GeoTags V1 - Personal Geocoins, Goal:

AtwellFamily

I've got a first cut of artwork ready (for 25):

geotag_design.jpg

but would it be better with the colour white or just recessed, while black is raised? If so I'd change the top left and bottow right part-squares to orange.

Black all raised, white reccessed except for the sheild make that white around the lion. 4 colors, read, white, blue and green.

I've got a first cut of artwork ready (for 25):

SNIP

but would it be better with the colour white or just recessed, while black is raised? If so I'd change the top left and bottow right part-squares to orange.

Black all raised, white reccessed except for the sheild make that white around the lion. 4 colors, read, white, blue and green.

Ohhhh....you are so busted....that is not working! ;) Get to work!

lol ;):laughing:<_<

I have some artwork to refine and then my order is in! :laughing:

Quick question, hope it hasn't been asked and answered previously. I am planning on getting 25 personal coins and 25 coins for an event we are sponsoring. Can I get the price for 50 or do I have to pay for two sets of 25 at the $100 price? Not a big deal but was just wondering. Hope to have my artwork done by the end of the weekend and submitted. I love this project, it is a very affordable way to get coins that are trackable w/icon. I've been looking for just such a project for a long time. Thanks for doing this Atwell's!

Put my art in the new template and changed it a little..

Is it possible to do it like this?

Smort78_Geotag.jpg

I think the white part woudl look good as white having a foot prints in the snow look

Is it possible to make the coin with 2 "color choices" in the same order? Some with the white in the drawing is recessed metal-no color and some with recessed metal-white color?

Quick question, hope it hasn't been asked and answered previously. I am planning on getting 25 personal coins and 25 coins for an event we are sponsoring. Can I get the price for 50 or do I have to pay for two sets of 25 at the $100 price? Not a big deal but was just wondering. Hope to have my artwork done by the end of the weekend and submitted. I love this project, it is a very affordable way to get coins that are trackable w/icon. I've been looking for just such a project for a long time. Thanks for doing this Atwell's!

I think that you'd have to get two of the 25 coin $100 packages because the mint will have to create two dies and most of the entry cost is die creation.

I have a few ideas and don't know what to do. I need some help picking some stuff if someone can help me please.

tag1

tag2I don't know if I can do the smurf on this one.

tag3

smurfs on 1 and 3 are the same. lettering on all 3 are different. Words I added to 2 and 3 don't know if I should do. Thanks to any help.

I like #3 the best.....the girls do too I had them vote.

Well actually 2 voted for 3 and 1 voted for 1.

I have a few ideas and don't know what to do. I need some help picking some stuff if someone can help me please.

tag1

tag3

smurfs on 1 and 3 are the same. lettering on all 3 are different. Words I added to 2 and 3 don't know if I should do. Thanks to any help.

Well, I don't know for sure, but I'd guess that Groundspeak would not approve of a geocoin design that had a character threatening gun violence. So that kinda rules out #2.

I think #3 would be the best. If you want the characters to be in an arc around the edge of the coin, let me know what font you used and where to get the truetype file for it and I'll make a quick arc-text for you. I have had to learn how to do this with TheGIMP recently!

By the Way.... This is what the artwork needs to have. Something that shows recessed and raised areas and the colors. The color numbers from any program would help. Just specify what type of numbers they are.

You can get an idea of PMS colors from this Chart. These are not exact but will put it in the ballpark if you are not sure.

Thanks,

Mike

geosmurfz-geotag.jpg

I think I'll change my order to 50...

Groundspeak doesn't think that this is undercutting TBs?

Changing that back to 25. Design coming shortly.

I'm not sure why it would, GS is making money off these, there are a whole lot of people that still like bugs over coins, so I think it's all good.

Good point. We still buy the tracking #s and icon.

By the Way.... This is what the artwork needs to have. Something that shows recessed and raised areas and the colors. The color numbers from any program would help. Just specify what type of numbers they are.

