Nearest Caches

My nearest unfounds are a couple of webcam caches, both about 2km of me. I will get around to finding them sometime, when I can arrange for someone to be at a computer while I go there.

There's also a multi cache which starts 2km away, but will involve walking at least 10km. I'm tempted to go for it in the next couple of days.

I've just checked, and there's a total of 20 caches within 2 miles of my home coordinates.

My nearest according to the closest cache page is 267ft, although actually this is the coordinates for a parking space and not the actual cache. The next nearest is 413ft but this is just the start of a multi. My nearest 'real' cache is 1.3miles away.

Edited by dunos

My nearest unfound cache is about 600 feet away from home, but as I set it, I am unlikely to ever find it! The nearest unfound apart from that is 2.6 miles. We are in the middle of cache rich territory round my way anyway. I expect the figures to drastically change when several more escape from the starting traps this weekend!

:rolleyes:

Just for fun, i thought it would be interesting to find out how far away the nearest "yet to find" cache is from your home co-ords.

At present mine is 0.3 miles (beat that!). Although i suspect keen cachers will have a little further to travel!! :rolleyes:

Well Skate its about time you logged it then!!

I will be watching for you this evening,you know what i mean!! ;):lol:

16.0 miles. But this is on the Isle of Bute which involves a 30 minute ferry journey, so probably takes at least an hour (+£25 fare for car and driver). Still, I'm off to Bute this weekend to tidy up loose ends. If you ignore the island ones, it's 42.7 miles.

(+£25 fare for car and driver)

Only if you travel by yourself Pooter B)

I get it a bit cheaper :huh:

Of course if you don't want Angela and I showing you up.....then no more to be said! ;):lol::lol::lol::)B)B)

Team Ullium.

16.0 miles. But this is on the Isle of Bute which involves a 30 minute ferry journey, so probably takes at least an hour (+£25 fare for car and driver). Still, I'm off to Bute this weekend to tidy up loose ends. If you ignore the island ones, it's 42.7 miles.

What about 35 miles to Tarbet ?

Edited by Flyfishermanbob

33.5 miles :lol:

That's in London too so unlikely to get there for a while.

There doesn't seem to have been much activity around the Cambridge area for a while

When I first found out about caching I put my home coordinates in and got 0.4 miles, which was quite cool. (Obviously that's not 'new' any more :o

There's now one a bit closer at 0.1 miles - but that's one I've set!

Edited by jjn too

Never mind the nearest (about 18miles), I've just done a download of all my unfound caches in the UK from GCUK and I now realise I have over 4000 unfound caches to go :lol: (4003 to be exact).

Do you ever get the feeling you're on a treadmill? :o:D:o Still it's something to do over Xmas.

Edited by The Hornet