Earth Turtle 2008: Christmas ET sale see Post #860

tsunrisebey

Quick Poll:

I'm not really into collecting pins but I know alot of you are.... is anyone interested in a pin done like the design? If there is enough interest, I'll work on submitting an order /design tonight. Hopefully they would be done with the coins. Everyone would get one for free with their order but I'll only do it if the interest is there.

tsun :D

well YES!!!

Quick Poll:

I'm not really into collecting pins but I know alot of you are.... is anyone interested in a pin done like the design? If there is enough interest, I'll work on submitting an order /design tonight. Hopefully they would be done with the coins. Everyone would get one for free with their order but I'll only do it if the interest is there.

I don't collect pins myself.

Just ordered coins thought! :D

Quick Poll:

oh yesss! my geohat is covered in pins (including an earth turtle v1).

Quick Poll:

I like that idea. When I bought the copper 2007 Earth Turtle from Ebay I got a gold Earth Turtle pin with it and it is sssooo cute :D

Quick Poll:

Oh how cute! I would be interested as long as its not costing you anything extra. :D

Quick Poll:

*stands up on tippy toes raising hand as high as possible*

Oooh, ooh! me, me!!!

Ahem.... umm, yeah, I would be interested... :D ... :D Make different enamel combinations and only send one per customer kinda like the Hawaii Micro pins. So ya would have to trade to get all of them... :D

CF30

Quick Poll:

Oh how cute! I would be interested as long as its not costing you anything extra. :D

I like pins too. A great idea! And I would pay for one too.....

The reason for the offer is very simple. There are alot of orders from alot of people and I always appreciate the support I have been given since I have started designing. No, the pins are not free to make, I will have to pay for them and it will be 1 pin per order. This is just an opportunity for me to say 'Thank You' for the support and I find this is the way I can express that by giving back a little when the opportunity presents itself.

tsun

Quick Poll:

YES, we collect pins, wish you would of had them for your rainforest Jewels. Hope you do them for the future designs as well, specially the baby turtle :D

That would be great Stephanie.

Quick Poll:

tsun :)

YES, we collect pins, wish you would of had them for your rainforest Jewels. Hope you do them for the future designs as well, specially the baby turtle :D

That would be great Stephanie.

OH WOW... I agree, a Rain Forest Jewel pin would be awesome :D:D

Quick Poll:

tsun :)

I do collect pins. I would purchase one if that were a possibility.

I'm definitely in favor of pin(s) as well, got the 2007 on my lanyard! :)

When possible, I like to buy pins in bulk, make great swag to leave behind if the cost gets down to between $1 and $2 per pin. :D:D That and there is a local pin collector who pounces on me the second he sees me at an event that got one of the 2007 pins from me, I'll need a "backup" pin to keep mine safe! :D:D

The reason for the offer is very simple. There are alot of orders from alot of people and I always appreciate the support I have been given since I have started designing. No, the pins are not free to make, I will have to pay for them and it will be 1 pin per order. This is just an opportunity for me to say 'Thank You' for the support and I find this is the way I can express that by giving back a little when the opportunity presents itself.

tsun

A pin - how did I miss this? :) How exciting. I, too, collect pins. Started with Disney and now - Geocaching pins. Thank you Tsun for your generosity! :D

Could you post a pic of this pin?

CF30

earth_turtle.jpg

;):D OMG!!! That's right!!! (how short is my memory...) And I have no idea why I DON"T have one of 'em on my hat. I had 4 or 5 of 'em sitting around n my desk - even gave some of them away to people who didn't have one. I hope I didn't give them ALL away... :D I'll have to check some of my boxes... (scurries off to do just that...)

CF30

I think pins would be great! Would they be available for people to purchase separately from a coin? They'd be great FTF/swag/gift items. I never did receive the ET pin you said you'd send me last summer, so I'd love to get my hands on one this way!

I'd love to have a pin as well, I collect them on my cache bag. Even if it costs extra, I would very gladly pay for them :D

Ditto...

