Rate My Cachemobile

On this, the Fifth of May, (Cinco de Mayo) I found myself to be completely bored and to have access to the forums. And so I thought up a new topic that hopefully hasn't been discussed before (I couldn't find anything on my search.)

Anyway, as you can probably tell from the topic, I want you all to see my new cachemobile, but I'd also like to see other's vehicles and see how cool they are.

So, I'll start this off, and feel free to rate it, and then post your own vehicle, and be sure to include all the juicy details..

So anyway, here's the brand new TeamK-9 cachemobile. It's a 1996, two-door, four wheel drive, Jeep Cherokee. It's basically stock right now, except for the brush guard with fog lights mounted on it on the front, and an upgrade to the stereo system that the previous owner made. (They put in a CD player, I don't think they even had car CD players in 1996...

152117_2900.jpg

Rate the cars on a 1-10 scale, 10 being the coolest.

Congrats! When I was your age I was driving a P.O.S. Ford Fiesta :ph34r:

I'm not driving yet, just "cruising," and looking for all kinds of fun stuff to put on this thing.

I'm going to order some GC.com stickers for it, and look for some cool Jeep stickers too. Anyone else have cachemobiles they wanna share?

Hee-hee-hee! You are excited about your vehicle, that's obvious. Well, so you should be. Just enjoy he heck out of it. I well remember the first decent vehicle I ever had. It was a Triumph GT6 sports car. It came to an untimely end when I flew it off a 100 foot cliff. It landed upside down in a very large tree, just as well for me too! I got dumped out of the hatchback door and had to scramble out of the way as my beloved car slid down to land right were I had been just a moment earlier.

I loved that car like no other I have had, before or since..... <stifled sob>Oh well!</stifled sob>

It was one of these but in canary yellow.....gt6.jpg

Edited by bug&snake

Looking good K-9. I'd give it an 8. The brush guard needs balanced by a real rack on top or something. That rig will stand out in streets of The Burgh.

Ours is also red. But less adept at off road adventures. It's an 8 for us but looks like a six.

Here it is doing an impression of a 4WD & lifted Jeep. There is a pop-up camper attached to the hitch out of frame.

1cb03daf-f82e-4723-99b0-d862e11c8ea6.jpg

So anyway, here's the brand new TeamK-9 cachemobile. It's a 1996, two-door, four wheel drive, Jeep Cherokee. It's basically stock right now...

Congrats! Nice ride! Now... :ph34r: let's see; throw in a small-block 350, NO2 system, 7" suspension lift, 34" boggers, Roots blower, 8000lb Borg-Warner winch.... that should do it. As for me... well... '02 Mazda B4000. Nothing fancy, not even 4WD, but it does the trick. On the scale, I give myself a 6.

Team Sagefox van in desert caching mode. Our cache name and logo are based on the license plate of this vehicle which was inspired by our frequent visits to the California deserts.

255eb9f5-ba60-402d-b776-1bae51e95722.jpg

Minor modification: Replaced the 84 hp VW engine with a peppy 130 hp Subaru Legacy 2.2 liter improvement.

Edited by Team Sagefox

e2a60dd6-202e-4aa5-a9a3-905694a344c5.jpg

315b0af2-de2c-4512-a79e-d9ba25434aff.jpg

1995 Hyundai Accent. My cache car. Me on the far left. 40 MPG on the freeway doing 75 MPH. I give this valiant steed 8 Stars. (two stars subtracted for off-road abilitites.)

5 guys = 1127 Lbs. 5 four day backpacks = 245 Lbs. A car with a load capapcitiy of 750 pounds ='s a 50 MPH top speed and a whole of fun!

Edited by Micqn
Congrats!  When I was your age I was driving a P.O.S. Ford Fiesta  :ph34r:

My first car was a 1971 Toyota Landcruiser FJ40

Got you beat there. . . My first car was a 1960 Toyota LandCruiser. (The model designator was FJ-25 as opposed to the ubiquitous FJ40 even though they looked the same.) It was the second year that they were imported into the US. It had a Chevy 235 straight-six that was reworked to metrics and the Chevy 4-speed tranny with a granny gear first. There was no high-low range. I had a PTO winch on the front and found in the few years I owned it that it could go places I didn't want to be in.

Move forward a few years and I had another LandCruiser, this time a wagon with a Chevy 350 transplanted into it. With 4.11 gears front and back and high-low range it was a serious off road machine and the high altitudes of Colorado didn't bother it. With my family on board I towed a camping trailer over Monarch Pass (just over 14,000 feet elevation) without downshifting from high gear. Alas, when I moved to Texas I didn't need 4WD nearly as much as air-conditioning so I sold it and moved into a sedan.

My current ride is a 2000 Honda Accord. I find it goes most places I want to go.

This is our official cachemobile.... It will get us nearly anywhere and everywhere, and at least close enough to hike!

toyota.jpg

This is what happens when you have a little too much fun....

toyota2.jpg

I asked my hubby if we could paint the geocaching logo on the back. He said YES, so whooohooooo, we will have the "Official" official cachemobile. The great thing is, nobody will know what that logo is, unless they themselves are a cacher. I will post pics when we get it done. :ph34r:

My first was a 1965 Ford Mustang. Pony interior, factory air, long dash, wood grain steering wheel, and flipper hubcaps. You betcha I love that car...

