SCREEN NAME IS MORE THAN AN ALIAS

At our house we have at least four species of animal besides us at any given moment. When I was picking an email address, we had 8 horses, 9 dogs, 8 cats, and 2 rabbits. My name is Maggie and I live in a zoo. We've since lost the rabbits (they do get old and die) but have gained a betta fish and a plecostemus.

My husband is Wafflesdad. Waffles is our Belgian filly. Please tell me you get the joke! Our niece has gone caching with us, so she used Wafflescousin.

Anybody need a dog? We have several that need homes.

Maggieszoo in Ohio :anitongue:

My daughter came up with the name.

Since, my 35 times removed Grandfather, founded the country of Iceland, I thought it was approriate.

The problem came, when both daugthers also wanted to log individually.

So one became "Two of the Texas Vikings" Daughter and Husband

and "Other Two of the Texas Vikings" Daughter and Son

and I became: "One of the Texas Vikings" :anitongue:

Edited by One of the Texas Vikings

Years ago a friend made the comment that my house bordered on the edge of choas and that they could see entropy. Somehow that got morphed into entropy's edge which is what friends started calling my house and when I set up a website to show my art and photography, I bought the domain. Out of laziness, I started using entropysedge as a screenname on various boards.

Back in 93-94 I started flying in AirWarrior and wanted a name that would stick. I had gone to DC and visited friends on "The Wall". In 1972 I was 19 yrs old in the Air Cav and had a Capt. that took me under his wing so to speak. His call sign was Centaur5. (I was CENT3.) On a very bad day in July 1972 he was KIA just east of Quang Tri. I cared deeply about this man who mentored me in a difficult stage of life. Sooo I took his call sign CENT5 to keep his memory alive and to honor a true hero in my life.

I just changed my alias. When I started geocaching, I logged in with my real name (how boring is that?). Wanting to join in the fun, I changed it to Mario and Princess Peach.

My wife likes to play Mario with my son. I'm 42 and have been married 21 years, and this is the first hobby that both of us seem to enjoy equally. So, I let her choose the name. It seems to fit nicely, as Mario was always searching for some hidden prize.

An E9 in the Army and his lovely lady. Last name is Duckett.

SGM & MRS D,

Wow. You've got 10 strips on your arm below your rank. If I'm not mistaken, that's 40 years. Right?. One strip for each 4 years right?

I was in the navy 5 years I only got one of those strips.

Well listen. My five years might mean nothing to most but I want to thank you for serving all of your years for all of us.

Thank you very much.

With much respect,

-Jeff

My screen name is sort of a pun on my real name (Anna) and my favorite martial art, Aikido: Thus, "Annakido". Also, my sensei gave me the idea by sometimes teasing me (when I did something differently than we were doing it) by asking "are you doing Anna-do now?" :unsure: ("do", pronounced 'doe', means "art" or "way").

Mine is the result of a latenight IM brainstorming session between my best friend and I trying to come up with a better screenname for AIM that what I had at the time. Funny... I'll be damned if I can remember what the old screenname was. Something rather long and complicated involving words and numbers anyway.

So, since I like hiking, kayaking, and other such activities I would seem to be a wanderer at heart. And my name is Rob. Fired it in to AOL, it came back ok. I've used it as my screenname all over the place since.

Well, it all started like this........I got married 9 years ago........thus my screen name.    I guess I could change it every couple of months or so, but to what?  Besides, I'd just have to change it back.  LOL :mad:

There seems to be a very slow echo in here. Or your short term memory is shot! B) You made this similiar post two months ago. BTW, in case you can't remember, you haven't made any posts in between. :D

Lack of Nookie........Gonna switch my screen name about once a month......after my better half gives me Lots of Nookie.  Then I'm sure I'll switch it back again. 