Yep, yep. DITTO :D

Ditto, ditto. I'd love to be able to pick up a few extra, too, as they make great swag. I have the 2007 ET pin, used to wear it on my jacket, till the backing somehow got lost. Now the little cutie is "stuck" in my car, and goes everywhere with me!

:)

A lot of interest here!! :)

It's no problem to pay for them if it's necessary.

Quick Poll:

Just a quick update: Reservations close at 5:00pm Montana time (MST) tonight. I will be placing the order with the mint and ordering the tracking numbers :lol: I probably won't get an estimate on the shipping date until early next week but as soon as I hear, I'll post the information.

I'm ordering some pins to go with the turtles. This is my first time ordering anything other than coins, so there is a small learning curve here but I hope to have them in time to ship out with your turtles :D I had them done in 2 of the minted version colors and you'll just have to be surprised :ph34r: If these turn out nice, I'll consider doing a pin for the Rainforest Jewel :D

Just a quick update: Reservations close at 5:00pm Montana time (MST) tonight. I will be placing the order with the mint and ordering the tracking numbers :D I probably won't get an estimate on the shipping date until early next week but as soon as I hear, I'll post the information.

I'm ordering some pins to go with the turtles. This is my first time ordering anything other than coins, so there is a small learning curve here but I hope to have them in time to ship out with your turtles :DI had them done in 2 of the minted version colors and you'll just have to be surprised :lol: If these turn out nice, I'll consider doing a pin for the Rainforest Jewel :(

hhhhhmmmm I'm visioning a beautiful blue Earth Turtle Pin :ph34r:

I would love gaiters with a little ET embroidered on them... Come on... ET gaiters would rule (no really, I'm serious!).

The first ET pin was very cool and would love a 2008 version and would be willing to pay for it. But then, I would also be willing to pay for OR ET gaiters :ph34r:

what is an OR ET gaiter?

this is the kind of gaiter i am familier with. we use a leather version for rattlesnakes.

gaiter.jpg

Edited by RedShoesGirl

Stephanie, thank you so much for letting us all know you ordered pins, I am so excited. And I know they will be so cute. So if you do the ones for the Rainforest Jewels I would love to be able to get one of them as well. I have one of the Earth Turtles and love it so much and will always remain in my pin collection.

Valarie of sweetlife

RESERVATIONS CLOSED!

Thank you very much for reserving turtles!

Final Tally of the V2's ordered:

288 Antique Silver - Green

319 Anitque Silver - Blue

283 Gold - Blue

----------------------

950 Total ordered!

I will keep this thread updated about the progress of the remint/invoicing/shipping as needed. Thanks again everyone! :D

I don't collect pins (yet, yours might be the first of a collection), but would be interested in buying some for use as swag if cost permits. I'd keep a few for personal use on my cache bag and such. Would these be the same size as the 2008 ET coins?

I don't collect pins (yet, yours might be the first of a collection), but would be interested in buying some for use as swag if cost permits. I'd keep a few for personal use on my cache bag and such. Would these be the same size as the 2008 ET coins?

Right now the pins being minted are as gifts for orders (1 per package), so nothing for sale, otherwise I'd be gettig myself in trouble here :D The pins being made are going to be the same size as the 2007 ET pins which is 1 inch. The mint is working on the new artwork and I did make a couple of small changes to the pin design (like removing the 'trackable at....') It will be like a mini version of the coin :D

Right now the pins being minted are as gifts for orders (1 per package), so nothing for sale, otherwise I'd be gettig myself in trouble here :D The pins being made are going to be the same size as the 2007 ET pins which is 1 inch. The mint is working on the new artwork and I did make a couple of small changes to the pin design (like removing the 'trackable at....') It will be like a mini version of the coin :D

this sounds wonderful! what a wonderful gift from you to us, thanks so very much!

rsg

Just a quick update: Mint says they are trying for a ship date of July 14th. I wouldn't be surprised if it takes 1 week longer because of the larger order (pins, coins and sample coins of another project). So, I think anywhere from the 14th to the 21st personally.

I'll give another update when they have shipped or arrived (sometimes they just show up on my doorstep).

:D