Sad News

Cornerstone4

I received an email today letting me know that one of our local San Diego cachers has had a very serious accident. He is not expected to survive the night.

He was on his motorcycle, and an SUV pulled out in front of him, and he was hit.

I am posting this here, since some of you may have known of him online. He participated in the CoinQuest challenge and received a coin, and also has a smashed penny that is trackable on Marky's site I believe.

His Geo-Nick is Bikedog.

Our thoughts and prayers are with him and his family in their time of need.

Jerry will alway's be in our minds and hearts.....

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Last modified Thursday, January 12, 2006 11:29 PM PST

Escondido man killed in crash

By: Associated Press

RANCHO SANTA FE ---- A 44-year-old Escondido man was killed Thursday when he crashed his motorcycle into a sport utility vehicle that turned in front of him, a California Highway Patrol officer said.

The crash happened at 8:35 a.m. on Lago Lindo, CHP Officer Tom Kerns said.

Jerry Gradisher was driving his 2003 Suzuki 400 motorcycle eastbound on Lago Lindo at an unknown speed, Kerns said.

Another motorist, Kelsey Shaner, 27, of San Diego was driving extremely slowly in his 2003 Nissan Xterra going west on Lago Lindo because he was looking for an address, Kerns said.

Shaner turned left in front of Gradisher, who was was unable to avoid the collision, Kerns said. Gradisher was thrown from his motorcycle and suffered severe injuries, he said.

Gradisher was taken by Mercy Air ambulance to Scripps Memorial Hospital, La Jolla where he later died of his injuries. He is survived by his wife, Nancy Gradisher, a medical examiner's investigator said.

Unfortunatley, Jerry did not survive the night.

The article listed him being survived by his wife, but he also left behind a 13 year old daughter that loved her daddy very much.

I am sure the family appreciated all of you thoughts and prayers.

Keep your eyes on the E place next week. I am expecting a package from Coins and Pins with one of the sample coins that I was asked to auction for a charity of my choosing. I just found it.

Dave