MICKEY DIVER MYSTERY MICRO GEOCOIN

E.N.I.G.M.A

So... if I understood well.... 3 versions exist now... the old one and these two... right?

WOW!!! they are lovely!!!

I think I saw either a red glitter or red pearl one. Perhaps in the Mailbox thread? :huh:

CF30

edit to add here: http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=111486&view=findpost&p=4614621

drneal's looks glittery...

Edited by Crowesfeat30

Hmm could it be that there is more than 1 new version? I received one in my mailbox today,too!

Thank you so much Mystery Sender!!! My envelope was to me /from me and postmarked Honolulu Hawaii!!

My Micky Diver is black nickel with transparent red enamel with tiny Mickey heads stamped underneath and a solid white enamel stripe.It is soooo cool.

02182011192-1.jpg

I just opened yesterday's mail and I also received one of these wonderful coins. THANK YOU Mystery Sender. I love the coin. The little Mickey "bubbles" are a great surprise detail.

Wow! I didn't know I knew myself in Hawaii and mailed myself something from there! :)

But seriously, imagine my surprise yesterday when I got an envelope in the mail that contained one of these super cool coins! I love the pink color. Thanks so much to the mystery giver- I'm honored to receive one!

Congratulations, everyone! Very nice! I love how these coins display the beautiful variety in texture options.

Is there a particular reason why the colours red/white are chosen, and why there is a diagonal stripe? I am just wondering if Mickey has secrets I'm not aware of ... or if these items come from the designer's creativity.

the red with white diagonal stripe is used on a flag to warn boaters there is a diver in the water to keep them at a safe distance. a diver's flag.

rsg

And The Pink??

artistic license.

I received one of these great coins this week, however my mom took one look at it and STOLE it!!! :rolleyes: That's OK tho, since I have the greatest mom in the world, I think letting her have a few of my coins that she really likes is the least I can do. I loved the great detailing of the Mickey heads in the background. It will have a special place in her small collection of coins. Thank you so much Mystery sender! :lol:

WOW!!!!! I'm humbled that I too recieved one this past weekend!! I have tried trading for one in recent weeks with no luck. My kids and I are sooooooo excited that it is part of our collection. We thank the mystery coin giver and congrats to others that have recieved one too.

Happy feet happy feet!!!!!!

I'm so excited and I just cant hide!!!!!!!

I have been remiss this past week in posting my good fortune. Mickey Diver finally came to stay! Yay! I got the bubbles version, with transparent red. I'll try to get a photo up soon. It looks lovely! Thank you Mickey Diver!

I guess now I owe a photo of myself in my Disney Store uniform, which I said I would post if I got a Mickey Diver or Goofy coin. Now where in the garage did I put that box with the sweater... :)

Ooohhh I love this coin. I love diving too, and I miss it so much since I moved to Texas. I hadn't even seen there was a new one out. Wolf's Song woke up hungry and he's sitting with me trying to get back to sleep. Mickey is his FAVORITE! Of course, he's 3 1/2 so it's almost a given that it would be in his top 10 anyway. LOL He spotted the picture and he was so excited. When I got to the red one he told "I want to buy that one mama, because red is my favorite color and it's your favorite color." In any given day his favorite color might change 3 or 4 times. He's also very fond of "Buzz Lightyear" green, but so far Buzz hasn't been a regular in his bed like Mickey is. We just wanted st say how cute we think your coin is.

Oh no, I got a damaged mail from the post office today!

a9bd5a08-27ee-4255-ae58-cd74677095bf.jpg

But all is well, and mickey was safe inside of there!

0c2d00a8-1a2c-4cfc-b0ae-f00b73299a4d.jpg

Thank you so much mystery sender! This was one of my most wanted coins for a long time!!

And an extra thankyou for the extra card and tape you used to send it too!

I have been a scuba diver for a long time. And when I was a kid we went to Disney every summer. Now we go less frequently than that, but I did get there about 2 years ago with a bunch of friends and family. And I also got to snorkel and dive with manatees on that trip.

Here is a picture from that trip:

669cd043-3879-4d23-9574-6c741363a02c.jpg

WOW!!! Congratulations to all lucky receivers!! :D

Sorry for asking... but... the circles... the small ones in one of the Coin variations... are from the design or from the colour??? they look like they are part of the design and actually... they look like tiny Mickeys!! :D

I had a beautiful translucent Mickey Diver turn up in my Mailbox on the day of the Christchurch Earthquake. It is a very beautiful geocoin. Thank you very, very much whom every you are out there in the islands!!! We love it.

But... I would like to ask if I can put it up for auction please? As it arrived on the day of the devastating quake I want to put it up for Auction to raise money towards the Quake Appeal. It's my only Mickey, but I think it's quite poignant to use if for this cause given the day it arrived.

So if someone who knows the mystery coiner could let me know if it is OK to auction my Mickey Diver please and thank you.

I had a beautiful translucent Mickey Diver turn up in my Mailbox on the day of the Christchurch Earthquake. It is a very beautiful geocoin. Thank you very, very much whom every you are out there in the islands!!! We love it.

But... I would like to ask if I can put it up for auction please? As it arrived on the day of the devastating quake I want to put it up for Auction to raise money towards the Quake Appeal. It's my only Mickey, but I think it's quite poignant to use if for this cause given the day it arrived.

