When Nature Calls!

Criminal

While you're geocaching, you suddenly feel the urge, do you just go there on the trail, or do you make a run for the proper receptacle? 

#1________________

#2________________

I will hold it at home just so I can do it on the trail.

:) So, I guess we can all assume that you don't wait untill you're finished showering too. Huh? :(

Sn :P:P gans

On one hunt, I almost "went" on the cache. (my coords were 100' off- settling down)

This is one of my biggest problems when caching with Murasaki (daughter). She's ALWAYS got to go just about time we get out in the woods, and , well, she's a girl, and well, they are kind funny about that sometimes. Oh well, another short hunt. :P

Edited by ChurchCampDave

1.) I'm well rehearsed in the art. ie. the standing out in open looking thoughtful and bemused stance, or the leaning over the bridge or boat rail to get a better look at the water pose.

2.) You don't wanna know. I do usually wait till I'm on level ground (usually), otherwise I back peddle. :P

No girls biting on this one?

I have this THING about public restrooms that is probably deserving of some time on a psychiatrists couch... otoh, unless I've had a frighteningly large number of Coke's it's a safe bet I can cache from dawn to dusk and still make it home before having to visit a loo.

This is not to say that I've never ducked below a bridge after having some libations and then hopping on my bike to ride some miles down a terribly bumpy dirt trail in the forest somewhere. Oh no.

I do try to refrain however, as it's certainly more ladylike to wait. (And I'm all over that ladylike stuff...)

My 4y old, however... I tell you what, she's pretty much out there caching with me just so she CAN use the wooded facilities. We usually ask that she step off the trail and face downhill. She usually tries to find a very small bush or tree to hide behind.

-=-

m

On one hunt, I almost "went" on the cache. (my coords were 100' off- settling down)

Reading this reply reminded me of the time that I had just given up on finding a cache when I stopped to get rid of the morning coffee. As I was doing my business, I looked down and there was the cache hidden in an old tire. Here is my log from the cache. Rocket Man

I like not knowing that someone has not been there Just hours before me, I like to think that maybe I am the first one there. But Parking at the end of a road to hike or on the trail I am disgusted to see little bits of TP With or without brown blobs melted in the rain!

I wish everyone would just scuff the ground with their feet and then turn and cover like a cat does.

I'll bite (as did you, thank you BTW for reminding the men that there are women here!).

I actually don't care much and will "go" when needed. Sure, I prefer a clean toilet seat, but hey, when you gotta go, you gotta go. If that is miles into a hike, well.... so be it. I have plenty of experiences finding a place in the woods. I do, however, tend to carry some tp in my pack, that makes things a little more hygenic. Us women don't have it quite as easy as you guys! Just try a deep squat (it will work your quads nicely, hence making them more "manly") while keeping your clothes out of the way (good ab work there too). That is a challenge at times!

I'm not sure I understand, could you be a bit more specific?! 

Of course you don't understand! :P

Also of course, I figure that you are just seeking an explanation from me that would betray my good girl character. But I really am a "good girl!"

:P

Edited by carleenp
I suppose this gives a whole new meaning to the term Logging A Cache.  ;-)

I've cached a few logs. Just make sure that isn't posion ivy!! As far as recycling coffee, when ma nature calls ya have to answer.

Edited by tyerod

I'll bite (as did you, thank you BTW for reminding the men that there are women here!).

I actually don't care much and will "go" when needed. Sure, I prefer a clean toilet seat, but hey, when you gotta go, you gotta go. If that is miles into a hike, well.... so be it. I have plenty of experiences finding a place in the woods. I do, however, tend to carry some tp in my pack, that makes things a little more hygenic. Us women don't have it quite as easy as you guys! Just try a deep squat (it will work your quads nicely, hence making them more "manly") while keeping your clothes out of the way (good ab work there too). That is a challenge at times!

Hmmmmm, I sense a whole new line of workout videos coming out? :P

I will head off the trail to an appropriate spot, but yes I have 'gone' in the woods. #2 has to wait however.

One time, we were doing a cache that was in the woods behind a park. Part-way into the woods, we noticed the remnants of a campfire still burning. Well, this is not the place a camp fire should be burning. Nobody was around. Since I "had to go", I told my cachemates at the time to walk the other way, and I took care of the fire, and #1, at the same time :P:P

We then logged the cache and got the hell outta there!

One interesting thing I've learned from the "Leave no Trace" folks is that it's bad to pee against a tree. Deer are attracted to the salts and can damage the bark of the tree.

Where do the 'Leave No Trace' wackos think animals pee? They've got 'salts' too!

To answer the original topic:

1. Out in the open like the animals do :P

2. If I can't catch a bunny, I'll find an appropriate building designed for that purpose.

Two anecdotes...

First, I used to hike w/a group that'd do about 5 miles at local parks. Half way through would be a "separation break". The girls would wait for the guys to pass and get well ahead, then everyone would do their business and we'd wait for 'em to collect themselves and catch up. I don't know if the gals posted a lookout, but I always wondered what reaction would ensue if another hiker passed through our group while said activity was taking place.

Second, from an old Reader's Digests, a woman was at a ski area and had to go extremely badly (must not have been a lodge up top). She skied into the woods, lowered clothing to her ankles, took care of business, then started to slide! The woods ended where two trails merged together below and that's where she ended up!

Enjoy,

Randy

We have this place in town here (smalltown) that is only open from spring to fall. It's a fish and ice cream place. Yeah I know, what a combo, but that seems to be a common thing around here that we have found, besides a donut place on every corner. But one night we decided to drive up for ice cream. I stayed in the car with our little one while my wife, her friend and our son went to the window to order. While sitting there a couple of Harley Davidsons puleld up, with a man and a woman riding them. After they dismounted the bikes you could tell it was kind of a date for them. Well the lady had to go to the bathroom and looked around and didn't see the porta potty on the right side in the back. There was a dark area (was right at 9pm) to the left. She stepped up near the window and grabbed some napkins and proceeded around the corner to the left and told the guy to keep a look out. Well he was being naughty and kept turning around to see if he could see her, oblivious that I was sitting there and watching him, when all of a sudden a car pulls up right in front of him with their headlights on. He got really nervous then because the lights were shining i the area of where the lady was.He didn't know what to do that it was so funny. The lady emerged from the corner as if nothing happened. Went up to the counter to realize that they were not serving anymore food as it just turned 9pm and they were closing. She was "pissed" none the less... :rolleyes: