Finding 50+ in one day? :D

Finding 10+ Multis in one day? :D

Getting married to another geocacher? :lol:

Skipping work to go caching? B)

Got a FTF for the first time? :P

Went out on a -35 degree day? :blink:

Whatever you want!!!!! ;)

Keep it geocaching related!! :tongue:

Myself and another cacher arrived at the site within minutes of each other. I had met this person once before in the field and I know he's experienced. He's got over 1,200 finds to his name. Well, we arrived and began the hunt. Guess what? I found the micro first! I couldn't believe it! I then stood back while watching him hunt. Another minute or two and he found it. I was so impressed with myself. I have only 79 finds.

Heck, after flipping a truck end-over-end 7 times without a seatbelt and breaking my neck, I'm just proud to be alive and able to geocache! :lol:

Oh, and I made out with that Laura chick in the 3rd grade....... :blink:

Oh crap, was it in the first semester? I bagged her in the third semester and if you were before me I'm going to cut my lips off. :tongue:

On topic: Dream Cache was my most difficult and satisfying find. The full story will be in next month's Today's Cacher.

Heck, after flipping a truck end-over-end 7 times without a seatbelt and breaking my neck, I'm just proud to be alive and able to geocache! B)

Oh, and I made out with that Laura chick in the 3rd grade....... :D

Oh crap, was it in the first semester? I bagged her in the third semester and if you were before me I'm going to cut my lips off. :D

On topic: Dream Cache was my most difficult and satisfying find. The full story will be in next month's Today's Cacher.

<trying to get a mental image of Criminal without lips> :D

<ok, now I have it> :blink::lol:;):P:tongue:

Ditto what Cannonlaw said! ;)

I'm proud to have stayed out caching past midnight for three straight nights with Team CHB in Nashville last month. :blink:

I'm proud to have gotten up before most of Florence to climb 463 steps for the Stairway to Heaven 2 cache. The view was worth the climb even if there wasn't a cache to find. :P

I'm really proud that my Method to My Madness cache has spawned several clones, including the OP's Fat Rat. :lol:

Of course I was inspired by something I saw in the Forums. :tongue:

I'm proud of my cute daughter, LOL. But besides that... hmm...

Fave Locationless:

I'm proud of my "Whispering Giants" locationless find. Only one in Alabama!

Fave Multi:

FTF on the "BubbaVinci Code". Best. Ever. Very, very clever hide.

to name some of my "proud" moments!

I made a friend while hunting a cache a while back.

440341_200.jpg

So what's to brag about? I stopped before I stepped on him. :tongue:

Also of note: I have found several caches in close proximity to water without demonstrating my well-developed ability to fall in. Against all odds, I've even successfully crossed over rivers and streams without getting wet in the process.

I know it isn't anything major for most people, but you just don't know about my amazing water-seeking tendencies...

Stuff like this:

Log This One.....

March 30, 2003 by BabyHope (5 found)

This one was awesome! Great hide.

Don't Let It Stump You.....

April 13, 2003 by CCCooperAgency (4690 found)

Only Jesus could have done a better job!

April 15, 2003 by Klatch (348 found)

This cache is extraordinary. With all the work you put in to preparing your caches, I think you should give less clues to make them harder to find. Congratulations on this one.

May 24, 2003 by oc1rick (328 found)

Way cool container. Too much hint for such a cool container.

May 22, 2003 by gps_dan (304 found)

Found it. Another great container!!

G. C. Phome Home.....

April 24, 2003 by CCCooperAgency (5438 found)

Yoo-hoo! Came home from Pulaski's new one & before we could 'chow' down, saw this one & out we went... Thanks for a REALLY cool cache!!! You did it again!!!

April 25, 2003 by Klatch (375 found)

You have established a reputation for the quality of your caches that is going to be hard to maintain - but please keep trying!

September 7, 2003 by Mocadeki (265 found)

...the cache owners have some creative ideas for caches.

October 24, 2003 by true_indigo (169 found)

What fun... Rgbisme called me over to the cache and I just laughed and laughed.

October 24, 2003 by rgbisme (186 found)

We will remeber the fun we had here for a long time to come.

September 14, 2003 by spitwinkle (415 found)

i love the rig in the container though. awesome! i couldnt stop from playing with it one more time b4 i put the container back.

September 13, 2003 by robert (310 found)

Neat surprise when opening the container.

Hmm...

What do you want to brag about? Finding 50,100, 200,250, 500, 1000, etc.

Found beyond that (barely), but find count is nothing to brag about. Different people have different amounts of time to spend

Finding 50+ in one day?

Yes, we've done that, but you have to plan for it - go to a cache rich area that you generally know (for driving around) but that you haven't cached in before. In our case, Sacramento.

Finding 10+ Multis in one day?

Never tried doing that. I have no idea if we've achieved it.

Getting married to another geocacher?

Like many folks on the forums, I did marry another Geocacher - we just didn't know it at the time! [<_<]

Skipping work to go caching?

I've not skipped work, because I think the concept is not right, but I have taken scheduled vacation days with the intent of going caching during that day.

Got a FTF for the first time?

We finally did that. It took us a long time... so we are proud of that.

In general, our "proud" geocaching moments are typically finding a cache quickly that others have said was hard to find, or finding a cache after a series of other no finds.

-Jif

Went out on a -35 degree day?

Edited by TeamJiffy
i just found my 100th cache and thought i should get a pat on the back. is there anything official that happens on milestone finds?

djwini

Congrats on find number 100! The next 100 are easier believe it or not.

I merged your topic into Kitch's Bragging Rights topic. This is where the post belonged.

i just found my 100th cache and thought i should get a pat on the back. is there anything official that happens on milestone finds?

djwini

On your next post you will now be a "Geocacher" (look under your avatar)

I thought you got that after the 100th forum post? :lol:<_<

This is how I celebrated my 100th find in April 2003. You can make what you want of the milestone finds. Some people get a giggle when the odometer rolls, others don't even notice.

I am proud that my team's very first hide stumped so many people. It was amazing to us that expert cachers (with well over 200 finds, etc) couldn't find this cache! People were going back two and three times to find it!

Although it truly bums me out that the cache was stolen. I didn't care about the items in the cache but it would have been so nice to have the logbook from our first hide. There were no TB's in it either, and that's a plus.

Here it is:

RIP Lucky Loot!

Maybe this doesn`t constitute as a "bragging right',but just today I spotted a small park & decided to place a cache in it.I start walking in the obvious lesser traveled area,& begin looking for a suitable home,when I stumble on an existing cache! I had it downloaded, but didn`t bother to check if there were any caches in the area(DORK).I thought it was pretty cool though,since I was thinking along the same line as the original hider! So I logged it as a find,even without my GPSr! :lol:

Well lets see here.

Broke through the 1300 finds a while back.

I went three for four today. All three being FTF as was the one I missed would have been.

I made THIS CACHE and then figured out a way to make it better.

I completed THIS CACHE to get dinner.

I have made a lot of friends at the event caches and brought a few people into the game.

But I have to say that being married to the same gal for 30 years - and She was the one who suggested we head for Boise and cache hunt for our anniversary - is something I like to brag about.

logscaler.