British Bulldog Geocoin

studlyone

I am just about finished designing a 2006 British Bulldog coin that I will be getting minted at the end of next month if I can get enough interest in it so I am trying to find out just that.

Is anyone interested in one?

They will be produced to the following spec:

The Bulldogs head will be 3D and bare metal

The flag colours will be enamel with the writting round the side as raised text over black enamel.

The back features a quote from Winston Churchill (the British Bulldog is synonymous with him), the geocaching logo in colour and tracking code for geocaching.com

The quote round the bottom of the back face can be roughly translated as "Evil be to him who evil thinks" - a fitting warning to anyone thinking of pocketing the coin from a cache :wub:

The location of my first ever geocache find is also on the back of the coin - its a great cache so check it out.

The coin will have its own icon here on geocaching.com (still need to clear the design for both with them)

It will be available in antique gold, antique silver and a limited edition of black nickel - these will be kept for trades.

If I can get enough interest then I will go ahead and order it so what do you guys think?

Ian

PS Sorry about the message splashed across the middle of it but I don't want anyone stealing the pic to use themselves.

coin1.jpg

Edited by studlyone

I like it. Just one question tho... why not put your geonick on it?

LOL I hadn't even thought about doing that. I will probable remove the "Best of British" bit on the back and put my name there.

Thanks for the advice.

Thanks to everyone else who took the time to comment about the coin. I wanted to know if anyone would be interested in one of them before I order some as its a huge outlay for an individual.

Ian

Thanks for the comments,

I am getting in contact with a number of manufacturers but I haven't gone firm on any particular one yet. Plus I am saving like mad to afford the first run of 250 coins :wub:

I think it will probably go for around the $8/£5 mark but distribution is going to be the thing as I am from the UK and I am looking to find a way of getting some of them sent to a dropship company in the states to keep P&P as low as possible for anyone stateside whilst getting the rest sent to me so I can take care of things on the European front.

I agree with you on the geocaching logo and have now shrunk it down a bit as you can see below.

My nick is now added to the top of the rear side.

Thanks again to everyone for your comments.

Ian

coin1.jpg

Edited by studlyone

Once I place the order for them I will close this thread and open a new one to let everyone know. I will also let everyone who has expressed an interest on here know about it by pm so they get the option of getting hold of one.

I should have the funds ready to go next month and I am just waiting on a couple of quotes coming in now.

Ian

Edited by studlyone

Thanks for the comments guys, it has certainly put my mind at ease about forking out all that money up front for something that only I would ever use - 500 geocoins into the local caches would soon wind everyone up LOL.

I will keep everyone posted on the project as it developes.

Thanks again.

Ian