Consecutive Days Caching

We had the keenest cacher thread a few weeks ago where keen was defined as long term average number of caches per week and that made for some interesting reading. So the next question is........

Who's done the most consecutive days caching ie finding at least one cache a day without gaps?!?

Now theres a good target for some of you really keen cachers out there - one a day for a year!

I've just done the maths for this (which involved finally getting around to making notes of when I found what), and discovered that we found 9 caches across 7 consecutive days from 10th to 16th August, ending on the day of our 1 month anniversary as cachers.

Just click on 'my caches' on your main page and all the caches appear in date order !

Bingo, easier than the paper trail ! :lol:

I've just done the maths for this (which involved finally getting around to making notes of when I found what), and discovered that we found 9 caches across 7 consecutive days from 10th to 16th August, ending on the day of our 1 month anniversary as cachers.

Just click on 'my caches' on your main page and all the caches appear in date order !

Bingo, easier than the paper trail ! :lol:

*smacks forhead* I remembered seeing that it was only the last 30 logs at the top of the page, so I didn't look there, so I didn't see the 'all logs' link. D'OH

I've managed two non-stop caching marathons. One weekend in the summer 29th-31st July on the west coast of Scotland, 18 finds and 1 DNF. Some of these were multis and most of them involved good long walks.

But even better was 28th-30th May up in Aviemore on the weekend of the 2nd annual Scottish cache bash - 20 caches over 3 days and again, long walks for quite a few of them.

Not very long in terms of days, but I was certainly knackered after each one!

Edited by Firth of Forth
Surely this record must be held by Seasider!

:anibad: Probably not as I rarely cached at weekends!

I've had a few 5's, a 7 when I started out and if you include event caches a 7 during my most active week...

.....I attended the NW Xmas bash on Sun 14/12/03, went on my Watford tour the following 5 days during which I bagged exactly 100 caches and then came back to attend the Yorks Xmas bash on Sat 20/12/03. I then spent all the next day logging my finds! :lol::huh:

However, if I ever manage to get out on my proposed south west & south coast tour then the answer might be 14 or so! ;)

Cheers!

Seasider

P.S. I am not a numbers man!!

However, if I ever manage to get out on my proposed south west & south coast tour then the answer might be 14 or so!  ;)

South-West tour! You'd better give me some notice and I'll create an event for you to attend.

I had noticed the distinct lack of SW caches in your "found" list :anibad:

Edited by Stuey

Drat. If we hadn't taken the 7th of June off last year, it would have been 32 finds in 12 consecutive days. As it is, our two top records fall over those same days: 19 in 6 days, followed by 13 in 5 days.

I can't for the life of me think what we did on the non-caching day! Does it count if we revisited a cache... because the only photo I have from that day is right next to one of the caches we'd done in January.

Cheers,

Stu

And found nearly as many caches as we have in the whole of the UK :) :)

Ah, but he's only posted a fifth of the messages you've posted Brian! :) Is there a correlation here?? :D

By the way, whatever happened to that calendar on the "my account" page? That made it very easy to spot which days you'd been caching - but it disappeared some time ago now without explanation...

By the way, whatever happened to that calendar on the "my account" page? That made it very easy to spot which days you'd been caching - but it disappeared some time ago now without explanation...

The calendar now appears when you click the "Geocaches" found link from the My Account page

...this subject isn't dead yet! I have hunted down caches everyday since the 28th Feburary 2007 :laughing: What is the UK record to date (I see someone in America has clocked up over 600 consecutive days of caching - I'm not that mad and I do have a day job to do!)?

-GOLDPOT-

So the next question is........

Who's done the most consecutive days caching ie finding at least one cache a day without gaps?!?

Well it's certainly not me :ph34r:

The most "consecutive days with a find" I have managed is a feeble 3

The most trips I've managed in a month is only 9 :ph34r:

Current top ten list from Itsnotaboutthenumbers:

Consecutive Days With a Find Name Days Dates

Alibags 24 10/09/04 - 11/01/04

G Force 18 1/21/07 - 2/07/07

Stuey 17 2/12/07 - 2/28/07

Cache Hit 14 1/02/06 - 1/15/06

katiegremlin 12 7/16/04 - 7/27/04

markandlynn 12 7/30/06 - 8/10/06

allieballie 11 7/21/05 - 7/31/05

The Bolas Heathens 11 7/28/06 - 8/07/06

purple_pineapple 10 8/21/06 - 8/30/06

drsolly 10 2/17/07 - 2/26/07

Good to see two completely obsessed Scottish Cachers in that list!

My own is a paltry 7 days when on holiday in Portugal.

I missed just one day in February. If we had done one on the way back home from our caching trip abroad, I would have made it 28 days and 480 caches. Next time I must try harder :ph34r: I'm obviously lacking commitment :ph34r:

Cache Hit 14 1/02/06 - 1/15/06

katiegremlin 12 7/16/04 - 7/27/04

markandlynn 12 7/30/06 - 8/10/06

allieballie 11 7/21/05 - 7/31/05

The Bolas Heathens 11 7/28/06 - 8/07/06

purple_pineapple 10 8/21/06 - 8/30/06

drsolly 10 2/17/07 - 2/26/07

Good to see two completely obsessed Scottish Cachers in that list!

My own is a paltry 7 days when on holiday in Portugal.

Surely there must be a mistake, you mean to say that we don't have many obsessed cachers in the UK? It means I take the lead as I'm still counting...only 35 consecutive days of caching :lol:

P.S. FoF, did you enjoy finding 'Up Yours' cache recently?

Surely there must be a mistake, you mean to say that we don't have many obsessed cachers in the UK? It means I take the lead as I'm still counting...only 35 consecutive days of caching :lol:

P.S. FoF, did you enjoy finding 'Up Yours' cache recently?

It's not about the numbers requires participation, you need to upload your finds for it to analyse and display them.

Nice to see that their stats program seem not to be able to handle the "&" from Pengy&Tigger...

As could of sworn we did the record for most in a day with Mongers the other week... but no sign of us!?!!

And we have done the most counties too, which seems missing?!?

Tut tut, not a very good table at all me thinks

Pengy & Tigger

Nice to see that their stats program seem not to be able to handle the "&" from Pengy&Tigger...

As could of sworn we did the record for most in a day with Mongers the other week... but no sign of us!?!!

And we have done the most counties too, which seems missing?!?

Tut tut, not a very good table at all me thinks

Pengy & Tigger

Mongers' stats are up there, have you registered with "It's not about the numbers"?

It's not about the numbers requires participation, you need to upload your finds for it to analyse and display them.

Edit:-

Don't think it it anything to do with the "&" symbol as "Rich & Yvette" appear in the "Average Terrain Rating (Physical Caches)" table

Edited by Nediam