GeoTags V1 - Personal Geocoins, Goal:

AtwellFamily

When does the first batch of approved artwork go to the minter? I am so excited and nervous about this project.

All tags will be minted at the same time. They will go into production mid April and will be complete in early May. Sorry for the wait but the size of the group and the way the order needs to be presented as one dictates the timeline.

When does the first batch of approved artwork go to the minter? I am so excited and nervous about this project.

All tags will be minted at the same time. They will go into production mid April and will be complete in early May. Sorry for the wait but the size of the group and the way the order needs to be presented as one dictates the timeline.

No problem Mike I know you have a lot on your plate. Was just wondering, this is all new territory for me is all.

All the mint artwork from the first group is back, please review and let me know if it is OK. I need email stating it is OK if it is.

Thanks

Mint Artwork

Has anyone else had trouble in viewing this page? I've tried about 5 different times and each time it completely locks up my computer. Any suggestions?

I had it slow my machine. Must be the fact I didn't shink the images when I put them on the page. A lot to load. I will try and fix tomorrow.

Well I think I've got about as far as I can get with out some help. Is there someone who could please help me with finalising the design - I would really appreciate it.

This is what I've got so far.

GTkeewee.jpg

Idea is that the map, my avatar and the rim are raised metal

Text around outside is recessed metal

inner text I am unsure about

hashed lines I am also unsure about - they cross on the map where my hometown is

Colours are, of course, the GC colours - is this an issue??

Anything else?

So, is there someone out there who could give me a little help to get this tidy and ready to go please?

Many thanks

Craig

Well I think I've got about as far as I can get with out some help. Is there someone who could please help me with finalising the design - I would really appreciate it.

This is what I've got so far.

Idea is that the map, my avatar and the rim are raised metal

Text around outside is recessed metal Do you want this filled with black?

inner text I am unsure about It is pretty small would recommend raised metal

hashed lines I am also unsure about - they cross on the map where my hometown is If you did the map are black enamel you could do the hash lines as raised metal.Otherwise the dashes in black would have raised metal around them, might look weird. The other thing to mention is there will be raised metal between the colors already, the dashed line will actually be solid. Just a matter of what to do ont he map area.

Colours are, of course, the GC colours - is this an issue??

Anything else?

So, is there someone out there who could give me a little help to get this tidy and ready to go please?

Many thanks

Craig

Just to keep everyone in the loop (I pride myself on this, open and honest communcation all the time).

I have heard back from all but 2 of the first set of artwork (25 designs or so). Changes will be sent to mint today and I should have them back later this week, next week at the latest.

Second set of artwork went to mint yesterday (18 designs or so) and I should have artwork back early next week.

Samples of my geotag will be in mid to late next week and I will post in the forum as well as the website.

Moving Forward

I will send last group of artwork in on Wednesday next week. Should get back within a week. I hope to have all artwork approved by April 15. If all goes well we should have the geotags in Colorado by early May.

As far as picking them up at the big event. I think it may be easier on all if I just ship them. Priority post takes 3-4 days and the flat rate boxes are $8 + insurance. I shipped something yesterday with insurance for around $12. I will do a bit more research on shipping cost, normally I price my coins with it included so I don't have to get into all this. Once I get the samples I can get a rought weight for order sizes and get pricing for first class and priority post. I would recommend insurance just to be on the safe side, $4 for peace of mind and money back is worth it.

Thanks again for all invovled, it has been a lot of work but also very enjoyable to see this group and the artwork from it. I can't wait to have them in hand.

Mike

For those interested there is still time to get in on this, deadline is April 4th!

Edited by Atwell Family

I am actually wondering when Atwell is going to send us PayPal invoices for all of this?

What is the deadline for locking down the mix of metals and initial production quantities of our designs -- ie. when are you gonna bill us??

If I were you, Mike, I certainly would not commit to mint-production until I had payment in hand from the various parties. Non-payment from a participant will just mean that you have extra coins that *you* have to pay for.

Mike, I know you are busy but would it be possible to post a list of those people whose artwork has been submitted to the mint.

This will let everyone know that you received their artwork without all of us emailing you individually...

Someting like this.