So if someone who knows the mystery coiner could let me know if it is OK to auction my Mickey Diver please and thank you.

Thanks for the reply Mickey Diver and to the person who passed it on on their behalf :ph34r: . Thanks to Mickey Diver I have permission to list my translucent version on eBay for the Christchurch Earthquake Appeal and will be doing so in a couple of hours time. Will post a link here when it is up in case anyone is interesting in bidding.

(Just don't tell my son I am doing it as he will disown me. :lol: )

Thanks for the reply Mickey Diver and to the person who passed it on on their behalf :ph34r: . Thanks to Mickey Diver I have permission to list my translucent version on eBay for the Christchurch Earthquake Appeal and will be doing so in a couple of hours time. Will post a link here when it is up in case anyone is interesting in bidding.

will watch for this one!

It's set to list at 8.30PM PST... so not long now... :)

will watch for this one!

Right, the CHARITY AUCTION of one Translucent Mickey Diver Mystery Geocoin is now live on eBay...

Mickey%20Diver_400.jpg

This (above) is the geocoin that appeared in my mailbox on the day of the earthquake - so it is very special!!!

Please bid generously as 100% of final bid will be going to the New Zealand Red Cross Christchurch Earthquake Appeal. (I'm not doing it as a eBay Giving Works Charity Auction as they take 15 to 20% of the Auction price which is too much for my liking! Also the Red Cross are not taking any admin charges from donations to this appeal.)

I'm paying the auction and paypal fees myself and the postage, so 100% of the winning bid is what will be donate!!!

Click either the photo above or this link to get to the auction. Many thanks to Mickey Diver and to all of you for bidding... Oh, and if any other Mystery Coiners (or just others out there) have geocoins that they'd like to donate to the cause, please let me know. Thanks. :)

Craig

Edited by keewee

Right, the CHARITY AUCTION of one Translucent Mickey Diver Mystery Geocoin is now live on eBay...

Mickey%20Diver_400.jpg

This (above) is the geocoin that appeared in my mailbox on the day of the earthquake - so it is very special!!!

Please bid generously as 100% of final bid will be going to the New Zealand Red Cross Christchurch Earthquake Appeal. (I'm not doing it as a eBay Giving Works Charity Auction as they take 15 to 20% of the Auction price which is too much for my liking! Also the Red Cross are not taking any admin charges from donations to this appeal.)

I'm paying the auction and paypal fees myself and the postage, so 100% of the winning bid is what will be donate!!!

Click either the photo above or this link to get to the auction. Many thanks to Mickey Diver and to all of you for bidding... Oh, and if any other Mystery Coiners (or just others out there) have geocoins that they'd like to donate to the cause, please let me know.

Thanks. :)

Craig

This is such an awesome thing to do. So many people displaced from this. They deserve the help. Will try to bid.

Mickey%20Diver_400.jpg

Click either the photo above or this link to get to the auction. Many thanks to Mickey Diver and to all of you for bidding... Oh, and if any other Mystery Coiners (or just others out there) have geocoins that they'd like to donate to the cause, please let me know.

Thanks. :)

Craig

This is such an awesome thing to do. So many people displaced from this. They deserve the help. Will try to bid.

Thank you very much!!!

They think something like 35,000 of the people who've fled Christchurch will never return! Scary.

95%+ of the city has power again now (they hope to have it to 99% in the next day or so), but only 82% have water and few few have functional wastewater. An estimated 10,000 houses will have to be demolished, if they've not already been destroyed.

Mickey%20Diver_400.jpg

Click either the photo above or this link to get to the auction. Many thanks to Mickey Diver and to all of you for bidding... Oh, and if any other Mystery Coiners (or just others out there) have geocoins that they'd like to donate to the cause, please let me know. Thanks. :)

Craig

Closing very soon. So if you want to get in on this charity auction you'd better be quick!

So, yesterday I was expecting a trade of an item, well it rhymes with hashtag, and sure enough I got an envelope in the mail...but it was addressed to me. No biggie, and didn't think anything of it.

So I open it and it's taped very well to the envelope, and then I have to fight with thetape and cardboard around it, and then as I reach in, I pull out a coin sleeve

"Wow," I think, as I can't see what's in it due to a paper, "they went all out to protect this...hashtag..."

And then I flip it over, and see a translucent mickey diver.

"Huh....that's not a hashtag....OH MYGOODNESS! I got a Mickey Diver!!!"

so, to whomever sent it...THANK YOU!

I got confirmation today that the 1 package I was waiting for had been sent. So I was very surprised to find an envelope addressed to me from me with a postmark from Honolulu. I didn't mail myself anything from paradise, so I run inside and look at it again. Yeah, it is. So I carefully open it and find my very first mystery coin, a Translucent Mickey Diver. I don't even know what to say. Thank You so very much mystery giver. You made my day.

Aloha

Thank you Mickey mystery coiner!!!

Today I got an envelope from me, which was very exciting. It was a beautiful Mickey Diver... the one with bubbles! I get teary writing this. They say the mystery coins come when you need one - it's just so true for me right now.

Your generosity is beautiful and uplifting. Thank you!