What Have You Seen?

No picture for my best. We were in the Arco desert just after a thunderstorm and there was a Rainbow. This one was small, we (Arkinn in the geocaching world) could see both ends. Just for kicks we decided to get a person to stand at the end of the Rainbow. Just in case there was a pot of gold. Since when you move the rainbow moves I had to direct Arkinn to stand in one of the ends the ends that I could see. The rainbow really was that close. He got to the end and alas, the Pot of gold must of been on the other end.

That was one heck of a day. No camera though so the only photo is in my minds eye.

Here is a few pics from our hike up to Mt. Charleston Peak for a cache:

About 3 miles in:

442422_700.jpg

The meadow along the ridge top:

442422_800.jpg

The peak in the background: (this pic is 6 miles into the hike already)

442422_500.jpg

Wreckage of an WWII era cargo plane:

442422_300.jpg

Flowers among the wreckage:

442422_400.jpg

BTW, we were the first fools to find this cache <_<

Shannon

Edited by VegasCacheHounds

Here are some photos from our trip to California in February of this year. I tried to log Alcatraz as a locationless but I couldn't. :ph34r:

A view from Alcatraz Island:

smallalc.jpg

A view from a trip up the Pacific Coast highway:

smallpch.jpg

A link to a resized for the web pic of the SF skyline:

http://www.imajika.net/misc/smallsky.jpg

Some photos from a caching trip in January (at home in Colorado):

Guanalla Pass in the winter:

smallguan.jpg

A view of Georgetown below, while driving up Guanalla Pass:

smallguan1.jpg

waterfall.jpg

This is looking off the porch of my family's hunting cabin, July 8 this year. I couldn't get anyone in the family interested in geocaching, so I sat here looking at the falls and sulking. When I got home, I discovered there was a locationless for pictures of waterfalls. I'd been staring at a cache all weekend depressed about not finding caches ;) (No picture with my GPS, so I didn't try to log it as a find).

I don't mind. I've probably spent months of my life looking at this view. My grandfather, who built the original cabin on this spot in the mid-fifties, used to say that if you stare into a fire or running water or anything that moves of its own, you'll never be lonely.

waterfall.jpg

This is looking off the porch of my family's hunting cabin, July 8 this year. I couldn't get anyone in the family interested in geocaching, so I sat here looking at the falls and sulking. When I got home, I discovered there was a locationless for pictures of waterfalls. I'd been staring at a cache all weekend depressed about not finding caches ;) (No picture with my GPS, so I didn't try to log it as a find).

I don't mind. I've probably spent months of my life looking at this view. My grandfather, who built the original cabin on this spot in the mid-fifties, used to say that if you stare into a fire or running water or anything that moves of its own, you'll never be lonely.

That is the kind of picture I would expect to see on a 2000 piece puzzle. Excellent shot!

DSC01624.sized.jpg

Moon and Crown Mound. Crown Mound holds my The View From Above cache. It always gets high marks from visitors.

res24248.jpg

Cucharas River Valley by the Spanish Peaks in Southern Colorado. Heading to GC19 in the early A.M. If there is a cache that is worth driving 50-100 miles out of your way to get, this is it.

I think that if I saw your *ahem* kitty, I'd quit caching for the day.

Somehow I don't think that one will curl up in your lap and purr.

As for the pics... I was out looking for a different cache and it took me to this spot.. Never found the cache, but I logged this at the locationless mentioned above:

386349f0-ba1c-4b12-bad6-e9411a60c608.jpg

(And yes, there's another pic with a GPS in the photo to make the log legit. :mad: )

I'm not at home, so I can't upload just now, so you'll have to settle for this link to my log for this very cool cache, also in Brown Cty Indiana. It's worth the trouble to click on the link, I promise.

The cache is called How did THOSE get up THERE? And they are huge boulders in treetops. Various estimates put the boulders between 200-500 pounds, depending upon which estimate you choose to believe. No one knows how long they've been there, or how they got there, but there are many suggestions and theories in the logs for this cache.

How bizarre!

I'm not at home, so I can't upload just now, so you'll have to settle for this link to my log for this very cool cache, also in Brown Cty Indiana. It's worth the trouble to click on the link, I promise.

The cache is called How did THOSE get up THERE? And they are huge boulders in treetops. Various estimates put the boulders between 200-500 pounds, depending upon which estimate you choose to believe. No one knows how long they've been there, or how they got there, but there are many suggestions and theories in the logs for this cache.

How bizarre!

You can post the images by linking to them directly:

13f71d27-8e2b-4876-a50c-f07a2bfae66b.jpg

cbc62572-c5c6-4537-a161-7ebfafec2a4d.jpg