Free Geo-Hiking Staff!!!

I've completely deleted that photo and reloaded the new one, but the old one is still showing up. If I go to my profile it shows the new one.

There we go, It took logging out a couple of times.

[This message was edited by mogolloyd on July 23, 2003 at 07:59 AM.]

Ok it looks like we have a great competition going here. The time limit to sumit your avatar will be midnight Saturday July 26th. The voting will start on Sunday the 27th and run through midnight Wednesday july 30th.

You will be allowed to vote for 3 seperate people. (you can't vote 3 times for the same person) Also you can't vote for yourself icon_frown.gif

Voting will be by email. I will provide the address later before the voting starts. You can not vote unless you have posted to this thread in the fourms.

In the event of a tie, I reserve the right to make the final decision.

Any questions?

El Diablo

Everything you do in life...will impact someone,for better or for worse.

http://www.geo-hikingstick.com

[This message was edited by El Diablo on July 24, 2003 at 04:46 AM.]

For those interested, here's a higher res scan of the design, and a simulation of what it might look like on a penny:

63141_1500.jpg63141_1600.jpg

Oops! Those are bigger than I thought.

--Marky

"All of us get lost in the darkness, dreamers learn to steer with a backlit GPSr"

quote:
Originally posted by Cap'n Cache:

I'm very interested in seeing how this turns out icon_smile.gif

That Geo-Hiking Staff would look mighty fine with my other Geocachin' gear icon_wink.gif

...do you really think a geo hiking staff with my avatar on it will look good with your other geocachin' gear? icon_razz.gif

There's more than a hundred candidates! icon_frown.gif

It's going to be hard to vote without some kind of condensed ballot.

I think you should post a list of 20 or so finalists (picked by you or someone) so the voting will be easier.

I also think you (or someone) should include me on that list! icon_wink.gif

============="If it feels good...do it"==============

**(the other 9 out of 10 voices in my head say: "Don't do it.")**

quote:
Originally posted by carleenp:

I'll be out of town during the voting. Can I email my votes to your geocaching email tomorrow?

Oh, and I also like the donation idea, so if I win one, I'll make the same promise.

http://outbreakcorp.hypermart.net/animation/pokemon/pokeanim3.gif

[This message was edited by carleenp on July 23, 2003 at 08:00 PM.]

Yes.

El Diablo

quote:
Originally posted by sept1c_tank:

There's more than a hundred candidates! icon_frown.gif

It's going to be hard to vote without some kind of condensed ballot.

I think you should post a list of 20 or so finalists (picked by you or someone) so the voting will be easier.

I also think you (or someone) should include me on that list! icon_wink.gif

=============_"If it feels good...do it"_==============

**_(the other 9 out of 10 voices in my head say: "Don't do it.")_**

Sorry...but I'm not putting my neck on the chopping block. icon_rolleyes.gif

I gave a list of avatars as a guideline for you to go by. This isn't an exclusive list...merely a guideline. If there is like a 10 way tie...then we will narrow it down and re-vote on those.

El Diablo

I have been wanting one of your sticks for over a year now. The first time I saw them advertised on the site I told my husband it's a must have.

Just a simple pepper is all I am wanting.

oh, oh, oh, Pick me! Pick me! Pick me!

Pepper

icon_geocachingwa.gif

Horizontals where it's at!

quote:
Originally posted by SuperGenius:

I have been wanting one of your sticks for over a year now. The first time I saw them advertised on the site I told my husband it's a must have.

Just a simple pepper is all I am wanting.

_oh, oh, oh, Pick me! Pick me! Pick me!_

Pepper

I'll vote for you, I love peppers. icon_wink.gif

--Marky

"All of us get lost in the darkness, dreamers learn to steer with a backlit GPSr"

To help with the reviewing of avatars, I'll put up a web page that lists them all with their associated geocacher name. Anyone who wants their avatar to be included, e-mail me. I'll make the page display the avatars in a random order each time it is displayed so there won't be more views of the people at the top of the page. E-mail me the URL to the avatar and the URL to a fullsize version (if you have one).

--Marky

"Tanks," Markey, but being your basic computer illiterate, I'm not sure I can do that.

I know I could send an attachment through regular email, but I don't know how to do that through Groundspeak.

Can you please draw me a picture?...seriously.

============="If it feels good...do it"==============

**(the other 9 out of 10 voices in my head say: "Don't do it.")**

[This message was edited by sept1c_tank on July 24, 2003 at 09:15 AM.]

quote:
I know I could send an attachment through regular email, but I don't know how to do that through Groundspeak.

Right click on your avatar, then click *properties.* That will show the Groundspeak url of your avatar. Copy and paste the address into the email to Marky.

pokeanim3.gif

[This message was edited by carleenp on July 24, 2003 at 11:44 AM.]

quote:
Originally posted by Marky:

To help with the reviewing of avatars, I'll put up a web page that lists them all with their associated geocacher name. Anyone who wants their avatar to be included, e-mail me. I'll make the page display the avatars in a random order each time it is displayed so there won't be more views of the people at the top of the page. http://www.geocaching.com/email/default.asp?aid=63141 the URL to the avatar and the URL to a fullsize version (if you have one).

--Marky

That's totally awesome Marky. That'll make this much easier icon_smile.gif

Thanks, El Diablo, for a neat competition - and thanks, Yrium, for alerting the southwestern group to it. A personalized hiking stick - how great is that?! If I win (and I can't imagine that my suave and sophisticated visage wouldn't be selected for this honor), I'll even change the picture on my profile page to reflect my good fortune. Here's the current profile pic...

129252_500.JPG

Peace,

Radical Geezer

P.S. Guess I should note that the profile pic of me and the wife wasn't created for this competition - it's the only profile pic I've used. Just a bit of serendipity.

129252_300.JPG

[This message was edited by radical geezer on July 24, 2003 at 10:51 AM.]

[This message was edited by radical geezer on July 24, 2003 at 10:54 AM.]