SCREEN NAME IS MORE THAN AN ALIAS

I'm from Idaho and many people like to call folks from Idaho Spud or Spud-knocker when I was young it used to bother me because I am from the mountains of north Idaho and not near any potato farms. Now that I am older and a little thicker skinned they can call me Spud or Spud-knocker all they want as it is my handle and I am proud of it. :lol:

I had managed to get all the way to high school without an email account. One day a friend finds this "error" out and drags me in front of a computer to rectify it. Back then Hotmail and Yahoo were two of the most popular emails so we are trying to find a Nick to use on both. We put in Sarge first because any time I raised my voice you heard it five miles out plus the short hair cut didn't help that perception. Unfortunately Sarge was taken so I was given the option of adding some numbers to the end. I was at a loss at first so I looked down at my id at the time and it had the numbers 104 on it. The rest they say is history.

Some worthless knowledge: Most people automatically assume I've either been in the army or serve in the army when they see my nick. Truth is I serve proudly in the Navy, though I just made Second Class Petty Officer which in the army is...Sergeant :lol:

I go by Dardevle.

The reason I chose that name is because I love to fish

and I have a Dardevle tattood' on each of my arms. One is red and white

and the other is black and white. I also have the face of the lure tattood'

on my back twice, each looking in at my first and middle name across

my back. :wub:

Oh, and I use a hedgehog as an avitar because I "rescued" and owned one for a year. He was so smelly!
Really? I'm disappointed. I thought you had a handheld hedgehog that would point his nose to the caches! :wub:
Maybe Loco IS the hedgehog... ; ) Hmmmm. Makes ya wonder exactly who I'm talking about on logs and forum when I refer to Loco, doesn't it!! What you can't see is the little tiny blue GPS in the hedgehog's hand at left. He doesn't like to admit not being able to find them with his keen sense of smell alone! I hold the hedgehog, and the hedgehog holds the GPS. It's really a slick system!! Edited by meralgia

I've always been enamored with wizards and dragons, having first read Tolkien's Hobbit and the Lord Of The Rings trilogy when I was 9 or 10. For over 15 years now, I've been walking around with Gandalf on my left arm, and Smaug on my right.

MyTats.jpg

Just got my new walking stick as a X-mas present...

WalkingStick-small.jpg

And finally I kind of resemble one (or did, just did the big Christmas trim yesterday)....

geowizerd-small.jpg

VW Keychain was the name of a song I really liked at the time I discovered geocaching, so I decided to use the name and buy a bunch of Volkswagen keychains off ebay to leave in caches as swaps. I tend not to swap much so I still have a few original keychians in my bag. I drive a VW though so I guess the name is still appropriate, and I can sign nano logs "VW_" and hopefully local cachers will still know who it is.

When I was in Auburn, AL, we used to ride the dirt roads all the time out in Tuskegee National Forest. We had trucks that could take the worst of the muddy roads, not that they are all that muddy. We started getting calls from friends that would want us to come to their off-road aid. Then we started getting calls from the friends of these friends. It blossomed into nearly a Recovery Business, as we were going to rescue trucks at all hours of the night about twice a week. Our intentions were strictly good samaritan-esque. We never accepted money or payment. We just did it as a pay-it-forward type of thing, telling the rescuees that they should in turn help someone in need.

We started calling ourselves the Pirates of Tuskegee, had tee shirts made, etc. Hence the username.

"I'm Spruce" comes from a summer-long running gag at my summer camp. Each of the councilors come up with their own camp-name, mine was simply "Spruce" (gotten from the misidentification of a tree).

About halfway through the summer the other stuff (most of 'em about five years younger) started shouting that they were Spruce. Finally it started off a version of the camp classic "There ain't no flies on us".

Wumpus (rather Hunt the Wumpus) was a name of a video game I used to play in the 80's. It also blossomed my love of video games. When it came time to name me in my frat in college, they called me Wumpus.

Well, obviously that stuck. I originally chose "Team Wumpus" since I was recently married. But upon the realization that my wife was less than interested in caching, I had it changed to just "The Wumpus." I figure if I do get her into caching, she can choose her own name!

The Avatar is the Wumpus as he appeared in the manual for the afore mentioned video game.

Wumpus (rather Hunt the Wumpus) was a name of a video game I used to play in the 80's. It also blossomed my love of video games. When it came time to name me in my frat in college, they called me Wumpus.

Well, obviously that stuck. I originally chose "Team Wumpus" since I was recently married. But upon the realization that my wife was less than interested in caching, I had it changed to just "The Wumpus." I figure if I do get her into caching, she can choose her own name!

The Avatar is the Wumpus as he appeared in the manual for the afore mentioned video game.

HOLY CRAP! I remember Hunt the Wumpus! I thought I was the only one that played that.! :-)

our screen name hails from a Jimi Hendricks song Dolly Dagger.

when we decided to co-habitate with a canine our choice was a boston terrier, the wife wanted to name her Dolly, well that brought up some primal thoughts from my earlier years and i chose dagger as her offical AKC middle name. when talking about her i refer to her (dolly) as the dagger

therefore dagger dog :blink:

HOLY CRAP! I remember Hunt the Wumpus! I thought I was the only one that played that.! :-)

*laugh* Nope! Seriously, think about what would happen if they did an Xbox 360 remake or summat!