:unsure::mad:

My wife used to be rather active on a camping board called "PopUpExplorer" - for people who camp with pop up/tent trailer campers. Her alias was "PopTart." So when I got into geocaching, I called myself "PopFart" (hey, it fit ;) ). But since we geocache as a family, we decided to change our alias on here from "PopFart" to a more all inclusive one; thus "ZillahBillies" (we live in a town called Zillah). It's all for the best....since I still have no idea what kind of avatar I could have found for "PopFart." ;)

Team AlphaOmega, has no signifigance rather than someone might figure out that it means the beginning and the end. Which then would represent that this team will last through anything. I'm looking for a 5/5 in my SW PA area. IF ANYONE READ THIS IN THAT AREA>>>MAKE ONE!!!! We're all about the challenge. CreekFalls90 is just my forum name, named after the waterfalls in my backyard.

I've been using the name omegabane for years now. I see a recent poster (Team AlphaOmega) also uses Omega in their name, which is interesting. My name basically means the end of the end or the death of the end.

It actually originated with a friend of mine in high school who was using it as her password for her e-mail account or something. I thought it was a cool idea, so I stole it and it has become my online identity ever since.

Some people have misinterpreted it to have religious significance - it does not. For me, it has come to mean that I never give up on things and that I'll take them to the very bitter end, and then beyond. Maybe I'll even go so far as to beat a dead a horse. Or maybe not.

I've been using the name omegabane for years now. I see a recent poster (Team AlphaOmega) also uses Omega in their name, which is interesting. My name basically means the end of the end or the death of the end.

It actually originated with a friend of mine in high school who was using it as her password for her e-mail account or something. I thought it was a cool idea, so I stole it and it has become my online identity ever since.

Some people have misinterpreted it to have religious significance - it does not. For me, it has come to mean that I never give up on things and that I'll take them to the very bitter end, and then beyond. Maybe I'll even go so far as to beat a dead a horse. Or maybe not.

My name basically means the end of the end or the death of the end.

This comes from Alpha and Omega being the first and last letters in the Greek alphabet.

Some people have misinterpreted it to have religious significance

You mean aside from God being listed as the Alpha and the Omega in the bible?

Way back when I got my first computer and had to come up with something unique for an email account, I had just gotten a Great Dane puppy. Her name was Shazam but I didn't like it. I had a hard time coming up with a new name until I was at work one day and came across paperwork for someone whose first name was Willow. The name fit her. I've used Danewillow ever since. Sadly, we had to put Willow to sleep last year because of bone cancer. We now have a new Great Dane puppy, Maia (Roman Goddess of Growth and she is living up to her name), who enjoys geocaching very much. Why do humans insist on walking so much when there are so many sticks to pick up and chew?

Major trek is only two and a half. So every cache he does is a challenge, if not to him certainly for us, as we tend to carry him on my shoulders when he gets tried. So major Trek & Co (Mum & Dad). Originally I had intended that this name would only be temporary and we would think up and witty and novel name. Na couldn’t be bothered, it would do. We now like it and it seems to suit us. :anicute:

I have had this screen name for a long time and it is the only one I use except when I tried to sell a KLR650 on ebay and I used phobos444.

deimos contains the initials of my first name and last name: d and m.

4 is my luckiest number. Not that it works very well because my luck generally sucks.

I have been an astronomy buff for many years and deimos and phobos are the only 2 martian moons that we know of.

I guess this is pretty anal. oh well :anicute:

I have had this screen name for a long time and it is the only one I use except when I tried to sell a KLR650 on ebay and I used phobos444.

deimos contains the initials of my first name and last name: d and m.

4 is my luckiest number. Not that it works very well because my luck generally sucks.

I have been an astronomy buff for many years and deimos and phobos are the only 2 martian moons that we know of.

I guess this is pretty anal. oh well :anicute:

I think its pretty cool. I recognized the name as a martian moon (as you mentioned) and I thought it was a cool title for a sci-fi novel.

Deimos444

And, coming soon...

Phobos444, the sequel.

:lol:

My name basically means the end of the end or the death of the end.