And I've still got it, since my Dad has great garage space and keeps his toy there, too -- a 1940 Ford Coupe! Hope to take 'em for a spin this weekend.

mustang.jpg

This is our official cachemobile.... It will get us nearly anywhere and everywhere, and at least close enough to hike!

toyota.jpg

This is what happens when you have a little too much fun....

toyota2.jpg

I asked my hubby if we could paint the geocaching logo on the back. He said YES, so whooohooooo, we will have the "Official" official cachemobile. The great thing is, nobody will know what that logo is, unless they themselves are a cacher. I will post pics when we get it done. :ph34r:

In my area a lot of people drive semis with their wheels on the side. Must be some new trend or something. :o

My CURRENT ride is a "King Cab" 1994 Mazda B2300 pickup with an Aluminum cap - otherwise stock except for way too many radios (depending on day - as few as two, as many as 4 ham radios) - 329k miles - still runs well

I say current because the family has outgrown the truck (the 2 kids and I don't really fit in the front), so we're shopping for a new ride - Right now it's narrowed to a Nissan Long Bed Crew Cab Pathfinder, some sort of 7 seat SUV, or a Minivan - I don't want a mini van, but....

32bfc8d2-6b7e-48ca-b406-23da273ff0bf.jpg

b0084605-a9df-4360-b8c9-59600b1a6881.jpg

2003 Jeep Liberty Limited. This little bugger goes places my '98 Explorer couldn't even imagine. I had no idea they were as capable as they are until I started researching. But just last week I installed tow hooks both fore and aft due to me getting too stupid and getting stuck out in the boonies a couple months ago. Had to get hauled out of the muck by a local farmer's big-arse tractor (after a local boy's 4x4 F150 failed miserably). But even his huge tractor had issues getting traction, so then I didn't feel so bad. It all would have been much easier to deal with had I had a proper place to attach tow ropes.

Well, this WAS my cachemobile until this photo was taken last week.

LexusVsExplorerA.jpg

Guess the Lexus LX470 that hit me didn't like the GEO sticker on the left side of my bumper...

(still waiting on a settlement, my bike is my cachemobile until then)

edit: making my former English teachers proud -- what is "my left bumper", anyway?

Edited by BuckyDef

Team K-9 nice jeep. You'll like it. I got my wrangler in March and I can say that it's the best vehicle I've owned. Of course I made upgrades, new stero system, cold air intake, upgraded the spare tire to get rid of the donut, put a tire cover on. I'm still working on an exhaust system. After that I want to give it a lift and run some bigger tires.

This is my usual cachemobile, there's another pic of it on the Jeep sweepstakes thread where it's actually clean for a change...

49063*.jpg

But sometimes I use the alternate/stealth cachemobile, a Dinan-tuned '97 BMW M3. It looks pretty generic but there's a reason it beat Corvettes, Porsches, Ferraris and well, everyone else as Car & Driver's "Best sports car at any price" that year! It's unbelievably fun to drive, assuming that you're the kind of person who enjoys driving of course.

M3Hillr.jpg

But sometimes I use the alternate/stealth cachemobile, a Dinan-tuned '97 BMW M3. It looks pretty generic but there's a reason it beat Corvettes, Porsches, Ferraris and well, everyone else as Car & Driver's "Best sports car at any price" that year! It's unbelievably fun to drive, assuming that you're the kind of person who enjoys driving of course.

Now look what you went and made me do. Had to run out a take a picture of the Geo-Porsche. Not as fast as the M3 but every bit as fun to drive. :P

1d6f7323-b673-473f-9eb2-9850a5006746.jpg

Edited by JMBella
Now look what you went and made me do. Had to run out a take a picture of the Geo-Porsche. Not as fast as the M3 but every bit as fun to drive. :P

I don't doubt that one bit!

My best friend has a Lambo, the lucky (blankety-blank). At some point I'd like to go find a cache in it, just so I could say I'd been geocaching in a Lamborghini, LOL. It's make an unusual picture for a cache gallery though...

It's still sitting on wimpy stock sized tires, I'll give it a 7. Toss some lift and some bigger tires under that puppy, add on a winch, mounted to a good bumper, and it'll jump up to the 9 range pretty quickly.

As for my cache vehicle, well, after I win the Jeep contest, I'll post a pic for ya :)

canteenXterra.jpg

Here is a stock pic of my new 2004 Nissan Xterra SE. I upgraded from a VW Beetle to this. My beetle didn't like the mud, dirt, sand, only the streets, so I let it go. This is my new toy for geocaching. Already tested on a class 6 road with rocks and deep mud, ran great, though needs brush guard, and extra lights. :lol:

My 2000 Maxima was taking a beating on a few "off road" caches I have done and I need it to get to work so I recently bought a 1990 Ford Bronco for a little weekend off road fun and hauling stuff around for home improvement.

bronco_hill.jpg

It's a little beat up but it runs well. If it was too pretty I would have to worry about scratching it. :lol: The best part is the top comes off on the weekends. :bad:

1987 brown Jeep Cherokee 4x4 4 door, 258 6cyl, 196,000 miles, rear rust holes, custom smashed in drivers door, leaking rear axle seal, leaking oil pan, leaking transmission line, leaky muffler, bad front wheel bearings....but hey, its got tinted windows and a cd player... :lol: And its a jeep...no wonder I can still drive it, hehehe.

Tony..... :D