Nevada Geocoin Update :(

ou8alizzard

It was today at 9:30PM Eastern 5:30 PM Pacific(Right now)the non-member lasted about 10 seconds, I missed it, I was trying to get my password to work on Members only, and it didn't, so I guess I missed out by being a member.

That was Illinois... Nevada is tomorrow night.

:unsure:

There are other things I'd rather do myself on a Friday night than sit around and reorder coins I already bought once. (Re)-selling these throught the Geocoinstore might be OK if they guarantee that no one will be allowed to buy more than their original order and that the option to buy will remain open for at least 24 hours.

I wouldn't want to contend with a repeat of the unpredictable Illinois coin sale. For one thing their clock is 6 minutes fast. I logged on to the site about 5 minutes till and found the sale already in full swing.

The people with the password will have all weekend to place there order providing that they do not sell out, so please don't share the password. Monday if there are any coins left the sale will open up to the public.

Thank you to those people who understand why we had to do it this way, we thought it was the fairest way in order to still make the coin and give those people who had already purchased coins a chance to fill there order.

For those that find this method and/or timing inconvenient, our apologies. Wew tried to find the best way to be fair to the most people.

Just think, a month ago there was no warning. A post went up that said "200 coins available to the first to post" and it was over in a couple minutes. Now there is at least a warning.

The people with the password will have all weekend to place there order providing that they do not sell out, so please don't share the password. Monday if there are any coins left the sale will open up to the public.

Thank you to those people who understand why we had to do it this way, we thought it was the fairest way in order to still make the coin and give those people who had already purchased coins a chance to fill there order.

This is good info, but you still haven't answered a core question that Maddie and I have: can coin clubs increase our orders as we have gained more members in the intervening months since we first ordered the coins? Thanks for advising us on this in advance, so I can place the correct order let my newer members know what to expect.

This is good info, but you still haven't answered a core question that Maddie and I have: can coin clubs increase our orders as we have gained more members in the intervening months since we first ordered the coins? Thanks for advising us on this in advance, so I can place the correct order let my newer members know what to expect.

Hydenseek and Maddie.......I would kind of think this question would be easy to figure out, but I am surprised that you haven't gotten an official answer.

My thoughts would be that if the order has been placed with the mint and coins are being minted based on the original number ordered that it wouldnt' be fair to increase your orders when you replace your initial order. Doing so would mean that others who originally purchased may not have the chance to because your group would be taking coins that weren't allocated to them. It sounds like the orders will be open for "reorders" of the first purchases all weekend. I would think the logical answer would be to order what you first ordered and then maybe those minting the coin could work with you sunday night or early monday (before the public sale opens) and possibly allow you to purchase additional coins after we have all had our chance to reorder over the weekend.

Of course that's just my opinion.

I'm pretty new to geocaching and have never touched a geocoin. I am a life long NV resident and was hoping to purchase a few of these to launch while on vacations. Is this coin just for collecting or is it like a TB?

Also, is there any chance some will be left after the preorder obligations are met or am I probably just wasting my time? If there is a chance of any being available, can you post the site or location I need to use to purchase?

Sorry to sound like a newbie but, we all gotta start someplace.

I have to agree with Outdoorlady, how is it fair to the people who didn't order coins to allow a coin group to expand the number of original coins that they placed due to new members? The new members are in the same group of people who didn't order or who are new to coins. If that is allowed, they need to just open the number of coins they are going to sell, period.

I'm pretty new to geocaching and have never touched a geocoin. I am a life long NV resident and was hoping to purchase a few of these to launch while on vacations. Is this coin just for collecting or is it like a TB?

Also, is there any chance some will be left after the preorder obligations are met or am I probably just wasting my time? If there is a chance of any being available, can you post the site or location I need to use to purchase?

Sorry to sound like a newbie but, we all gotta start someplace.

Email sent

I had placed an order for 3 coins in the original order. I receieved my refund and followed the directions to reorder the coin. Problem is that I had to go to work today before you could reorder the coins. I just got back home and tried to get my order in and there seems to be no way to do it. There is only one coin up for sale out of the four listed including the Nevada coin. I hope it isn't sold out! I thought that the cachers who had the original orders in would get first shoot at reordering the coins. If this is true then there should be coins available. No one should have beeen able to buy more than their original order until the deadline was met for reordering the coins.

I have to agree with Outdoorlady, how is it fair to the people who didn't order coins to allow a coin group to expand the number of original coins that they placed due to new members?  The new members are in the same group of people who didn't order or who are new to coins.  If that is allowed, they need to just open the number of coins they are going to sell, period.

Ditto...my feelings as well. If they want more coins...wait until the "public' sale and take your chances.

sorry...hydnsek :laughing:

I'm sorry outdoor lady but I wasn't paying $7.00 S&H on 2 coins so yes I increased my original order. I had debated long and hard about it and if things had been set up so that I could have placed my original order then that is what I would have done. Although I din't mind the shipping charges (actually reasonable) the $10.00 for having to place 5 different orders was hard to swallow.

And just to let the Nevada committee know I lost $40.00+ with their refunding due to the exchange rates changing so also feel cheated on that line as well.

Wishing you all a pleasant night

Lynn

Well, the coin doesn't appear to be available on the site, guess I missed out due to a geocaching event. I can definitely delete the email with my password.

They're on the site. Click on the buy coins link at the top and you should see the IL members coins and the NV. Clear your browser cache and then go. It doesn't even have the low quantity icon yet.

Well, the coin doesn't appear to be available on the site, guess I missed out due to a geocaching event. I can definitely delete the email with my password.

They're on the site. Click on the buy coins link at the top and you should see the IL members coins and the NV. Clear your browser cache and then go. It doesn't even have the low quantity icon yet.

Thanks to everyone who replied and sent emails. After trying two different PC's and 2 different browsers I found the problem to be ZoneAlarm. With the software disabled everything appeared as it should and I was able to order my 1 coin.

Edited by TMOCM

I'm not finding the Nevada coin, either, and I need to make the PCC repurchase. I only see the Team Desert Eagle and Fraher Family coins on the Buy Coins page.....HELP!! :laughing:

I have to agree with Outdoorlady, how is it fair to the people who didn't order coins to allow a coin group to expand the number of original coins that they placed due to new members?  The new members are in the same group of people who didn't order or who are new to coins.  If that is allowed, they need to just open the number of coins they are going to sell, period.

Ditto...my feelings as well. If they want more coins...wait until the "public' sale and take your chances.

sorry...hydnsek :laughing:

Well, actually....my 'new' members were formerly members of Nurse Dave's group, so they DID order previously as part of his Nevada purchase. If I can't buy for them....then they lose out on coins they originally were supposed to get. That hardly seems fair....

Abby, in the lower left window, you should see IL and NV. The other two coins you mention are at the top, look at the bottom.

If you have a firewall up, disable it. It may be blocking the java script that loads that window.

There is no scrolling or lower left window or anything else on the page.

It shows this error:

This page appears to be outside of its frameset. You must view the coin sales through the main site. Click here to go to the main page.

I think there may be an incompatibility issue with my Mac browser.....uh oh.