First Group - Approvel and Revision stage

Atwell Family (samples due April 5)

avroair

fivedime

fluttershy

hobbycachegirl

Jay Mills

Rubinconwb

Let's Look Over Thayer

Oldnavy59

PennyPacker

rasj

Rubinconwb

scaw

scobey

Smort78

Stellar Jr.

stellarscapes

summerandnana

Tokencollector

Tsunrisebey

wesleykey

wsgaskins

ZSandmann

Sunshinegang

Peter and Gloria

Blue Power Ranger

Second Group - Sent to mint 3/27/07

aa8bj

Aiden's Cachers

beanpod

creacher

Go JayBee

GPX Navigators

R-L-Painter

Hawaiian Ninja

IBcrashen

islander1988

O-Mega

Red Otter

Team Owl

W8NC

usyoopers

GSVNoFixedAbode

wilg

islander1988

islander1988

If your name is on the list twice it is because you had more than 1 design submitted.

I am actually wondering when Atwell is going to send us PayPal invoices for all of this?

What is the deadline for locking down the mix of metals and initial production quantities of our designs -- ie. when are you gonna bill us??

If I were you, Mike, I certainly would not commit to mint-production until I had payment in hand from the various parties. Non-payment from a participant will just mean that you have extra coins that *you* have to pay for.

Guess I didn't include that in the pervious post. Will look to invoice everyone between April 9-15, once your artwork is approved of course. I'll indicate the metal plating choices I have for you already on the invoice. Once payment is recieved that is finalizing your order, no changes after that.

I can't afford to float this project (sorry). I will keep people informed but if I can't get your artwork approved or payment, I will not hold it up just for you. Until artwork is approved and payment is made you do not have a firm order. Sorry to sound harsh but it has to be otherwise this could drag out the entire project and group.

Ok maybe I'm back in, thanks to the selfless work of UOTrackers and sssooocool.

Let me know if you think these tags will work:

Crowesfeat30 'Tag:

Strider 'Tag:

CF30

Oh, I am so glad I get to keep one of these. To quote another... Oh WOW! Consider me speechless!!! That is SO cool!!

Can I get the artwork for the words on the second coin in a bigger picture or something so it can be reproduced properly?

Edited by Atwell Family

Strider 'Tag:

Rope-5.jpg

Thank you sssooocool

CF30

That's great! I'm glad someone was able to do it, sorry I'm so adobe challenged! I think, just from experience, that the poem will need to be bigger. Take a look at the tag I jsut posted in the what was in your mailbox thread. Now granted it's only about 1" but the "Ancient" name on the bottom is very small! I think that the poem would be similarly small, plus it's very intricate. See if sssoooocool can make it bigger?

All the mint artwork from the first group is back, please review and let me know if it is OK. I need email stating it is OK if it is.

Thanks

Mint Artwork

Has anyone else had trouble in viewing this page? I've tried about 5 different times and each time it completely locks up my computer. Any suggestions?

I had troubles too. The first time, it locked my computer up and I didn't think it would ever return to normal even after ending task. I eventually rebooted. The next couple times I went there, it slowed my computer way down but didn't lock it up. Was able to view and approve at any rate. What a cool project! I'm very excited about getting my own coins for the first time. I never thought I would be able to afford getting my own coin but Mike came along and here we go!

Crowesfeat30 'Tag:

Strider 'Tag:

CF30

Oh, I am so glad I get to keep one of these. To quote another... Oh WOW! Consider me speechless!!! That is SO cool!!

Can I get the artwork for the words on the second coin in a bigger picture or something so it can be reproduced properly?

I hope this is big enough. If not, I can send you the Word document but you would have to install the font I used. It is called "Tengwar-Gandalf" and I can tell you where you can get it if you'd like.

Strider 'Tag Text

top part:

Strider.jpg

Not all who wander poem in elven runes:

Notallthosewhowander.jpg

CF30

Edited by Crowesfeat30

Strider 'Tag:

Rope-5.jpg

Thank you sssooocool

CF30

That's great! I'm glad someone was able to do it, sorry I'm so adobe challenged! I think, just from experience, that the poem will need to be bigger. Take a look at the tag I jsut posted in the what was in your mailbox thread. Now granted it's only about 1" but the "Ancient" name on the bottom is very small! I think that the poem would be similarly small, plus it's very intricate. See if sssoooocool can make it bigger?

