Nevada Geocoin Update :(

ou8alizzard

Ditto.

Is there anyone at paypal that I can spread some holiday cheer to? ;)

This is absurd (comment pointed at paypal).

While I do feel bad for this situation and the mess that is causing for the buyers and sellers. But the truth is the seller violated Pay Pal rules. What else could paypal do. ecspecially if they have paying customers that are complaining to them that they don't have product they have paid for? ;)

Ditto.

Is there anyone at paypal that I can spread some holiday cheer to?  ;)

This is absurd (comment pointed at paypal).

While I do feel bad for this situation and the mess that is causing for the buyers and sellers. But the truth is the seller violated Pay Pal rules. What else could paypal do. ecspecially if they have paying customers that are complaining to them that they don't have product they have paid for? ;)

I guess if it were just a few days over, that I wouldn't be very pleased with PayPal, but it has been something like 60 days and either the coins have not gone into production or are just going into production, meaning probably 4 more weeks. So I guess I kind of like the fact that PayPal is proactive to protect purchases. Though I am still looking forward to getting the coin.

Stuff Happens

I think the only other coin that's taken this long was the UK coin.  :lol:

For which, no money was taken until the dies were made and production and shipping was scheduled.

alex.

I support Alex here - we were on a preorder list for months, it seemed, but UKcoins never took money until shortly before the coins shipped. Good on them!

Now if you'd said "South Carolina", I'd be with you.....I've been awaiting that one as long as Nevada.....

Well, that's nice. Just received my refund and Paypal took its second currency conversion fee. Almost 10% lost! And another fee coming when I have to pay the coins again...

Just one way to make money. Thanks a lot to the people who complained! Next time think again, please.

this may be a solution...

http://www.geocoinstore.com/

In the hopes of taking some heat off the NV coin situation and at the risk of sounding commercial, I'd like to share that the full NV Desert coin design has been completed, reviewed with Geocaching.com, tracking codes are on order, and production of the proof will start next week after the New Year holiday.

We are working with the NV guys on the sale and will provide an access code that will be provided by email or other means to those who initially purchased the coins, giving you exclusive access to the sale for a period of time (period TBD).

The sale date has not yet been scheduled, but will be announced in the next 2 weeks once we know when the full production will be complete.

I think the only other coin that's taken this long was the UK coin.  ;)

For which, no money was taken until the dies were made and production and shipping was scheduled.

alex.

I support Alex here - we were on a preorder list for months, it seemed, but UKcoins never took money until shortly before the coins shipped. Good on them!

Now if you'd said "South Carolina", I'd be with you.....I've been awaiting that one as long as Nevada.....

For the record, I was just poking fun. I remember the pics of the UK coin being posted a LONG time before the coin was actually in hand/sold.

No offense was intended ;) . I love my UK coins!

Here is the proof of the coin we are working on having the sale of the coin start this Friday. We will open the sales up the everyone that had paid for the coin the first time around and give them until Monday then we will open sales to everyone

I saw the Nevada Geocoin sales mentioned at the Geocoin store. But why is the Monday-sale flagged member-only as you stated this would be open for everybody?? Or is this an error? :unsure:

Here is the proof of the coin we are working on having the sale of the coin start this Friday. We will open the sales up the everyone that had paid for the coin the first time around and give them until Monday then we will open sales to everyone

I saw the Nevada Geocoin sales mentioned at the Geocoin store. But why is the Monday-sale flagged member-only as you stated this would be open for everybody?? Or is this an error? :unsure:

This is the reason that it is flagged for members only. It is in this same thread a few posts up.

This is the reason that it is flagged for members only. It is in this same thread a few posts up.

Just thought the Monday-sale was meant for the left-overs after the first-buyers got their chance at Friday...

Just thought the Monday-sale was meant for the left-overs after the first-buyers got their chance at Friday...

the monday sales are for everyone

I got my password a couple of hours ago THANKS but staying up till 2;30 AM just to get something I ordered months ago I think you should have made some sort of consideration for previous orderers. I realize the time diffeence makes it difficult but this is ridiculous. almost tempted to announce the dang password! no prices no information on shipping NOTHING till I stay up or get up tomorrow night. I have asked before in forum, I have sent an email requesting information with absolutely no response regarding increasing order.

It might be easier for me to have someone else do it for me and add to it if they wish!

Come on now a little respect for the purchasers is not much to ask for.

Lynn

AG

I was only expressing the fact that the orders that had been taken before could be done by other means ie...an email stating that you were still interested and placing a reservation on a set number so they would still have an idea how many coins could be made public. If it were just for myself I would take my chances on Monday but I am ordering for 38 other people. Should we all stay up till all hours? Or should we only allow 100 at a time every hour so those who miss it the first time still have a chance? Now theres an idea for anyone who does not want to overload paypal....

What's the deal with playing games with passwords, deadlines, and websites.

I preordered months ago, kept track of the details weekly, and made comments to the threads.

Now, I find I'm locked out of a potential buy after all the hassle.

Gee, thanks--What were you think'n.

What's the deal with playing games with passwords, deadlines, and websites.

I preordered months ago, kept track of the details weekly, and made comments to the threads. 

Now, I find I'm locked out of a potential buy after all the hassle.

Gee, thanks--What were you think'n.

Never mind, brain F*&T

Edited by Cruiserdude