Goin' Old School

tsunrisebey

I drew this design this past summer before GW6. I have been 'sitting' on it ever since (the one in my avatar). I wanted to make a new personal coin that had 'me' written all over it. I guess it's no secret that I am in love with Montana :D You get me talking about home and I won't shut up about it. I have been very fortunate to have lived and traveled around the world but when I leave, I just feel like I left my heart back here in the Rocky Mountains. I guess some things are just really tough to explain to people but it's just one of things you feel and doesn't always need words. If I'm not wearing my straw cowboy hat, it's sitting in my truck :D No dogs on the coin, they'll get their own, they don't need to share mine :)

Anyhow.... although my coin ain't round (sorry just can't get on board with that part; most of the time - for my designs that is); this will be the only personal coin I will have minted no matter if I cache for 1 more year or 30. That's why I took so long to have it minted, I would just look at it here and there, make sure I still loved the design and felt the same about it. Make sure I could live with it and still have it be 'me' when I was caching 5 years down the road. The only thing that will change about it will be the metal/color combos as the years go by and as needed. So I started off with gold/foggy gold and nickel/foggy silver with minimal color and not 1 lick of translucent, lol.

Introducing my 'TSUNRISEBEY-COWGIRL COIN' NONTRACKABLE and CACHE ONLY! That's right, going old school, I don't care how much I may love ya, you gotta come to Montana or hit a cache I hit in my travels in order to get one. Now, I'm willing to help a traveler out a bit by putting one in a cache if I know you're coming to town however, just be prepared to do a bit of climbing to get to it cause I don't cache in town and almost everything I have placed here is sitting in the mountains.

I was just so excited about this, I had to share a bit about it. Arriving in caches in January 2009. Yeee haw!

:anibad: I'll be writing a bit more on my webpage about the coin and some 'thoughts behind the coin' when I get a bit more time.

http://tsunrisebey.googlepages.com/iaminlovewithmontana

oldschoolfront.jpg

Oldschoolback.jpg

Edited by tsunrisebey

You put the most rocking quotes on your coins... congrats on the cool coin!

Thanks Chris!

I actually sat down and put my feelings about Montana to paper one day, came up with a short 'Ode' if you will. Then I decided to just take the 2 lines and drop the rest. I guess I felt it summed everything up. I figured for my personal it outta be something I came up with versus borrowing from another. Glad ya like it.

Edited by tsunrisebey
...The only thing that will change about it will be the metal/color combos as the years go by and as needed. So I started off with gold/foggy gold and nickel/foggy silver with minimal color and not 1 lick of translucent, lol..

how did you make that pink lipstick without that "lick" of translucent? :)

nice coin. i'll come a'huntin' next year when i head to helena and havre.

rsg

edited to add: oh wait, i forget there are other colours besides translucent! my bad. it is a very cool coin steph. i hear the badlands' caches calling for it.

Edited by RedShoesGirl

WOW!!! that is a fantastic coin!!! After the loving Tatanka coin...I see this... WOW!!!

I always loved your avantar and now I can see it being a coin....

Unfortunatelly I am far far far away from your loving place, so I do not think I will see it from close!!

I wish I could come.... maybe one day I will! you never know ow things come in the future! ... and now, except of the beautiful places to visit there is an other reason too! to find one of your coins! :)

Congratulations my friend!!!! really great work, great design....amazing!!! :D

I know what you mean about the mountains! I've never seen the Rockies south of the border, but I have loved every visit I made as a child to Alberta and British Columbia. But for me, my love is the ocean. I can't imagine living anywhere where I couldn't spend an afternoon on a beach (even if it is a chilly North Atlantic beach).

I love the sentiment though! Maybe if we win the lottery, the E&Cplus3 clan will buy an RV and go on a road trip! :) Google Earth tells me that Montana is somewhere between Lethbridge and Geocoinfest '09 :D

Awesome! I haven't been to Montana in about 10 years. Now I have a reason to go! :anibad:

I doubt I make it soon though... the closest I will be is S.Dakota for the holidays, then maybe Sturgis next August! I may have to call my non-caching muggle cousin up and send him after one of your caches after the spring thaw! He is in Kalispell and can get there quicker than I can.

Maybe I'll get lucky before then and find one around GW VII in a cache if you make it in May! :D

:D ....gotta get me one of them there cowgirl coins! :)

Hey! Let's meet-up at Glacier National Park or Waterton :)

Montana is great. I haven't been for awhile, but I remember camping in the middle of nowhere by a river. A cow came through my camp at night and made me fear for my life.

I also pulled over to check a map in the middle of nowhere and while I was there a UPS truck came flying out of nowhere and told me "you don't want to park there...you REALLY don't want to park there" and took off again!

The coin is great and really reminds me of the western world of Montana! Looking forward to trying to find one on my next trip.

tsun,

I been to Montana.

I followed in those famous steps of Lewis and Clark.

And I did find a few geocaches while there.

I even left some ARK-MO GEOCACHERS unactivated coins around a few.

Did you know that the only place there is a Benchmark named after Lewis and Clark is in the Big Sky Country?

Cut Bank, Montana,or as I call it Mountainana.

Anyway look forward to seeing it and it is awesome.

Thanks for sharing the images.

When we gonna have that GEO*Rodeo?

You put the most rocking quotes on your coins... congrats on the cool coin!

Thanks Chris!

I actually sat down and put my feelings about Montana to paper one day, came up with a short 'Ode' if you will. Then I decided to just take the 2 lines and drop the rest. I guess I felt it summed everything up. I figured for my personal it outta be something I came up with versus borrowing from another. Glad ya like it.

That's just so awesome :)