What Was In Your Mailbox Today!

Cornerstone4

:antenna: I have used these envelopes and haven't had any problems, my local postmaster pointed out that the envelopes state that the custom forms (the green labels) aren't necessary unless the package is over 1 pound. Hope this helps.  :angry:

I asked for the customs forms when I picked up some GPM envelopes and the clerk told me the same thing.

I go to the same post office and some of the clerks insist on using the forms and others don't. You are correct that the package does need to be 1lb or more to require a green form, BUT you would be amazed how many postal clerks are clueless of their own rules. I just put them on all my coins regardless, list as "other", token/novalty and value is either $0-$5 depending on how many coins are in the mailer and what country it is going to.

I am not even sure what to say about what arrived in my mailbox today. :angry:

My wife brought in just one bubble-wrap envelope and told me she thought it might be a coin from the "Jon" that I was secretly hoping for but that the first name on the return address label was "Johnnie". That's when I went a little pale. I had donated blood in the last 24 hours, so I went pale rather quickly. Before I sat down in order to avoid falling down she handed me the envelope. Sure enough, the return address was from Johnnie Lacy in Georgia. I know I have been doing a lot of trading, but I am sure I would have remembered arranging a trade with the Old Geezer himself! :antenna: Especially since I knew he didn't do mail trading.

As calmly as I could I opened the envelope and unwrapped the contents to find not 1, but 2 coins! I am glad I was already sitting down. 1 coin was epoxy coated and numbered 147, which I am pretty sure is the original 2005 coin. The 2nd is a shiny gold coin numbered G19-06 which I am pretty sure is a 2006 edition of the coin (and no epoxy so I can put my fingerprints all over the nice cool metal!).

I may not have an Indy Diver, Cap'n Prozac or Team Fisur coin, but I have 2 Johnnie Lacy coins from The Man himself! :wub:

I tried finding his geo-handle to no avail so that I could thank him directly. So Johnnie, if you're reading the forums THANK YOU!! This is the best late-Christmas present ever!

I need to go catch my breath.... And then package up a couple of coins as a thank you.

That is way cool!

For myself:

I have gotten

1 Son/Cyclops coin (so now I have 2 of them -- having two Cyclops eyes is fun)

1 Mt. McKinley (I like mountaineering -- so I'm very happy on this one)

2 Fox and Hound Tokens -- I am very impressed with these...very

Post marks were from the 12th of Dec to the 20th of Dec -- gotta love the Christmas mail rush!

Today was great.  :wub:

1 JoeMerchant

1 Protechcc the Alien Cacher

1 VIGPS

2 Delaware (one of each kind) for my collection

and 1 Delaware that will soon be turned loose in the wild somewhere in the Calgary area.

Have you found the "Coin cache" yet? :angry: -- It's pretty crowded in there, but I'm sure there'd be room to squeeze one more coin in :antenna:

Not yet but I'm heading out this weekend and I was planning on putting a couple of coins I have in there. Just to fatten the cache you understand. :mad:

It wasn't actually in my mailbox since UPS delivered it, but I picked up the silver USA Geocoin today :laughing:

Looks like you were the first to get yours. ;)

I have about 20 left here that I'm finishing up tonight to go out UPS tomorrow. MOST of you that ordered should have e-mail notifications with your tracking numbers but there may be a few we missed putting in that information.

Hope you like the coin. I was really pleased with the mirror like shine!

It wasn't actually in my mailbox since UPS delivered it, but I picked up the silver USA Geocoin today  :laughing:

Looks like you were the first to get yours. ;)

I have about 20 left here that I'm finishing up tonight to go out UPS tomorrow. MOST of you that ordered should have e-mail notifications with your tracking numbers but there may be a few we missed putting in that information.

The coin is fantastic and it has a great presentation velvet case. You guys did an outstanding job on this. Thanks a million!!

It wasn't actually in my mailbox since UPS delivered it, but I picked up the silver USA Geocoin today  ;)

Looks like you were the first to get yours. :)

So that was what that email was about... :laughing: Glad to know I got one and that it's on the way!!!! Thanks!!! Will keep an eye out for the UPS Truck tomorrow~

yankee oscar uniform  hotel alfa victor echo  tango oscar  bravo echo  mike india lima indai tango alfa romeo yankee  tango oscar  uniform november delta echo romeo sierra tango alfa november delta ;) .

November oscar tango november echo charlie echo sierra sierra alpha romeo india lima yankee

;)

I wanted to put more about the GD but I good thing I did'nt ;) . I better start using acronyms now. Next time I will use the ANCD. Charlie Mike

RTE Nissan to Toyota BLACK...AIF contact with IED in road. SAF in area. IA and IP in sector.

Edited by Cav Scout
yankee oscar uniform  hotel alfa victor echo  tango oscar  bravo echo  mike india lima indai tango alfa romeo yankee  tango oscar  uniform november delta echo romeo sierra tango alfa november delta ;) .

November oscar tango november echo charlie echo sierra sierra alpha romeo india lima yankee

;)

lima oscar lima

Does it mean, "Just Kidding Dumb A**?"

I heard that there were a bunch of UXO's right near the FEBA, and that the CAS aircraft are only capable of doing AI which won't help the GI's at all!! They might want to use the GPS, exept that OCONUS there are problems with mapping and only POTUS (aka CINC) has the ELINT we would all want! I guess RHIP, huh? It would be great if we could get the SPMA reset on the UAV and send either the RQ-1, the MQ-1, or the UCAV system in to get the EEI's we need prosecuted on these targets.

V/R,

^V^

I heard that there were a bunch of UXO's right near the FEBA, and that the CAS aircraft are only capable of doing AI which won't help the GI's at all!! They might want to use the GPS, exept that OCONUS there are problems with mapping and only POTUS (aka CINC) has the ELINT we would all want! I guess RHIP, huh? It would be great if we could get the SPMA reset on the UAV and send either the RQ-1, the MQ-1, or the UCAV system in to get the EEI's we need prosecuted on these targets.

V/R,

^V^

;):):D;);):);):P;)