MICKEY DIVER MYSTERY MICRO GEOCOIN

E.N.I.G.M.A

Sorry for digging this old one up folks, but sometimes it's nice to go back and read some great stories :) I didn't realize this mystery coin didn't have an associated profile until I read the Mystery Coin list thread. I think this thread is my only chance at begging Mr/Mrs Mickey Diver or someone related :) for a coin...I know these are very popular and soooo rare but does it ever hurt to just 'put it out there'.

I have a great coiner buddy here in Perth now, he's been bitten hard and has just been sent his first mystery coin, the New World Order coin! His caching name happens to be Mickeydv and yes, he named him self that before he had even heard of geocoins! Well I guess technically his parents did :P . So you see, what would make this friend happiest most of all besides world peace...is a Micky Diver! So dig deep people, there just has to be one of these coins out there with his name on it! :P

GG your such a Gem, always thinking of others when it comes to this sort of stuff. :anicute:

I attended a event where Gardengorilla had pointed out a caching acquaintance in our city (deaf but a caching machine) to the GeoBandit and had received a coin to present to her.

The cacher was over the moon and her smile was so infectious, I was so happy to witness that exchange.

Maybe the mystery giver should see if they have two to give :huh:

awww!!!! Mickey Diver has come to visit Idaho for the Black Canyon Beach Luau!!! whoopie!!! Thank you kind mystery coin giver....you will make our event very exciting to see who wins it....come on ya'll...come to the event lol...you know you wanna!!!

Thanks Mickey Diver....you are loved by many!

WOO HOO!! :D:D:D:D .....Mickey Diver is alive and well.

Arrived home this afternoon to find a small envelope in the mailbox...strange I thought as I hadn't got any pathtags for ages.

It took a little time to register when I opened envelope.

Thank you so much, I thought I'd missed the boat on this one.

Could not have had a better surprise. :o

Arrived home this afternoon to find a small envelope in the mailbox...strange I thought as I hadn't got any pathtags for ages.

CONGRATULATIONS, sounds like you'll enjoy it.

congrats! it is a wonderful surprise to be sure. mickey diver was one of my first mystery coins and i still look at him in wonder ...

My mom would love this coin as she is CRAZY about Mickey Mouse, she has several china cabinets full of Antique or unusual Mickeys. Her favorite is a 1959 Mickey that her grandmother got for her when she was born from Fingerhut. It is still in really good shape. We got her an anniversary Jim Shore statue for Christmas that has Steamboat Willie Mickey walking thru a mirror to become todays Mickey. Very Cute!!!

Edited by Tonyalynnm

Congrats! This coin was one of our first and we just love it.

Yay!

Congrats Mickeydv:lol: and thank you sooooooooooo much mystery sender, you made BOTH of our days!

OMG!!!!

Very Special Mickey Diver Showed up in my mailbox today.

Thank You MYSTERY SENDER!!!!!!!!!!

A perfect surprise!!!!!!!

eb0076d2-214d-4108-8282-1728668e256d.jpg

I've never seen a pink one before!!!!!!

Opalsns

It's not a mickey diver, it's a Minnie diver!

Minnie Diver (mini diver).....love it!

Be still my beating heart :anicute:

OMG!!!!

Opalsns

OOOOOOOHHHH!!! I am SOOOO jealous!!! That is NICE!!! I have Mickey diver. He's gone diving with me several times. Went to Mexico two summers ago. Need to get Minnie Diver, so she can go with us this summer when my son-in-law gets his Certification!

Hmm could it be that there is more than 1 new version? I received one in my mailbox today,too!

Thank you so much Mystery Sender!!! My envelope was to me /from me and postmarked Honolulu Hawaii!!

My Micky Diver is black nickel with transparent red enamel with tiny Mickey heads stamped underneath and a solid white enamel stripe.It is soooo cool.

02182011192-1.jpg

Edited by CCWashburn

Hmm could it be that there is more than 1 new version? I received one in my mailbox today,too!

Thank you so much Mystery Sender!!! My envelope was to me /from me and postmarked Honolulu Hawaii!!

My Micky Diver is black nickel with transparent red enamel with tiny Mickey heads stamped underneath and a solid white enamel stripe.It is soooo cool.

I will post a picture when I can get my hosting site working again...arg....

That sounds awesome. I can't wait to see the pictures.

oh, my gosh! I just saw the new versions today! They made my heart go pitter patter, you know like when Mickey and Minnie are in love and you can see their hearts jumping out of their chests:anicute:

Ka thump! KA THUMP! woooga woooga!

It does my heart good to see the spirit of these mystery Mickeys and Minnies revived:lol:

Honolulu huh? I'm going there very soon:ph34r:

So, technical question...if it is black nickel does that mean the tiny Mickey heads are in a different metal under that enamel? It looks like they are.

02182011192-1.jpg

This one is really beautiful, too! Excellent work!!! Mickey Diver, you're my Hero!!!

OMG!!!!

Opalsns

Cool, Mini Diver or Minney Diver ??? Either way, i love this, and maybe CC Washburns is ... Many diver or Many Mickey Diver, LOLOL!!!!

Honolulu huh? I'm going there very soon:ph34r:

So, technical question...if it is black nickel does that mean the tiny Mickey heads are in a different metal under that enamel? It looks like they are.

Almost looks like whatever the core of the coin is showing through, maybe nickel but I am pretty sure it isn't black nickel.

oh, my gosh! I just saw the new versions today! They made my heart go pitter patter, you know like when Mickey and Minnie are in love and you can see their hearts jumping out of their chests:anicute:

Ka thump! KA THUMP! woooga woooga!

It does my heart good to see the spirit of these mystery Mickeys and Minnies revived:lol:

Woooga Woooga?

ILYK

Congratulations, everyone! Very nice! I love how these coins display the beautiful variety in texture options.

Is there a particular reason why the colours red/white are chosen, and why there is a diagonal stripe? I am just wondering if Mickey has secrets I'm not aware of ... or if these items come from the designer's creativity.

Congratulations, everyone! Very nice! I love how these coins display the beautiful variety in texture options.

Is there a particular reason why the colours red/white are chosen, and why there is a diagonal stripe? I am just wondering if Mickey has secrets I'm not aware of ... or if these items come from the designer's creativity.

the red with white diagonal stripe is used on a flag to warn boaters there is a diver in the water to keep them at a safe distance. a diver's flag.

rsg

I'd like one of these, too, but I fear the sender won't know my address. How come he/she knows yours?

Sometimes you unwittingly trade with a mystery coiner or someone you know does . other than that we have a geocoiners address book online. If you would like to be added, I'll give it a go. Don't forget to update it if you move! I am moving across the world in about 60 days. I may not even have an address for a month or two!

02182011192-1.jpg

This one is really beautiful, too! Excellent work!!! Mickey Diver, you're my Hero!!!

Wowwww - that is so cool!!

Congratulations on all the new recipients!

I'd like one of these, too, but I fear the sender won't know my address. How come he/she knows yours?

Sometimes you unwittingly trade with a mystery coiner or someone you know does . other than that we have a geocoiners address book online. If you would like to be added, I'll give it a go. Don't forget to update it if you move! I am moving across the world in about 60 days. I may not even have an address for a month or two!

That's OK - you can just get everything sent to my address until further notice, I'll look after it all for you :lol:

the red with white diagonal stripe is used on a flag to warn boaters there is a diver in the water to keep them at a safe distance. a diver's flag.

rsg

And The Pink??