What Was In Your Mailbox Today!

Cornerstone4

Anyone waiting on a coin from me, please be patient. Had an accident last week and landed in the hospital having tore all the ligaments in my right arm. Trouble writing and typing and didn't get to the Post Office. Plan to get coins in the mail tomorrow when the PO opens back up. Sorry for the delay! <_<

That'll teach me to try and clean my own gutters!

Sorry to hear you hurt yourself. :angry: Hope you get well soon. Take care of yourself. B)

As today is my birthday I was really happy to find lots of envelopes with coins in them awaiting me in my mailbox.

Mystery Santa coin (the best birthday present ever!) ;)

Rhode Island

GOWT 2006 pewter

Ohio 2005

Georgia Peach

Thanks to all those I traded with.

Something else I have noticed lately. When people send their coins in Global Priority Mail cardboard envelopes, there is a green tag on the envelope that gives a value to the coins being sent out.

It seems Customs look into these and then charge a customs fee to the delivery of the envelope. The last one I received, I was charged $12.47 customs fees. ;) OUCH. :)

All regular bubble-pack mailers that I have received so far have never been charged customs and all have arrived without being lost. The ones I send out are also marked NOVELTY TOKENS on the bottom left of the envelopes so there is no amount written anywhere.

Just wanted to let all you guys know, when you send coins to Canada. :rolleyes:

Big JohnP

Edited by Big JohnP

Hi GBOTS,

No, it was not. It was some that came in some other times. When I mail mine out, I always go to the Post Office counter to have the postage put on them instead of dropping them in a regular mailbox, but I just don't put a value on the bubble-pack mailers. Just Novelty Token, and they have always gone through with no values noted on them. If they ask me what the value is, I just tell them "maybe a few dollars, it's just a token". Just so that people know. :rolleyes:

Edited by Big JohnP
Something else I have noticed lately. When people send their coins in Global Priority Mail cardboard envelopes, there is a green tag on the envelope that gives a value to the coins being sent out.

It seems Customs look into these and then charge a customs fee to the delivery of the envelope. The last one I received, I was charged $12.47 customs fees. :rolleyes: OUCH. :)

All regular bubble-pack mailers that I have received so far have never been charged customs and all have arrived without being lost. The ones I send out are also marked NOVELTY TOKENS on the bottom left of the envelopes so there is no amount written anywhere.

Just wanted to let all you guys know, when you send coins to Canada. ;)

Big JohnP

Ya....I just call them "Novelty Tokens" as a "gift"........value $2 US. I figure that is a small enough amount not raise any flags.

Haven't gotten any bad reports yet.

I got a relativly low numbered Vacman coin today. A bit large, but a really great looking coin. Can anyone tell me something about them? I hear there's 2 different series/editions of them.

I got no coins in the mail today, but I do recall something about the Vacman coin having little red diamonds in the outermost gold ring (my version has these, which I think is V2). I believe that version 1 does not have these red diamonds.

If you could do a search - you would find photos of both deep in this forum.

:D I have used these envelopes and haven't had any problems, my local postmaster pointed out that the envelopes state that the custom forms (the green labels) aren't necessary unless the package is over 1 pound. Hope this helps. :D

It seems Customs look into these and then charge a customs fee to the delivery of the envelope. The last one I received, I was charged $12.47 customs fees. :o  OUCH. :mad:

Just wanted to let all you guys know, when you send coins to Canada. ;)

Big JohnP

same thing for me today :angry:

a customs bill of 13.74$ with a USPS Global Priority Mail cardboard envelope :(

Yes, for Canada use regular Yellow bubble-pack envelopes.

on the Custom Green tag, if you are nice :wub: , notched «Gift» and write a small prize and the «NOVELTY TOKEN» for description

this changes nothing for you, but it is a whole difference $$$ fo us! :antenna:

Thank You!

:antenna: I have used these envelopes and haven't had any problems, my local postmaster pointed out that the envelopes state that the custom forms (the green labels) aren't necessary unless the package is over 1 pound. Hope this helps.  :angry:

I asked for the customs forms when I picked up some GPM envelopes and the clerk told me the same thing.