I saw this earlier while looking for ICSTIS's logo, and it got me thinking, where did other people actually find their own logos?

Mine's a heavily edited 'BBC3' slug-thing from a BBC web site, inspired by my old icon/profile page image. I know some people use their kids' pictures, scans of caching stamps or scanned caricatures, but 'where did you get yours?' (if it's just a dull photo of you, what were you doing and where at the time?)

Came across ours when trying to design a calling card. It was black and white clip art so added the colours.

It represents the three children Krystal, Kelly and Aaron while our caching name "markandlynn" represents the so called adults in the team.

It has since gone on to be our stamp etc.

Our other avatar is a photo of the canal near our first cache hide

Suitable smiley for the angst free thread

:anibad:

Mine came from the OS website, and I edited it a bit. It's a picture which tells me how many 100km to add to the N and E co-ords of a BNG grid ref to get a 12 fig X-Y grid ref to use on streetmap or my work GIS. Before I found it, I had to keep looking at the corners of an OS map to get the numbers from the sides.

Mine is a little Kiwi that I found in a cache in New Zealand.

I thought it was cool at the time and I haven't found anything better.

The little Kiwi appears with travel bugs from time to time.

Here he is with a popular Milton Keynes travel bug.

f65de4c1-09b2-42c6-918e-0d7dd6bd0956.jpg

See ya...Gary

I spent waaaaaayyyyyy too much time in PowerPoint drawing shapes, adding text, etc. It doesn't look all that great as an avatar and I might have to come up with something else, but we have a larger version in our profile. We have variations for our wooden nickel and our cache log sticker as well as 'official' versions that have not yet been used. I keep them all in a PowerPoint file that can be cut-and-pasted as necessary.

I drew everything from scratch. Nothing in terms of pictures, etc. came from the official Pittsburgh Steelers football team except for a few ideas.

Those BBC things are called 'blobs' It's official, look at the BBC web page. There is all sorts of blob based fun to be had on there!!

My flying pig was drawn by cartoonist Hunt Emmerson, and I nabbed it from the Fortean Times website... however, I did ask the editor (who happens to be friend of mine) if it would be okay and he said yes.

Mine is heavily doctored from a scan of the original but the attribution is -

Milne Edwards, H. 1868-1874. Recherches pour servir a l'histoire naturelle des Mammiferes, Paris, Plate 11, fig. 1: Gerbillus unguiculatus, by A. Milne Edwards. Captioned "male, decouvert par M. l'abbe A. David, dans les plaines de Mongolie".

I asked someone to get me a pic of a "little Miss" to use, and I think it was Rutson that came up with this one... not sure though, so don't quote me on it...

The REAL originaltor will probably come along in a minute and start a nasty thread about me not giving them the credit for my avatar! ;-)

Mine is a little Kiwi that I found in a cache in New Zealand.

I always thought it was a womble? <_<

How topical am I.... <_<

Mine is an AMBIGRAM of my first name.

Anyone who's read the DaVinci Code will know that it's a font that can be read upsidedown.

If you stand on your head and read my Avatar it still reads EVAN.

Was it not Angels & Demons the prequel to the DaVinci Code that the ambigram was the hot topic?

My avatar came from here

My original one was a WeeMee generated through Friends Reunited and grabbed from the screen. My new one was taken by me with my phone when visiting a trig point in Edinburgh. I am kind of regretting the new one as people are starting to recognise me.

By the way the BBC 3 Blobs are great, my federate is the one with the glasses who “can do terrible dame to you”.

As I said in the wrong thread <_< Mine was used in an attempt to get some friendly football rivalry going but everyone on this forum is so polite nobody has bitten <_<

Shame we can't use moving avatars. I have seen some great ones on other forums and nicked a few just incase we can one day :ph34r:

:rolleyes:<_< Maybe if we wait a couple of weeks, we could have some banter going when or if the Mighty LEEDS make it back to where they belong in the premiership <_<:blink:

Come on you whites!!!

My '73 Land Rover Airportable (AKA Polly) flying the Yorkshire Rose flag:D

And it very nice too <_<

I asked a (admin)member of our Landrover forum to do a drawing of our cachemobile,Landrover Defender 110,then resized it to suit the forum...

Edited by The Great Defenders

Mine was taken on the Saddleworth Beer Walk, which is a fantastic 10 mile charity walk around Saddleworth, Yorkshire, punctuated by stops at 10 or so pubs.

And it's in fancy dress. That's me several years ago as a pirate. Sadly I can't go this year as it clashes with Carry On Camping <_<

Highly recommended if you're in the area.

I'm surprised the BBC didn't seek my skills for the new Dr Who series though, check out the realism on last year's cyberman costume...

cyber1.jpg

As I said in the wrong thread <_< Mine was used in an attempt to get some friendly football rivalry going but everyone on this forum is so polite nobody has bitten <_<

Shame we can't use moving avatars. I have seen some great ones on other forums and nicked a few just incase we can one day :rolleyes:

Sorry, no rivalry at all. Congrats to Chelsea on their 3rd title. Only another 15 to go to match The Reds, plus 5 European Championships, plus....plus.....plus.... <_<

(sorry for going off thread SP)

Edited by The Bongtwashes

Mine is simply a pic of my GPSr filched from the Magellan website with a picture of the tools of the (geocaching) trade pasted in the screen.

Occasionally I have used sheep's head,

71639_200.jpg

which I adopted during a time in the forum of some serious trolling, when we were all accused of being sheep.

Off topic, but it does not fit in the sig lines topic , at the same time I used the sig line: Two heads are better than one, even if one is a sheeps head!

Something a work collegue would say when he needed help to solve a problem. <_<

Mine is a picture of my freelander taken whilst camping at a VERY VERY cold campsite at the back of Llanberis during this year's Llanberis Mountain Film Festival (LLAMF). It's the first time I'd used it in deep snow and was really pleased to make it up the farm track into the hills, and across the camping fields. I added the Groundspeak 'squares' in Photoshop 7.

2d4f0ac2-77ed-4a9f-85b2-7d9f3fdecb01.jpg

<_<

Edited by Team 'James W'