GeoTags V1 - Personal Geocoins, Goal:

AtwellFamily

The reason this is So appealing is that it IS personal and is also a coin and TB and hopefully with it being personal, It won't end up in someones collection! :laughing:

Why do you think that these won't end up in a collection? One of the main reasons that coins end up in collections is because they ARE personal.

Really, I'm not trying to be difficult here, but I don't understand the thought-process here.

Do I need to? No.

But do we reach greater understanding by trying to understand others POV? Yes.

Atwell - not trying to derail your thread. Just trying to understand.

To those who are interested in the project - go for it.

For those who can explain how it's different than micro coins, and why you think they won't disappear just as quickly - please help me understand.

This a great idea and a great way for cachers to get a personal coin. If possable I would like to be on the list.

Exactly, just trying to give a better price point for some people to enter the personalized geocoin market.

How many would you like Kimba?

p.s. Just to mention, I have gotten a few new faces in this project already, not the normal coin buyers. All are welcome though, come one, come all! :laughing:

The reason this is So appealing is that it IS personal and is also a coin and TB and hopefully with it being personal, It won't end up in someones collection! :ph34r:

Why do you think that these won't end up in a collection? One of the main reasons that coins end up in collections is because they ARE personal.

Really, I'm not trying to be difficult here, but I don't understand the thought-process here.

Do I need to? No.

But do we reach greater understanding by trying to understand others POV? Yes.

Atwell - not trying to derail your thread. Just trying to understand.

To those who are interested in the project - go for it.

For those who can explain how it's different than micro coins, and why you think they won't disappear just as quickly - please help me understand.

:ph34r: Schmeigel,

It's the new TRI-BRID. 1/3 micro, 1/3 travel tag, 1/3 regular coin....something like that.

It's a coin with a hole in it, just going by a different name and I know, you know that :laughing:

Now for some really juicy information, I hope your sweetie doesn't mind, but I saw your pic in your Death March coin thread; someone remarked about your "nice" legs. I decided I'm going to use them for the front side of my coin. I'm not sure how good they will look in 2D though and I sure hope people are willing to trade with me. ;)

I'm certainly not understanding why anybody needs to 'explain' this coin. It's a project where one can get a coin with your geonick on for $2.50-$3.00 which is half of what it will be if I try to do it myself. I can get 25 if I want and it has a unique icon (1/10 of what I would have to do if I did it myself). I realize this is similar to some of the other 'projects' but it is different enough that I want in. If you don't like it, don't get involved but at the same time, don't try to sabotage the project. I think the old phrase, if you can't something good then don't say anything at all might apply here.

IMO, I think this is a good way for cachers who can't afford their own full run of geocoins to obtain their own personal geocoin (yes, I said geocoin, because that's basically what it is) without breaking the bank. But as for traveling, I can see them going the way of Pathtags, where everyone trades them with each other and they never see the inside of a cache.

But have fun with them everyone! When you tear open the package/box and see all of your coins, you'll have a very big smile on your face!

Now for some really juicy information, I hope your sweetie doesn't mind, but I saw your pic in your Death March coin thread; someone remarked about your "nice" legs. I decided I'm going to use them for the front side of my coin. I'm not sure how good they will look in 2D though and I sure hope people are willing to trade with me. :ph34r:

Go for it - but those aren't my legs; I was the photographer :ph34r:

I'm certainly not understanding why anybody needs to 'explain' this coin. It's a project where one can get a coin with your geonick on for $2.50-$3.00 which is half of what it will be if I try to do it myself. I can get 25 if I want and it has a unique icon (1/10 of what I would have to do if I did it myself). I realize this is similar to some of the other 'projects' but it is different enough that I want in. If you don't like it, don't get involved but at the same time, don't try to sabotage the project. I think the old phrase, if you can't something good then don't say anything at all might apply here.

Nobody NEEDS to explain anything - it was a simple request. Nobody is trying to sabotage anything. Why ar eyou so afraid of an open conversation? Does every thread really just have to be limited to "I love it", "how cute", or "I'm in"?

I could have gone on and on and said something nasty, but instead I tried to understand. Can you ever forgive me? :blink:

Anyway, since I'm not involved, I'll bow out of this thread to let Atwell Family keep it on topic. At least he acknowledges that people are entitled to their opinions.

Now for some really juicy information, I hope your sweetie doesn't mind, but I saw your pic in your Death March coin thread; someone remarked about your "nice" legs. I decided I'm going to use them for the front side of my coin. I'm not sure how good they will look in 2D though and I sure hope people are willing to trade with me. :ph34r:

Go for it - but those aren't my legs; I was the photographer :blink:

Oh no! Now I'll have to come up with a new design. It was tough trying to get in all the leg hair :ph34r:

Updated list.

