Uk Geocoin

If I might make a suggestion, regarding getting ordering info out to the interested parties...

The Alaska coin is being minted pretty much right now. As here, when they first posted a thread in the Northwest Forum, there was a huge response.

When they announced that the coins were ordered, they posted a new thread to that effect. They also put two new pages on their Website. One has a list of everyone who expressed an interest, with what they asked for, and the total price that they owe, assuming that they still want the same quantity. There is a provision to change your order before you pay. The list of interested parties is alphabetical, but I would wager that it was set up on a first to post basis.

The other webpage is a prototype of the coin image.

So, my suggestion is:

1) Set up a list page, similar to the Alska coin page.

2) Put the names in the list in the order that they posted on the thread that announced the UK coin.

I hope this would be seen as the most fair way to get the coins to the folks that expressed an interest the earliest. And for those who read this, I have no clue how early I was in this.

The design can be seen on the manky website at GeoCoins.co.uk (soon to be redeveloped).

In the meantime here is a piccy of the proof coin (the things I do for you guys!)

geocoin_proof.jpg

I'd be up for trading once they're available (so I'm tracking this topic).

If anyone is interested in collecting another Geocoin (From New York), here's a link to the topic:

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=96533&hl=

Or here's the "Interest List":

http://silvermarc.com/geocoin/

--Marc

April 26, 2005 @ 8:22 AM

N40° 46.565' W073° 58.756'

Good idea. We hope to have an eCommerce package in place but I agree this would be the best way to ensure people get their coins in the order the asked for them.

If I can find time I will start this ASAP.

You might want to contact Ladybug Kids. They are the ones that drove the Alaska coin, and may have a template to help you set up.

No news is good news at the moment. Wait a minute and an Alibags will be along to give us the latest.

Si

Now?

I thought demand might be more than the supply. That's why I had suggested acutally getting orders before having the coin made. Once it's up for sale, you're going to have people coming out of the woodwork to buy it.

There was a temporary hiatus in communications with the coin supplier, but it is all back on course now. Sorry for the delay everybody, but this thread was started before we had anything concrete to tell, not to our own timescale. I have high hopes of having figures being available early next week. I have kept all the emails from all the people who were interested in coins (thanks for sending those), and will send out a mass mailing to those who expressed an interest and also put the information up here.

We will allow people to pre-order coins and will order extra on top of that, so everybody who has already said they would like them will be able to get the number they hoped for. After that, it will be a case of as long as stocks last.

I hope this clears things up?

Are the UK cachers gonna take priority or will it be in order of interest expressed ?

The plan is to get as many made as will cover the demand plus some extras. Because we are doing it this way it means that there will be enough to go round, but it also does mean that we have this rather frustrating wait.

The interest from overseas is very gratifying and they will get coins too, but it will not impinge upon the supply to the UK.

Thanks everybody for your continuing patience and interest.

I'd like at least one but would be interested in up to 5 depending on final US price.

Will they be shipped to the US or will there be a US Distributor. For the South America Geocoins Sissy-n-CR stepped up and handled the distribution in the US. This made it cheaper because they coins were sent there directly rather than to SA and then back to the US.