GeoTags V1 - Personal Geocoins, Goal:

AtwellFamily

I enjoyed doing this designing, and the prospect of this a project. But my budget has taken a dive, I will no longer be participating in this project. Fortunately this project has made me realize that I have to figure out a way to use 'Tupperware' on coins, wihtout violating copyright. :rolleyes:

I don't mind not being in on this project, and it was a good learning experince.

GT

How about TUPP3RWARE...probably not, but I tried! ooh ooh or Tupperw@re? hmmm I'm sure there has to be a creative alternative to this dilemma, there almost always is!

I enjoyed doing this designing, and the prospect of this a project. But my budget has taken a dive, I will no longer be participating in this project. Fortunately this project has made me realize that I have to figure out a way to use 'Tupperware' on coins, wihtout violating copyright. :rolleyes:

I don't mind not being in on this project, and it was a good learning experince.

GT

How about TUPP3RWARE...probably not, but I tried! ooh ooh or Tupperw@re? hmmm I'm sure there has to be a creative alternative to this dilemma, there almost always is!

Or, how about TupperWear. You can claim that it has something to do with shirts from Tupper Lake in upstate NY :rolleyes:

Looks great, the only thing you may want to change is the font. Keep in mind the coin will only be 1.25", so small thin fonts wont do well.

Made the font a little bit bigger and made it bold. Now what do you think? Shrunk it down a little bit so it doesn't take up so much space. Also I moved things around and made a second one with bigger fonts.

Hawaiian_Ninja_GeoTag-Small.jpg

Hawaiian_Ninja_GeoTag2-Small.jpg

Edited by Hawaiian Ninja

Looks great, the only thing you may want to change is the font. Keep in mind the coin will only be 1.25", so small thin fonts wont do well.

Made the font a little bit bigger and made it bold. Now what do you think? Shrunk it down a little bit so it doesn't take up so much space. Also I moved things around and made a second one with bigger fonts.

I like the bottom one the best. :rolleyes:

I think that the second one will be easier to read. BTW which martial arts do you study? Forrest, my husband takes Tai and is a Master now!

GT

Good idea. Still not able to produce, but I'll use that in the future. :rolleyes:<_<<_<

I think that the second one will be easier to read. BTW which martial arts do you study? Forrest, my husband takes Tai and is a Master now!

I'm just a wanna be ninja. I did study aikido a long time ago. Would love to get back into something, but I lack the motivation. I'm still pretty good at sneaking up on caches though. :rolleyes:

Ok sorry if this is common knowledge, I have never been through this process before. Is production artwork done with both metals in mind so we get a better idea of what it will look like in both metals? Will we be able to view the production artwork and change the quanties of specific metals at that time if we desire? Not the overall order but the metals used. Some of this is confusing to me is all. Thanks

Peace

Ok sorry if this is common knowledge, I have never been through this process before. Is production artwork done with both metals in mind so we get a better idea of what it will look like in both metals? Will we be able to view the production artwork and change the quanties of specific metals at that time if we desire? Not the overall order but the metals used. Some of this is confusing to me is all. Thanks

Peace

You get to approve the artwork. Normally the artwork is done with light gray for recessed metal and dark gray for raised. They don't normally do proofs or all the pating choices (in this case 2).

edited for: The first 25 designs are sent off to the mint for production artwork. Should have back tis week.

Edited by Atwell Family

I really wanted to get in on this but I guess I'll have to pass because I can Not come up with any art work or any idea for that matter :D

If I remember right you used to have a nreat avatar of a girl in the woods at a crossroads? That would be cute, I also like the one someone else posted!

I really wanted to get in on this but I guess I'll have to pass because I can Not come up with any art work or any idea for that matter :D

Here's an idea I got, but since I don't know you, it might not like it. :cry:

fairyhoney.jpg

I really like this idea, Where do we go for the colors? Actually, found the color chart on page 7 just need to know how to play with her coloring?

Edited by fairyhoney

Put me in for 100.

Is this artwork too detailed for something this size??

TAR_avatar.jpg

I would put the hole where the numbering block is at the top.

Ed

I am not even sure what the components of the design are. Its pretty small to see what is all in the image. Can you get a bigger image uploaded?

@UOTrackers,

Did you get my last email? I seem to have on and off problems with my email... :D

Steve

Here's an idea I got, but since I don't know you, it might not like it. :anitongue:

fairyhoney.jpg

Wonder how it would look with a nurse hat instead of that pointy one. :anibad:

Sorta!

This is an older version but the details are clearer

The alacache.com website is dead, so I deleted two stars and replaced the text 'alacache.com' with 'DixieCachers.com'... now it's so fuzzy it's illegible! I am no good at Photoshop!

Looks like alot of detail but we can try.

Put me in for 100.

Is this artwork too detailed for something this size??

TAR_avatar.jpg

I would put the hole where the numbering block is at the top.

Ed

I count 9 or 10 colours in the coin. Remember that for this project you have to pay extra for more than 4.

Edited by islander1988

I count 9 or 10 colours in the coin. Remember that for this project you have to pay extra for more than 4.

Good point, 6 extra colors is an additional $1.26 per coin.

Still want to pursue it, at least as far as a price quote. I know what it cost me to mint it as a coin, now I am curious to see how much, if any, I can save by doing it as a GeoTag.