This comes from Alpha and Omega being the first and last letters in the Greek alphabet.

Some people have misinterpreted it to have religious significance

You mean aside from God being listed as the Alpha and the Omega in the bible?

Team AlphaOmega was originated from AO. Which is a member's initials, who started the screen name. Since MS and TS didn't show any neat names within a generator, and being a buff on Greek history, Alpha Omega seemed like a name to suit us. In NO way do we think we're "godlike", but sometimes I wished we'd change it because of some people misinterpreting it to think we're full of ourselves.

Years ago I was posting to a Usenet group regularly, and I was one of a large number of Jenny's there. It was common for people to address their replies to the wrong person because they didn't look closely enough at the signature lines.

There was only one other person who posted with anything "cat" related as a name, and I collected folkart cats, so as a personal identity, I started using "Folkcat".

It's stuck with me ever since. I painted an image of the mythical creature that I imagine "Folkcat" to be - it's a brightly-colored cat with wings - which has become a personal symbol of ultimate freedom. I mean, really - give a stubborn, independent-minded cat the wings to get anywhere they want - what's more free than that?

"Folkcat Art" became the name of my art studio, was the first name of my bead store (which used to be here in Wilton, NH) and is currently the name of my Folkcat Art Store @ Cafe Press.

"Gryphon" is my husband, Bill. Once upon a time, we were in the Society for Creative Anachronism, and he used a gryphon as his personal symbol.

Hence, "Folkcat & Gryphon"

but sometimes I wished we'd change it because of some people misinterpreting it to think we're full of ourselves.

:lol: don't let the misapprehensions of other people and their ignorance affect your views or behavior.

they generally only care about themselves. :lol:

my god, that sounds like a fortune cookie :lol:

but sometimes I wished we'd change it because of some people misinterpreting it to think we're full of ourselves.

:lol: don't let the misapprehensions of other people and their ignorance affect your views or behavior.

they generally only care about themselves. :lol:

my god, that sounds like a fortune cookie :lol:

We are from NY and moved to AL.

We were told, by some neighbors, when we first moved here that you are a yankee if you come to visit, but you are considered a D--- Yankee if you come south and don't leave. So, the name has stuck. We have lived here for 10 years now.

We are considering changing our name though. Thought we might be able to come up with something more original and/or humorous.

We are snow birds. What else can I say?

Snowbirds was taken, so we became Snow Birds.

The avatar fits and it is a single frame from an animated GIF of 3 penguins dancing with joy. Since there is only 2 of us, I edited out the 3rd bird. I don't remember where the GIF came from, it was a long time ago. I do this dance when I'm in Arizona and see that it snowed in Wyoming...or when I'm in Wyoming and see the temps in Arizona go over 100!

SnowBirdsani.gif

Well, it all started like this........I got married 9 years ago........thus my screen name.    I guess I could change it every couple of months or so, but to what?  Besides, I'd just have to change it back.  LOL :rolleyes:

That is hilarious. That is definitely my new favorite SN.

Mine: the TeamHawaii comes from a really great bunch of guys I hung out with in high school and part of college. We wore Hawaiian Shirts every friday to school and hang out together on the weekends. the 1981...apparently there is a Team of Geocachers somewhere in Hawaii that needed the name first and thus my birth year/first car year after it.

Edited by Teamhawaii1981

My story is pretty simple. I have been riding horses for 5 years, and now I have started kayaking within the past year. Both sports is a lot of fun. Know I just have to figure out how to attach the GPS to the saddle. That will cut out a lot of walking. Woods caches is the best. Although I will stop for any and all that show up on my GPS.

"Rockaria" is a great song by E.L.O. (Electric Light Orchestra), from their most excellent 1976 album "A New World Record." I think it's a great word, which I'm pretty sure band member Jeff Lynne just made up - I've never heard it in anywhere else except for that song. It's pronounced rock-AH-rhea, not rocka-RI-a by the way. Just my little tribute to a great band and a great song.