Which do you prefer?

Ble68

Oh! That depense!

If you want to "honor" a pet you have, or its memory, it will be good the coin design to be realistic!

If you want to show something funny etc, the cartoonish would be great!!!

both designs are made to show something! for example, if you want to make a coins for your dog....

if you want to show to the others how he looked, do the realistic.

If you want to show his character, of funny moments he had, or wyou had with him, do the cartoonish! :anicute:

I know I didn't help much! Sorry! I just placed what I believe about it! :D

I am working on a new design and want your input. Do you prefer animal coins that are realistic or cartoon like? I don't want to give to much info. on the design...

neither actually. cartoonish is sort of silly, realistic doesn't look real in a coin, colours can get muddy etc. - abstract or artistic, like the ones mentioned, earth turtles, are the best.

something that expresses how you see or feel about a species.

lara

Edited by RedShoesGirl

Realistic, or artistic like the 2008 Earth Turtles.

Beat me to it! That's just what I was going to say.

I agree with this. :D

I'd also would have to agree with this also. I would lean to the artistic versions though.

Or maybe cartoonish, even realistick would fit. It really depends how you are going to use the critters!

I would have to favor the realistic/artistic!

Oh! That depense!

If you want to "honor" a pet you have, or its memory, it will be good the coin design to be realistic!

both designs are made to show something! for example, if you want to make a coins for your dog....

If you want to show his character, of funny moments he had, or wyou had with him, do the cartoonish! :D

I know I didn't help much! Sorry! I just placed what I believe about it! :anicute:

I think this post is mentions my opinion, too :anicute:

Always a difficult decision, because it really depends on the overall theme or message of the coin. I think once you have that determined, it becomes clearer how you'd like to portray the animal.

A good example is the most recent Alaskan coins, that have a bear in a beautifully done 3D relief. Of course, there's a good reason to have a bear on this particular coin*, which makes the overall design perfectly appropriate in relation to the theme.

On the other hand, a coin that's made more for fun seems better suited to a cartoon animal. These usually work best in 2D, but there are some good exceptions like the 2008 Volunteer coins with Signal.

Regardless, have fun planning your coin!

*mKay, lemme explain: The Alaska state flag features the Big Dipper, which is in the constellation of Ursa Major, which means "The Big Bear". And uhm...yeah, there's also lots of bears in Alaska!

Oh! That depense!

If you want to show his character, of funny moments he had, or wyou had with him, do the cartoonish! :laughing:

I know I didn't help much! Sorry! I just placed what I believe about it! :laughing:

I think this expresses what I like too. I think it depends on what you are trying to do. What fits the theme best.

But I like all geocoins (just don't have the money for everyone of them)

I hope this helps.

kf4oox - Paul