You can get an idea of PMS colors from this Chart. These are not exact but will put it in the ballpark if you are not sure.

Thanks,

Mike

geosmurfz-geotag.jpg

I have the color chart and colors picked out. I was just not sure about what smurf to use and style of letters to use. I am not sure how to do the whole raised and recessed part of a coin. Maybe I will see how much Jamie charges and ask about getting it done there.

tag1

tag3

Well, I don't know for sure, but I'd guess that Groundspeak would not approve of a geocoin design that had a character threatening gun violence. So that kinda rules out #2.

I think #3 would be the best. If you want the characters to be in an arc around the edge of the coin, let me know what font you used and where to get the truetype file for it and I'll make a quick arc-text for you. I have had to learn how to do this with TheGIMP recently!

I missed this post. I will get ahold of you.

The first 25 coins of each design are $100.

I need to inform everyone of a situation that has come up with the mint. There was miscommunication in an email regarding pricing. At one point in the beginning I referred to this was trolley tags even though the size was not the same. They quoted a price for the mold per side. The person I was corresponding with had the smaller trolley tags on her mind when she quoted the a different number to me in a second email.

Right now I am trying to work with them to come to an agreement on the mold price. I am trying to figure out a way to not pay on any increase but I am not sure that will be possible based on the fact the pricing was direct to mint, no margin or very little room. $15 doesn't sound like much but at 65 designs it is $1000 dollars.

I wanted to let everyone know there may need to be a change in the pricing in case it effects anyone's decision to go ahead wit the project. I realize people are paying to get artwork done and don't want them to continue if $15-$25 will make then decide to stop.

If I can't get them to absorb the entire mistake which I am trying to do, but also realize that is a lot to give up., then the additional cost will be on the first 25 tag. So the new price could be as high as $125 for the first 25. The price for additional tag would not change.

I am not sure I will hear back before Monday since it is now the weekend in the other half the world. I will keep you informed of any additional information as it become available.

Thanks

Mike

Edited by Atwell Family

:P Well, in THAT case, I'm going to have to....... keep my order in and await invoicing! B)

Don't worry about it, I'll allow for a few mistakes since you are taking on such a huge task. Just don't let it happen again or I'll have to add one of these----> :P to my next post. Trust me, you don't want to have to deal with the ninja smiley. He's ruthless. B)

I too am still in on the project even with the slightly higher pricing, it is much cheaper than I could do on my own and this is not something you have control over. At least you are keeping us informed so we know what's up. I'm working feverishly to get a design in over the weekend with my limited design skills and my even more limited graphics software skills.

I missed out on the fact that you could have another color for the extra cost. We had redone our design with 1 less color and really don't like it as much. Can I resubmist my design with 1 more color?

I already filled out and submitted the order form....

Thanks!!

Just send on email staing new artwork. mike@atwellfamily.net

I'll try to anser all the question that weere posted today. I will start with Price. I was able to work out what I believe is a reasonable agreement on the price. The cost will only increase to $115 on the first 25. There will be no increase on the rest of the order since the issue was with mold charges.

Is the hole in the coin part of the mold?
Yes. I don't want to get into alot of custom work that you would normally get this a coin. Sorry

I understand that the first 25 have to be trackable is the option still available for untrackable tags? if so it how much of a savings would there be?
Yes you can get non-trackable and they can be upto 20% of your order after the first 25. The cost is $1.50 less per geotag for the non-trackables.

Looks like that covers it all except for Fluttershy's design. Can I get one with a black bunny, i had one growing up? Just joking no mixing colors in the same design. Very nice work.

...edited for Website being updated tonight to relect new pricing and some of these questions....

Edited by Atwell Family

The reason this is So appealing is that it IS personal and is also a coin and TB and hopefully with it being personal, It won't end up in someones collection! :D

I agree, fairyhoney, but at the same time we all know that realistically they will end up in someones collection, with the big difference being that you are only out a few dollars not 9-20 like for a coin.

And with that being said, we would be interested in 25 or so, depending on cost.