After seeing your post, I searched! Lo and behold......I found Hunt the Wumpus downloadable for the PC! :-) It plays just like the original! I don't think I'm allowed to post the website in teh forums so I'll PM it to you.

Easy Explanation ..

I have always had a name that references my mental capacity and state... I have ADHD(Attention Deficit Hyperative Disorder).

I started off with Undignified Prince years and years ago and over the years its translated into a series of varieties of it:

Looney Prince;

PsYkOPrince;

PsYkO;

PsYkO.ns (The ns stands for Nova Scotia, The province I live in.)

When we started Geocaching, I really figured it would be my sport and my wife wouldn't be interested... instead she fell in love with it and rather than relog our finds into a new account, we decided to stick with PsYkO.ns and she got to choose our logo... which is a penguin.

I am an Army Chaplain and Skypilot is a term for chaplains going back to at least WWII, the name was taken when I signed on (by someone who logged 9 caches in 2002 and hasn't been on since B)) so 39b is a tag for a Psychological Operations officer, a school I've also been to, a bit complicated but it works for me

Back in eighth grade, I was the nerdy little smart kid (is that redundant?). One of the kids was a "preppy kid" as we called them, and he liked to mock me. One day, he sarcastically called me the "Bunganator". Well wouldn't you know, I kinda liked that name. My friends all thought it was fun and he just didn't bet it. It eventually became my username for lots of things. Now 5 years later, and in the "grown up" college world, in is my caching name.

I had a hard time coming up with a name that wasn't already taken. Starting out I landed on targetvarments, which I didn't like at first but grew to love. It was a short love affair however. When my wife decided she liked this crazy sport, she asked if we could change the name. :) I came up with a few different ones, but she didn't like any of them :) . I made up a list of thirty or more names and made her sit down with me so we could agree on a name. You wouldn't think picking a name for a game would require a major husband and wife meeting. I think we spent more time discussing this than our budget or our plans for retirement. :) We finally came up with sojourners7. Sojourners hints at the fact that we are Christians, so we are are only visiting this planet for a short time (relatively speaking). The word sojourn means, "To stay as a temporary resident." I tacked on the number seven because 'sojourners' was taken already and 7 is my favorite number. So after about a week and half we had are new name and I had to rewrite all my logs, but that wasn't too overwhelming as I only had about 15 finds at the time.

About four years ago I discovered a dog living under an old truck I had out back. I usually shoo strays away, but when I went up to him to do just that, he could hardly move because he had become so emaciated. Also his hair was so knotted up, his ears were stuck to his head. Moreover, before he got so bad (he was there for at least two months that we know of), the neighbors who had been trying to feed him loved watching his antics... I guess he was quite the clown.

Well we decided to help him, then we would see if we could find him a good home because we had to many animals already. It was strange, this dog became a celebrity around town... everyone new of him. One neighbor donated the vet bills, neutering, shots, etc, another donated the wash and trim, and another got us in touch of an adoption group, everything was set. But when it came time for him to be transported up to the city park to get adopted, he wouldn't come out of the cage when he got there. So I guess you can figure out what happened next... thats right we kept him. He has successfully climbed right into our harts... not to mention moved right in the house.

The name we came up with was Hobo, because it fits him so well... what a big mooch. I am not very creative ether, but how could I resist not having a famous neighborhood stars name... It was the first name that came to mind.

But there is only one true Hobo, so I'm merely Hobo2. :)

This is a long and convoluted story, but you asked for it.

A decade or so ago, I was using IRC (newnet) to chat. I met someone (LadyWind) in 30schat, who I ended up dating for a short time. During that time, she dubbed me "Sir Philip". As often happened in the early days of chat, there was a big fight and I pretty much made a fool of myself.The name I had chosen made it seem like my ego wasi n control, and it stood in the way of making amends. I came back and apologized and changed my name to JustPhil. In the process of healing the wounds, I started seeing another woman (zeek) from IRC who shortly became my wife. Her geocaching name is FluffyWilson, which is another story. I moved from Southern Illinois to Southern Ontario.

Segue to a time before I began geocaching.... I was a big stock car fan and participated in the racing message boards. I was a qutie vocal participant and differentiated myself from the drivers by using the "just" theme, calling myself JustAFan. At that time I stated an email account, justafan2@rogers.com.

It only seems natural to use that name on geocaching as I have used that name for about 7 or 8 years.

When I was a little kid I was in a kids nature camp called Marsh Monsters. We met at the nature center next to the Mentor Marsh and explored the area. It was a fun group. I grew up in that area and a few years ago a low budget film called Big Foot was made there. I thought MarshMonsters would be a great name for my husband and I since we sometimes come back from a hike looking like we were attacked by a monster or became the monster. :rolleyes:

I tried to find a picture from the movie Big Foot but couldn't find a good one (didn't fit our easy going nature). We decided to use the picture of Skuzzlebutt from South Park. He is a Big Foot like creature who likes to basket weave and has Patrick Duffy for a leg and celery for a hand. :wacko:

Edited by MarshMonsters