What Are Your Feelings Towards Geocaching?

Camo-crazed

What I'm trying to ask is  overall how do you feel about the game?  I am not asking how happy or annoyed you are at some particular feature but the game as a whole.  please post as many emoticons as you deem necessary.

Me?  :D  :D  :D  :anibad:  B)  :D  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  :D  :laughing:

I think I'm right there with ya'!

(The fact that I found two caches near our new offices at lunch today helps with the B) factor!)

Being a geek, and adventurous, I am coming into this craze with excitement

I have been mapping out some potential vacachens into some wilderness type areas with the intent of finding new areas to explore, and caches.

I have noticed a lot of hides in Utah by DeViDe that seem to be in really cool areas. This has the makings for a fun summer of travelling and exploring.

I think it's one of the greatest games ever invented. It came at a time when people were spending to much time on the computer or watching TV. This game/sport/hobby has brought a lot of familes back together. It has gotten out of shape people out and moving.

It has even inspired someone to start making hiking staffs and even a magazine! :laughing:

El Diablo

I refuse to measure anything in emoticons, but I'm coming up on my one year's caching anniversary as excited as I was on day 1. My goals are different now, though. I want to spend long days on the trail and come home wondering if maybe I overdid it a little...and I don't care if that adds up to no smilies, or five.

Okay, I'd like to get one smiley out of it :laughing:

I enjoy the heck out of it... but it also plays hell on the body. Walker Valley cache I did today was a killer hike uphill. I spent two months on a bum foot. First really strenuous hike since I got rid of the immobilizing boot. Yah.. I hurt it out cacheing. Glad to be back on the trails again.. it is that good hurt dog tired that works for me.

so Yes.. I enjoy this game very very much.

I like it and am liking it more daily. I just hid my first cache today and am waiting with bated breath for it to be approved. 8-12" of snow is due tonight, hehehe.

I have to admit that it is going to be tough competition with my other three major hobbies: snowboarding, chess, and motorcycling. I guess I could combine it with motorcycling...

Edited by Smaug1

Geocaching has made me a happier person.

I enjoy the sense of accomplishment of finding a well hidden cache, or solving a super hard puzzle to get coordinates.

I like the mental stimulation of having to search for caches.

I enjoy the neat trails, scenic views, and great parks that geocaching has brought me to.

I enjoy the fun I have with my daughter, and my wife when we cache together.

I enjoy meeting new cachers at events, or in the field.

I'm thankful for Jeremy and his hard working staff for making such an awesome hobby/sport/game/addiction as good as it is.

I'll be a premium member for as long as I can geocache.

As with most things in life,there are things I like and things I don't. Overall, there are more things I like than things I don't, otherwise I wouldn't still be interested in doing it three and a half years after finding my first one. As it appears to be a continually changing and evolving activity, I wonder if I will still be interested three and a half years from now?

I have to admit that it is going to be tough competition with my other three major hobbies: snowboarding, chess, and motorcycling. I guess I could combine it with motorcycling...

Might be a way to make a cool puzzle cache using chess rules or strategy. Wish I knew more about chess to offer a suggestion but I don't (other than the suggestion to use the rules/strategy if possible) :laughing:

:D:huh:

It's like golf. Some shots anger you to the point of breaking clubs. But, when you hit a 280 yard drive or chip one into the hole from 50 yards you have to come back and try it all over again. :ph34r::D

Caching... DNFs and missing caches anger you to the point of quiting, but the hard finds bring you back tomorrow. I LOVE IT (golf and Geocaching).

:DB)B):D:lol::lol::huh::huh::D:D:huh::huh::D

My feelings toward the blizzard we're having here today, which is preventing me from geocaching:  :lol:  :lol:  :huh:  :huh:  :huh:  :ph34r:

Me too. My new digital camera arrived yesterday (unexpectedly; not supposed to until Monday). I would so have appreciated if this had held off a little.

There are only so many pictures a weasel can take of her thumbs...

I have to admit that it is going to be tough competition with my other three major hobbies: snowboarding, chess, and motorcycling.  I guess I could combine it with motorcycling...

When we picked up the new Harley, we we saw fun coming into our lives. We love to ride. We also love to cache. We hate gas prices. Riding the bike to cache sure saves us money! It's a wonderful way to spend the day. As for snowboarding, check to see if there are any caches near where you go. We spent a weekend at a ski resort and there are 2 caches on the resort grounds. Yes, we found both of them. Now for chess.....you can always figure out some caches with a chess theme. Use your imagination.

Terri

Huummmm.....when I worked for the Forest Service I used UTM grids and bad descriptions to find a wooden stake someone drove into the ground ten years earlier. We got excited when we found one!!!!

When I worked for the Nat'l Park Service I used UTM grids and bad directions to find a milk-carton sized box full of dead bugs. I got excited when I found one!

Just IMAGINE how excited I get when I can use a GPSr and I find an ammo can full of dry swag! :huh::huh::huh::huh::lol::ph34r::lol::huh:

Not to mention this has given my 80yo dad a new interest and a good way for us to spend time together. It has gotten me up off the couch and away from the TV, and I've met some cool people!

A game that combines orienteering, hide and seek and D&D that you can legitimately play as an adult..........What's not to like? Oh, the forums - well sometimes they are good for a laugh.