Tsunrisebey

Droo

Castle Man

hobbycachegirl

wsgaskins

GeoSmurfz

aa8bj

Rubinconwb

Smort78

stellarscapes

Go JayBee

Aiden's Cachers

Atwell Family (CITO)

coreynjoey

Cap'n YB

GPX Navigators

Crowesfeat30

Tokencollector

Oldnavy59

delta123

Red Otter

creacher

fairyhoney

GPX Navigators

O-Mega

501_Gang

WI_Robin

Princess Lisa

scaw

scobey

kimba off track

Jay Mills?

general_tupperware

I have everyone down for the minimal amount if you indicated 25-50. I understand the numbers might change when you get final pricing. I have an email pretty much complete with details but want to get a few questions answered from the mint and firm up the pricing.

Things look good and we are already to the 1000 mark so these will have their own prefix.

Thanks again for joining in the fun.

IF the price can come down, I also want Speeding Element added to the list for 25. He loves geocoins, but I help supplement his inventory since he can't!! :D He doesn't have time to read the forums so, hopefully this will be a very nice surprise for him. And our own coin would also be nice instead of having to mix to 2 names onto 1 coin!

Edited by fairyhoney

Cool idea - what is the final price? I'd love to have 25 especially if you are doing a gold colour.

ps I think if you can squeeze it on it is far better to make the website exact

www.geocaching.com/track would be the ideal as it takes the finder to a more specific page.

Edited by forthferalz

That looks good there GeoSmurfs!

Is there possibly a blank template for the coin somewhere that we could download and use in the design process?

I think smurfz got it from another wedsite. I'll include one in the email I sent this week. By the way, think outside the box. The cutout does not need to be top center like the back. Just look at my example, off center to fit design.

I would have to talk it over with my family but I might like 1 with 25 of them made. If we do get 1000 and they are a $1.50 a pop, 25 would only be about 38 plus shipping.

Don't know where the $1.50 came from but I can assure you the 25 will cost more than $38 dollars. These are relitivly inexpensive but not that cheap. They are still die sturck not any other means that could bring the price that low.

In any case I have been talking with mint tonight and hope to have an email out tomorrow tomorrow.

I will not stop at a specific number but a specific date for artwork. Which will be outlined in email.

Icon:tag-ico.JPG

You just need to be careful to avoid confusion with the already existing

http://www.travelertags.com

Also, I am very interested in seeing how you can get to the price point that you indicated originally, given that we don't have any 'advertising' on the coin like the Geo Top 40 series had (designer/artist on the back, coin minter in 2 places on the front). I don't know where the convention started, but it seems that discussions of price/cost are supposed to be held outside of the forums, so I'll be looking for this info in a personal email.

-- wsgaskins

I'm interested and already have some art I've been working on for another tag but may go this direction if the price were right. I really couldn't commit however without a better price breakdown. Cash is limited for caching right now so I need to be fairly sure of what I'd be in for. That said I'd be somewhere in the 50-100 coins order range.

d7e0b479-4717-44f7-8a40-3f85d0288ae6.jpg

Edited by ZSandmann

Crowesfeat30 just remember that there will be a small hole cutout on the coin.

Yes, I know. It should fit right in the spot where it is, I just have no idea how to make ithe hole show. Or how to "expand the red ring to the out side edge. I think that the crow is about the right size and location but I don't know how to modify the seperate "elements" of the design. Eg: the outer ring needs to be "expanded"; the inner background (tree, etc.) should stay about the same size; the crow, the same size also, "shifted" a little, if needed.

Sooooooo. If anyone (UOTrackers???) can modify my coin design to fit this coin design I have something extra special to offer for your services - an Antique Copper Crowesfeat30 coin! I don't have them in hand yet; they are being made as I speak. I'm hoping to have them in time for MOGA (Mar 23 -25) There is only 75 of them being made and I will NOT be selling them and only trading face-to-face (or something like this...). First design modification I really like will get the coin.

Thanks for the help! :D

CF30

Question for the group. My design was slightly different than the other tags available. With the hole being a bit futher into the tag. What would the group like to see, closer to the edge like ZSandmann or where I originally had it?

I can easily change the wording on the back. And am willing to make this change. I will make a decision based on feedback here before email with template is sent out.

tag.JPG

Question for the group. My design was slightly different than the other tags available. With the hole being a bit futher into the tag. What would the group like to see, closer to the edge like ZSandmann or where I originally had it?

I can easily change the wording on the back. And am willing to make this change. I will make a decision based on feedback here before email with template is sent out.

tag.JPG

Closer to the edge, unless you have a template for us to work off of, that is. I think most design ideas are using the template from the "other" site.

CF30

Icon:tag-ico.JPG

You just need to be careful to avoid confusion with the already existing

http://www.travelertags.com

Also, I am very interested in seeing how you can get to the price point that you indicated originally, given that we don't have any 'advertising' on the coin like the Geo Top 40 series had (designer/artist on the back, coin minter in 2 places on the front). I don't know where the convention started, but it seems that discussions of price/cost are supposed to be held outside of the forums, so I'll be looking for this info in a personal email.

-- wsgaskins

Guess I never know these were out there. Any other suggestion on the name, I don't want to step on toes. What about:

• Personalized Traveler
  • Personalized Tag
  • Toin (Tag and Coin)
  • Insect (ha, ha, ha...travel bug....ok not that funny)

Other ideas?

Edited by Atwell Family