Milestone Congratulations

Wienerdog

I hit my #700 at the WSGA Campout two weeks ago, near my six-year anniversary of geocaching. Is that some kind of record? How many people have been geocaching that long and "only" have 700 finds? :D

For perspective, I hit #600 on my three-year anniversary. It took me another three years to get the next hundred. No wonder people think I've been slowing down. Back when I hit #500, there were only a few people in the state (country? world?) who had 500 or more finds. Those were the days before numbers mattered and there wasn't a microcache every 500 feet. :blink:

The game is still a lot of fun after all this time. Adrian and I had a blast at the campout. But where were the other oldtimers? Lucyandrickie? Moun10bike? Wienerdog? I haven't seen you guys since the holiday party or something like that.

So I probably should start a pool to guess when I will hit 800. I think if we make a graph, it extends out to 2025. I bet I can beat that. :anicute:

Cheers,

Seth!

Congrats to Marcus Arelius, another Illinois Boy, for his 1800th cache. And he goes after the tough ones. The "old man" is ahead of him and will be getting his 2000 in Hawaii the last of this month.

The wife and I do the easy ones.

Wood River would be proud of you. Dick

Congrats on your 500th, since you are the owner of most of the caches

you must have to go out of your area to find a cache. Dick

Indeed I do and with all the water around here some caches claiming to be less then ten miles are really 20 miles away. Why don't you come hide a cache over here for me to find?

There were bunches of milestones at (and around) the big event!

Congratulations to everyone!

I'll second that! They seem to be coming faster and faster.

Congrats to YA for topping 1400 and thanks for the great event!

Congratulations to Montana Dave for topping 1000! That's a big one.

There were many more. Congratulations everone!

I hit #200 today at Is That a Treehouse?! I will post pictures later.

Congrats to Dwoodford for #200 at one of my caches! ;)

And BIG congrats to pals Prying Pandora for achiving 5000 at Alpine Lookout, and jcar for 2000! :blink: Would loved to have been there for either/both, but a CITO was calling.

Thanks! It was an interesting spot! It's suprising that it's been there 100 or so years! Oh, and a nice job with the camo!

Edited by Dwoodford

I just want to get a quick shout out to congratulate Dream Cache R for reaching 600 at the Grays Harbor Cache Machine Dinner, and to Trevor and Kate for reaching 2600 somewhere along the fine WA coast caches during the Grays Harbor Cache Machine!! It was a fun day, and we made a great team for the machine.

I'm sure other folks met milestones this weekend -Way to go folks!! :laughing:

I just want to get a quick shout out to congratulate Dream Cache R for reaching 600 at the Grays Harbor Cache Machine Dinner, and to Trevor and Kate for reaching 2600 somewhere along the fine WA coast caches during the Grays Harbor Cache Machine!! It was a fun day, and we made a great team for the machine.

I'm sure other folks met milestones this weekend -Way to go folks!! :P

We wish we could have followed along, but we were with you all in spirit. :P

Congratulations to everyone who met a milestone this weekend!

Edited by Chumpo

You must be exhausted, MtnGoat50. That's a whole buncha caching to pass 1500 finds this weekend. Wow! You and Lynn have got to be a couple of tired cachers! You should probably hit the sack for a while. Not that we'd try to surpass you again while you were napping or anything, we just figure you guys need some rest. Nighty night...

Oh. Almost forgot.

:D:D:D WAY TO GO ON YOUR HUGE MILESTONE! :D:D:D

:rolleyes:<_<:lol: That is awesome!!! 1500 and counting!!! :lol::lol::lol:

You must be exhausted, MtnGoat50. That's a whole buncha caching to pass 1500 finds this weekend. Wow! You and Lynn have got to be a couple of tired cachers! You should probably hit the sack for a while. Not that we'd try to surpass you again while you were napping or anything, we just figure you guys need some rest. Nighty night...

Oh. Almost forgot.

:D:D:D WAY TO GO ON YOUR HUGE MILESTONE! :D:D:D

:rolleyes:<_<:lol: That is awesome!!! 1500 and counting!!! :lol::lol::lol:

I just had a feeling that you'd make 1500 -way to go!! :D Hope all those 'phone a cacher' calls last weekend didn't slow you down... :D:DB)