What does your geocaching map look like?

As I get more and more finds I love seeing the smileys start to eliminate the cache symbols. But what I want to see more it other peoples maps - what do they look like? Take a screen shot and put it up (especially if you live a bit north of Sydney :anibad: I'll upload mine (when I figure out how) I'd love help with that haha :)

Thanks!!

As I get more and more finds I love seeing the smileys start to eliminate the cache symbols. But what I want to see more it other peoples maps - what do they look like? Take a screen shot and put it up (especially if you live a bit north of Sydney :anibad: I'll upload mine (when I figure out how) I'd love help with that haha :)

Thanks!!

As far as help, do you use windows? And what version?

Thanks!!

Windows-use the print screen button. Right side of the keyboard, near the top. It may be labeled print screen, print source, or like mine PrtSc or some other variation. It's on the right side of the

keyboard. You must then open up paint or photoshop or something like that and paste it(Ctrl+V or go to the top menu, select edit then click paste) In order to post a photo on the forums it must be on the internet, so you can upload the picture to facebook, tumblr, or even a page here. right click the picture and select view image. Copy the url in the address bar. select insert image on here(Between the chain and the envelope) and paste the image url in the box.

Here's my playground. As you can see, we have a lot to work with and a lot to be ignored, or at least not highly prioritized. The second is one screen south. Probably all but 20 smileys on that map are on foot. We have the perfect caching world. One could finds thousands in their street shoes while another could find just as many with his feet never touching pavement.

df96a0ca-70d7-455d-a500-dd801b884a1f.jpg

bd43e2c0-7a8d-4c42-a593-5588f88f9e41.jpg

This is the area southwest of my place.

24eyh5j.png

Northwest.

117vbxy.png

Northeast.

16a9u69.png

Southeast.

fofau0.png

Farther west.

20su6nd.png

Austin, MN (my main shopping town).

2ighqoz.png

Rochester, MN.

r720r7.png

As you can see, I range quite a bit in my caching expeditions. I wanted to get it all (at least right around home) in one shot, but if I zoom out further the smilies disappear.

Here is my local map, of Townsville, Nth QLD Australia. It is only a few thousand kms north of Sydney :)

My really local area is on the bottom left hand corner of the screen...

We have three PTs(I'm pretty sure) the most notable being the RRPT (Ross River PT). It winds through the city as you can see, following the river.

Untitled-1.jpg

Here's a map with downtown Pittsburgh at the lower right, and my home area at the upper left. Note the many unfound caches. More than 50% of my finds are greater than 100 miles away from home.

8eabfbee-f444-4fd7-a876-1ec0169b591b.jpg?rnd=0.8912579

For comparison, here is a map of the entire greater Pittsburgh area from 2005, back when I was a radius slave. There's been a lot of change, both in the caches themselves and in the mapping tools!

447ca5db-eaab-42a7-bab0-d6073d91cb5f.jpg

Indeed there are lots of multis and mysteries- here's my view in the city of Amsterdam-

screenshot20130420at112.png

Also let the record state that moving abroad and lots of traveling means something like only 10% of my finds are within 10 miles of my home coords... and over 85% of those finds are over 100 miles away. I think a good part of this just has to deal with the fact that I rely on cycling and public transportation in general, so I'm more likely to hop on the train to a new town or city for the day and then go caching while there.

A throw back map.....late 2002

020630map.jpg

Keep in mind, most of the icons within the DC limits are virtual caches (many still exist) on The Mall. One of the ones (toward the middle of the group) is a Project APE cache. Snagged it as only my second find. The red circles were my finds after a few months of caching (I started in March 2002).

Edited by TheWeatherWarrior

I have two "home" areas that I geocache in - one that is pretty well saturated, and one that is not. Though in both of these areas I'll often travel to go geocaching - to get out on a hike, usually - so a lot of my finds don't show up on these two maps. Hence half of San Francisco that I pretty much have not cached in at all. :D

SFmap_zpsd0836263.jpg

Sonomamap_zps1ba753b9.jpg

Here is my area. As you can see I have plenty of work to do :D

I think I did this the wrong way, but you can just copy and paste this into a new window of your internet browser

file:///C:/Users/Matt/Geocaching%20Screen%20Shot.png

Edited by hunter259

I think I did this the wrong way, but you can just copy and paste this into a new window of your internet browser

We can only see this if we're on your computer... that "C:" refers to your own C drive, not ours. :) You'll have to upload the picture to a photo-hosting site, or to your geocaching gallery, and link to it that way.

We can only see this if we're on your computer... that "C:" refers to your own C drive, not ours. :) You'll have to upload the picture to a photo-hosting site, or to your geocaching gallery, and link to it that way.

Yes, you need to upload your photo to a site like flickr, then copy the image location into your forum post.

Yes, you need to upload your photo to a site like flickr, then copy the image location into your forum post.

I use imageshack instead of flickr because I it provides a URL with a ".jpg" file extension and (although I haven't checked recently) the forum software would allow linking to an image if it did not have a valid image file extension (.jpg, .gif, .png...)

I use imageshack instead of flickr because I it provides a URL with a ".jpg" file extension and (although I haven't checked recently) the forum software would allow linking to an image if it did not have a valid image file extension (.jpg, .gif, .png...)

I use flickr all the time for uploading photos to the forum and have no problems.

Edited by The_Incredibles_

I use flickr all the time for uploading photos to the forum and have no problems.

Flikr really doesn't like you to know that you need the url with the word "staticflckr" in it to post the photo on the web. I think they highly discourage doing so, and make it difficult to figure out on purpose. :o That being said, here is mine, hosted on Flikr. Even though I live in suburbia, and ignore parking lot micros, so there are dozens, if not 100+ caches not shown on this map.

8680147244_890bfd5e8f_c.jpg