Dr. Fronkonsteen" (Gene Wilder) is on stage dancing and singing "Puttin' On The Ritz" with the speech-impeded Monster (Peter Boyle):

Dr. Fronkonsteen:

Dressed up like a million dollar trouper;

Trying hard to Look like Gary Cooper ...

The Monster:

... UPER DOOPER!

peterboyle.jpg

most of the time when i am on the net my username is starchaser, because i am into astronomy. it seems that a few other people use that also. one day out of pure frustration trying to find a user name, i made up uperdooper because i knew that it would be unique. it has no meaning what so ever, but no one else has used it except my mother who is uperdooper2. :)

Really?

I'd always assumed -- I'd have sworn -- that you borrowed it from the theater scene in the movie Young Frankenstein.

It's the scene where "Dr. Fronkonsteen" (Gene Wilder) is on stage dancing and singing "Puttin' On The Ritz" with the speech-impeded Monster (Peter Boyle):

Dr. Fronkonsteen:

The Monster:

... UPER DOOPER!

peterboyle.jpg

:laughing::lol:

funny thing! a couple of months ago, i was re-watching that movie and when the monster sang uper dooper, i actually said "holy carp", out loud. :) it must have stuck in my mind, and that's why i used it. :laughing:

My screen name is the title of a song that my wife and I sing to our granddaughter who is 19 months old.

Skidamarink a dink a dink,

Skidamarink a doo,

I love you.

Skidamarink a dink a dink,

Skidamarink a doo,

I love you.

I love you in the morning

And in the afternoon,

I love you in the evening

And underneath the moon;

Oh, Skidamarink a dink a dink,

Skidamarink a doo,

I love you!

most of the time when i am on the net my username is starchaser, because i am into astronomy. it seems that a few other people use that also. one day out of pure frustration trying to find a user name, i made up uperdooper because i knew that it would be unique. it has no meaning what so ever, but no one else has used it except my mother who is uperdooper2. :(

Really?

Dr. Fronkonsteen:

The Monster:

... UPER DOOPER!

peterboyle.jpg

:D:(

funny thing! a couple of months ago, i was re-watching that movie and when the monster sang uper dooper, i actually said "holy carp", out loud. :D it must have stuck in my mind, and that's why i used it. :o

Either way, that's a cool cacher name. It's always been one of my favorites. :D

I have always been the guy that tosses a firecracker into the campfire just to watch everyone scatter, or grease up the toilet seat with vasoline. One night while chatting on IRC I saw the dominos pizza commercial featuring....Tadaaa...BadAndy, so I glommed onto the nick. My name isn't even Andy, it's George. BadAndy is more my style.

Well my name is Andy and my SN comes from the commercial as well, plus 32 was my football jersey number in high school

One day, back in the dim and misty, I was looking for a username on some service or another when I was signing up. All the ones I used normally were taken. So I'm racking my brains trying to come up with a good name that I don't have to put a bunch of numbers at the end of.

One of my wife's prescription medication bottles happened to be on the desk at the time and I glanced at it for inspiration. One of the ingredients was "cyclomethicone", which was too long, but Cyclometh worked pretty good.

So no, it has nothing to do with motorcycles, although I ride one at least 150 miles every day, and certainly nothing to do with meth.

Funny thing is, not long after I started using it, it cropped up here and there on other sites as others started using it. :P

Here's the reason behind my name:

711092504-necc_beaverun_2005_wilcox__volks.jpg

More detail, for non car nuts who probably need explanation <g>.....I own several Chevrolet Corvairs, produced in the 60s. They were rear-engined, and the engine design was a "flat opposed six" cylinder. I have had at least one Corvair since the age of 14, and I presently own 3. The one in the pic is me--I regularly participate in vintage racing track events.

FlatSix

Allentown, PA

There is a famous drink over here called Brandy Sour made with a mixture of Bitters, Lemon Juice, Soda Water and Brandy. When made, it is a kinda reddy brown colour.

Our first dog, a mongrel (mixture) and reddy brown in colour was immediately named Brandi Sour (thought the change from a Y to an I suited a female) but she is commonly known as just Brandi.

Our (not so well made) avatar shows the drink in question. Cheers. :P

I've been reading tarot cards for the last 7 - 8 years. As for the three, I like having a unique name that I can use anywhere, and I've seen one or two other tarotreader's so i slammed the three down (Arbitrarily) and it's stuck ever since. it also allows me a great three initial set to put into arcade machines when i get a high score : tr3 (note: all lowercase)

In my local area at least, I know more about the care of captive marine fish, invertibrates, and corals than anyone else :P As a result, "Fish" became my nickname and I use it on every forum I am a member of. When I tried to sign up here I found that the name was already taken by someone else - hence the variation.

- Chad

I originally started out caching with my 6 year old and 8 year old daughters as Team Hawkinson. After a month or two, my obsession with caching grew to a level that they just couldnt keep up with, I still enjoy doing the periodic cache with my daughters when they feel in the mood though. Also my job takes me all over the state of Washington, so most of my finds are done solo. I opted to change my user name to just reflect me, and Hawk has always been what I was called from high school through the military. Hawk was already taken so i modified it to -Hawk-.