Finally came up with a basic design that fits both of us, and am getting some professional help with my First-Grade-level drawing (and let me tell you, calling it that is an insult to the majority of First Graders <_< ), so we should have something ready to go long before the April 4th deadline. This is going to be fun! :anitongue:

I have 40 designs for a commitment of 2500 Geotags. :anibad:

The designs are very nice. When I get artwork back from the mint I will be posting to my website for all to see.

The second bacth of artwork will go to the mint on Tuesday the Third batch which will still have opeing special pricing will go to the mint next Thursday April 5. Please get orders in by April 4th so I can get everything together.

I have 40 designs for a commitment of 2500 Geotags. :anibad:

The designs are very nice. When I get artwork back from the mint I will be posting to my website for all to see.

The second bacth of artwork will go to the mint on Tuesday the Third batch which will still have opeing special pricing will go to the mint next Thursday April 5. Please get orders in by April 4th so I can get everything together.

i'm just waiting on artwork, and my order will be in!

First set of artwork is back I'll be sending out emails to confirm today. The artwork looks great and most of it is exactly what was send. If you want to change the qualities per metal based on artwork please let me know. Any other changes need to be spelled out clearly as well.

I will also be posting pictures of all approved artwork on the website so people can see the other tags.

So instead of spending the afternoon doing something useful like---say--- working on my dissertation, I decided to play around with the idea of creating my own geotag. Since I have no image software (beyond Paint), little imagination, and zero artistic skills, this took quite a bit of time to create something pretty basic. I used Paint and some public domain clip art that I modified for my own purposes.

What I would love to hear is some feedback on what would be needed to modify this to make it suitable for minting, if some kind person with some knowledge of the subject has the time to help out. I know I somehow need to designate the colors for the various sections and identify what parts would be metal. Any suggestions for color schemes would be most welcome. I also need to know if I need to clean up the images any. I got as many of the stray little flecks of shading out as I could without losing my sanity, but would be willing to go back in and clean up more if that were required.

This is my first time attempting anything of this sort, so please be gentle yet constructive :laughing:

geotag-niffir.jpg

Need some help. The image in the middle are? I know the top is some type or trowel but is there a specific term.

The top one is a trowel. It's the kind we use as archaeologists, but it is actually a mason's trowel (for bricklaying or something like that). The bottom image is a pyramid mound. It is actually the big pyramid at Cholula (east of Mexico City), but looks nearly identical to the pyramids that I excavate in western Mexico.

Need some help. The image in the middle are? I know the top is some type or trowel but is there a specific term.

The top one is a trowel. It's the kind we use as archaeologists, but it is actually a mason's trowel (for bricklaying or something like that). The bottom image is a pyramid mound. It is actually the big pyramid at Cholula (east of Mexico City), but looks nearly identical to the pyramids that I excavate in western Mexico.

Check this out.

niffer.JPG

Words in gray, trowel in white or gray and black. Pyramid in black. Boot print no fill, will look more like print.

geocoin3.jpg

Got our design back from Jamie, order sent can't wait to see all of the geotag designs.

I've been sort of following this thread, just checking out the different artwork pics. And I've got to say "I LOVE THIS ONE." It's one of the cutest designs I've seen.

Windrose

Looks like I'm out :o . There is no way I will be able to get the artwork completed in time. :laughing: Not enough time left to find another designer...

CF30

Sarah I will try again...I just know I probably can't do the celtic design, but I will try again. Also if anyone can tell me how to load a font into Adobe I'd be very greatful

How about this?

geotag-niffir.jpg

WOW!!! I feel like an amature now....I'll take my pen and paper and go back to work.... :laughing:

Nice work plumbrokeacres. :o

Thank you :) I took the Idea and ran with it if Niffer uses it I hope they will send me one.

Thanks for brining this project about. I was thinking of getting in on it but decided to do the coin thing instead. Lots of great designs!

Looks like I'm out :o . There is no way I will be able to get the artwork completed in time. :blink: Not enough time left to find another designer...

CF30

Sarah I will try again...I just know I probably can't do the celtic design, but I will try again. Also if anyone can tell me how to load a font into Adobe I'd be very greatful

If you mean Photoshop, merely have the font file open (double-click on it, then minimize) before running the program and it should show up in your available fonts automatically. The disadvantage with this is that you have to have it open whenever you modify that file - I did this with the knotwork that I did around my geocoin, which was also a font.

We have 2 designs that a friend of ours did.

Here's one:

JAMRASCEMBLEM.jpg

And here's the other:

jamrasc2.jpg

Only thing with the second one is our daughter Meagan's name is spelled wrong and I don't know how to fix it and Alex is really Alexandra, if that would fit. If not, Alex is ok, we call her that most of the time. Also, don't really know if that design would work.

Any help, comments, etc is appreciated. Thanks.

jamrasc2.jpg

Only thing with the second one is our daughter Meagan's name is spelled wrong and I don't know how to fix it and Alex is really Alexandra, if that would fit. If not, Alex is ok, we call her that most of the time. Also, don't really know if that design would work.

This one would work better and I can add a comment to have the names fixed when it is sent to the mint.

jamrasc2.jpg

This one would work better and I can add a comment to have the names fixed when it is sent to the mint.

Would it be round when it is finished or would it be shaped? Thanks for your insight.