Delaware Geocoins Have Arrived!

2Dolphins

Coins.jpg

The coins arrived early, just thought I would send out a picture for everyone who paid for theirs and is anxiously waiting. We are going to process the coins and hope to have them out within the next week. Takes a bunch of time to tag and bag these as well as get them to the post Office.

They all came out nice. Any possibility of letting us purchase 1 of deuglys? I think it looks rather interesting and your experiment will be doomed, lol!

There is hope on the Delugly front. We are working on a plan to sell these coins as we wont be able to keep them in caches if everyone wants one. One solution we are working on is that you could be allowed to buy one coin and you get 2. One that would be unregistered that you could put in your collection and one coin that we register and you put in the cache of your choice. We will keep you posted on this, but first things first lets get the regular coins to you guys ASAP! I hope everyone is as happy with these coins as I am.

2Dolphins.

They all came out nice. Any possibility of letting us purchase 1 of deuglys? I think it looks rather interesting and your experiment will be doomed, lol!

There is hope on the Delugly front. We are working on a plan to sell these coins as we wont be able to keep them in caches if everyone wants one. One solution we are working on is that you could be allowed to buy one coin and you get 2. One that would be unregistered that you could put in your collection and one coin that we register and you put in the cache of your choice. We will keep you posted on this, but first things first lets get the regular coins to you guys ASAP! I hope everyone is as happy with these coins as I am.

2Dolphins.

I received an email asking if I would place an activated one in a cache, which I replied I would. But for the record, I'd like to buy one so that I won't be tempted, lol!!!

2Dolphins.

I love this plan, will be on the lookout to buy a Delugly.

2Dolphins.

I received an email asking if I would place an activated one in a cache, which I replied I would. But for the record, I'd like to buy one so that I won't be tempted, lol!!!

I would be willing to put one of the "DelUgly" coins in a cache here in California. I do collect coins, but I don't NEED to have them all, and since I already ordered some of the other coins, I would not be tempted to keep it. I usually buy the LE coins for trade fodder anyway, with the exception of the peach and tornado, and whatever other unique LE coin may come along.

2Dolphins.

I have received some email about this Delugly sale being part of the Grand Experiment. It is not. Our plans to spread these coins to caches is already in place and was basically laid out before we ever took any orders.

The proposed sale of the Deluglies is in response to the need of keeping the demand down for this coin so we can accomplish our goal of coins in caches. In fact we had very few Deluglies made as part of the Grand experiment. Most of the coins that will be in caches to start the Grand Experiment will be Standard edition coins.

The first coins to be mailed out will be part of our plan to have one coin placed in every state and some in other countries. All of the initial coins are Standard edition coins as we did not even come up with the idea for the Delugly until after this plan was in place. The people doing this initial distribution have already been contacted. Right now your best chance at seeing (not owning) a Delugly is watching the local caches around your area for the new Delaware icon dei.gifin the weeks following the initial distribution. When you see it, hot foot it out to the cache and log the travel coin (you will have to place it in another cache so others can see, hold and log it.)

The sale of the Deluglies is an idea that we are just kicking around. It will not be part of this order and would require an additional coin order from us, so for now, this will not happen until we are done with the current distribution/sale. This should come quickly as I know we have enough people now interested to make them. We will keep you posted, and thanks again for all the interest.

2Dolphins,

Delaware State Geocaching Club Treasurer