I'm not sure that it would fit in the ring if it were bigger unless I made it eight lines of text instead of four. <_<

CF30

Strider 'Tag:

Rope-5.jpg

Thank you sssooocool

CF30

I'm not sure that it would fit in the ring if it were bigger unless I made it eight lines of text instead of four. <_<

CF30

I have had to do a few Tengwar translations for puzzle caches around these parts.... and that looks like it is missing some over-characters (the dots or lines over the previous characters indicating the doubling of a letter).

You might want to try going here:

http://tengwar.art.pl/tengwar/ott/start.php

Here is the complete poem that I found:

All that is gold does not glitter,

not all those who wander are lost;

the old that is strong does not wither,

deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken,

a light from the shadows shall spring;

renewed shall be the blade that was broken,

the crownless again shall be king.

And the online Tengwar translator gave me this:

tengwar.png

I'm not sure that it would fit in the ring if it were bigger unless I made it eight lines of text instead of four. :lostsignal:

CF30

I think neither mint nor I can type the text even we have installed the front. May I suggest you type larger texts on a white paper and give it to the mint for reducing size and pasting on the die artwork?

Edited by sssooocool

Without shifting through all 10 pages, PLEASE how do I put a picture here so others may critique it? ( when I go to the tree picture on top it says something about sending an URL. Haven't the foggiest what that is)

I download my images to photobucket first. Send email if you need detailed instructions.

fairyhoney - to post you need to put the image somewhere on the web where it is accessable to all - a lot of people use photobucket to host their images. It is a free image hosting service.

a URL is the address or location of that image (or other items) on the web - so it has the web site name, location of image on the server and file name eg

http://www.mywebsite.com/myphotos/thisphoto.jpg

When you post with the URL then our browsers go off to the URL listed to fetch the image and display it. There was a thread in the last few days in the geocoin forums on how to do this.

Edited by keewee01

Ok here is (perhaps) the final for the Strider 'Tag:

courtesy of wsgaskins

cf30-tengwar-strider500.gif

I've had so much help with the design of this coin that I will be giving all of them away in thanks! :lostsignal:

Thank you so much for all your help, UOTrackers, sssooocool and wsgaskins (and anyone else who might jump in on this project :) )!!!

CF30

Ok here is (perhaps) the final for the Strider 'Tag:

courtesy of wsgaskins

cf30-tengwar-strider500.gif

I've had so much help with the design of this coin that I will be giving all of them away in thanks! :lostsignal:

Thank you so much for all your help, UOTrackers, sssooocool and wsgaskins (and anyone else who might jump in on this project :) )!!!

CF30

That looks great! I'm glad someone was able to help you with it. I was going to try again tonight, but when Bella's temp spiked over 102 I lost all concentration. I think this will be beautiful, I"ll deffiantely need to get one considering if we ever have a son Strider will be his middle name!

We are changing name this week to better fit our team. New name won't post yet so using old one.

New name will be T"n"T. This artwork was made possible by sssooocool. Wonderful job and very helpful. Thanks again for your help. What do you all think?TnT-31-1.jpg

Edited by packmaster4

Do you need larger artwork of my font to send to the mint? or can they re-examine the blueprint based on what they already have?

I will be sending the name of the font to them.

BTW I am having email issues right now. I can't access my mail, exchange server is down and has been up and down for 3 days now. I will use my time wisely the next time it comes up.

Crowesfeat30 'Tag:

CF30_06G.jpg

Thank you UOTrackers

CF30

Very kewl design, what is the symbol on the bird body?

It is a knotworkized (lol, I just made that word up B) ) geocaching "G+" . UOTrackers idea.

CF30

Question:

The 'Tag I am designing for Strider is going to have to have the text as raised metal leaving a field of recessed metal. If I go with some of each metal can I have a different color enamel as the background color (ie: silver with blue and gold with red)?

Also, (I probably know the answer, but...) are translucent enamels out?

Thanks, CF30