Cito Coin ?

gridlox

I think this is worthy of it's own thread...

The idea was brought up in another thread of a CITO coin and a couple of ideas was thrown about.

EDIT: IN MY EXCITEMENT TO SHARE THE DESIGN OF THE COIN, I TOTALLY FORGOT TO GIVE CREDIT WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!! ATLANTA GAL WAS THE ONE WITH THE CONCEPT FOR THIS COIN AND THIS WAS JUST MY INTERPETATION OF HER CONCEPT.

SORRY AG!! :laughing:

This the design I created for it.

2006_CITO_Coin.jpg

While I definately don't have the financial means to see something like this through, I'd love to see it produced. (As would others! ;) )

Since CITO & Signal are trademarks of Groundspeak, we'd like to see them available through the Groundspeak Store.

So this is an official request to Groundspeak to produce them.

So, let our voices be heard! :lol:

D-man ;)

Edited by gridlox

I also alerted Eartha to the other posting with a request that she forward the link to someone in the know who might take on the project and have the approval.

Aside from some adjustments for the mint and changing the backside copy to include gc.com tracking info, I think this design is perfect. I'd definitely like to own some of these coins.

Very cool idea. I suggest to make it trackable with a cito icon and it would be nice to make them buyable only for cacher, who have a cito log from a cito event. I think, this would help to increase more cito events which are very helpful for nature.

best regards Marc

I don't care either way, trackable or not, I would want some. Would buy more if cheaper priced (ie:non-trackable?) Maybe only purchased through CITO events? Post a CITO event and you can buy a certain # of coins to be sold at the event. Sort of an "award" coin for attendance. Just a thought.....

Edited by tdecell
I don't care either way, trackable or not, I would want some. Would buy more if cheaper priced (ie:non-trackable?) Maybe only purchased through CITO events? Post a CITO event and you can buy a certain # of coins to be sold at the event. Sort of an "award" coin for attendance. Just a thought.....

That's exactly what CCGC did with LE version of their CITO geocoin.

--Marky

I'd take a couple. :)

And I'd be surprised if anyone were allowed to do it on their own, I'd imagine you might very well see something like this as we get closer to April. It'd take a pretty big stretch of luck to be able to use Signal for your own coin, but I guess anything is possible!

:)  :D  :D  :D  :D  B)  :)

So is this suppose to mean something good ??

I didn't want to jump the gun but I have been emailing back and forth with Rothstafari this afternoon.

As you can see above, the coin (or a variation of it) is in the design stage as we speak!!! :D:):D

I personally have no further say so in the future of the design or production, but they were pleased enough with my concept to run with it!!

Thank You Groundspeak!! :D

D-man B)