Found It = Didn't Find It

Jamie Z

^_^As some archived caches out of my notification area are never noted in PQ updates, I did my pre-trip Geocaching API update and saw it had been archived. I had this one solved for quite a while, but a cancelled trip prevented me from getting to GZ. I had it in my route, but circumstances prevented me from making the trip. Thanks to the generosity of the CO, I am able to claim the smiley. I had done the hard work, just not the leg work.
Thanks!

• Upvote 1

Premium Member

found.png1471

Found it Found it
03/13/2017

TFTC --> Found the monument. Did not want to WALK on the new bulbs planted and blossoming just below, and about the structure. The greenery on the top was so thick & couldn't get close enough w/o hurting bulbs. So I'm counting this a a FIND!! Cool!! Here's a FAVORITE for the history lesson!! icon_smile.gif

Didn't find it Apr/05/2017
No zip tie either☹️
View Log 

Found it Feb/26/2017
What a great place to enjoy a quieter moment.

Found it Jan/27/2017
on the beach with bunny

Found it Jan/02/2017
Tricky finding the remnants

Found it Oct/06/2016
Heard from other logs that it was missing but still searched anyway. Found zip tie.  Needs Maintenance

Found it Sep/22/2016
Found white zip tie. But nothing else

Write note Sep/14/2016
Found the zip tie but no cache, maybe its gone.

prem_user.gifPremium Member

found.png280

Found it Found it
09/01/2017

TFTC!!  

Cache owner

Archive Archive

09/01/2017

Yep, looks like half the tree itself, amongst others, has been cut down.

found.png280

Needs Maintenance Needs Maintenance
08/29/2017

The tree branches have all been cut off recently.

found.png280

Didn't find it Didn't find it
08/29/2017prem_user.gif

Dnf

The DNF and NM logs are by the same cacher who "Found" it as soon as it was archived.

found.png1179 

Found it Found it
12/18/2016

Looked at this cache and the fact it hadn't been logged in over a yr and was requesting some sort of maintenance. Arrived at the GZ and zeroed in on the cords. Searched for a good 20-20 min but no luck. Looks like muggles have been camping out in the area and cache may have been lost. Had a spare container/log and dropped off at GZ. Contacted CO with update.

• Upvote 1
Write note Write note
08/04/2017

Help please. May be a DNF but did find an electrical cover that could have been the cache at one time. CO can you help us out? Thanks

Found it Found it

04/24/2017

Noticed a number of DNFs, so I left a replacement.

08/14/2016

There are many cool hide spots here. Tried given coordinates and got nothing. Tried new posted coodinates form logs and was lead to the spot I expected would be great for a cache...but nothing.

08/14/2016

Pretty sure it's gone...pretty sure we knew where it should be...

Needs Maintenance Needs Maintenance
07/23/2016

Came back by here with better weather, a helper, and some information from a previous finder. I believe I found the place where this cache is supposed to be, but noted that the spot had been compromised on my previous visit. I think the cache is gone. This could be a problem since the CO appears to be offline for several years.

06/27/2016

I've come by here a couple of times before but the park has been crawling with little leaguers and spectators, so never had a proper look. Today it was rainy so as expected the place was nearly empty. It was a little too wet to linger long, but I searched a couple of spots that seemed likely and came up empty. Hopefully another day...

A cemetery hide with 4 DNFS and no finds in the last 18 months. Throwdowns "out of respect"! 

Found it Found it (2273 finds)
09/09/2017

Love this well kept cemetary! Walked in and for some reason, It felt so serene in this entire area, I thoroughly enjoyed my visit here.

Cache was a different story, with no other location around GZ and a year since the last find, I made a temporary replacement out of respect and hope others can come back and enjoy this area.

Thanks for bringing me here and Game On! ^.^

prem_user.gifPremium Member  found.png18338 

Found it Found it 07/05/2016

Day 8 of my epic road trip to GeoWoodstock in Denver, CO and now heading home to ***** stopping for challenges, webcams, virtuals and oldies on the way. Stopped for a couple hours in ****** for some geobiking. This one was definitely muggled and destroyed. I found just the camo cap and no sign of the rest of the container. I keep some replacement containers on me for situations like this so I dropped one and left the old cap next to it. Hopefully this one lasts longer.

Premium Member  found.png73 

Found it Found it 06/16/2016

prem_user.gifFound the lid but nothing else. 

prem_user.gif Premium Member (The CO) found.png281 

Found it Found it  09/30/2016

I put out a new container and a new log.

prem_user.gifPremium Member  found.png39159 

Found it Found it  09/13/2014

We got an early start this morning to cache our way to the 10th Annual *****.  We were greeted with a fog bank and cold, along with having to scrape the ice off of the windows before we could head out. IT"S to early for this already!!!! We searched for several minutes and could not come up with it. Placed a new container with log to keep cache going. e-mailing CO. SL, thanks {CO} for placing and maintaining these caches for our enjoyment

4 months of DNFs.

Then an NA was posted pointing out the string of DNFs, that the CO hasn't logged in for 2 years, and it's a great location which would be nice to open up.

Same day, after the NA a cacher rushes over to throw down a cache and claim a smiley.

----------------

found.png11000+

Found it Found it

Hasn't been found in 2 yrs. The cache owner is not currently active, so replaced the container. Look for a wire.

When the CO gets back, it would be good to check it.

-----------------

Same day, the reviewer Temporarily Disabled it. ^_^

I bet the throw down is not going to be picked up once the cache listing is archived.

• Upvote 1

found.png21419

Found it Found it
09/05/2017

The ___ boys were having a bad day. Lots of DNFs. When we arrived here we read some logs and realized this one was probably gone. Put a replacement where we thought it belonged. CO should check and remove our throw down if it is wrong. TFTC

At least they admitted they placed a throwdown....

prem_user.gifPremium Member  found.png12069 

Found it Found it  09/28/2017

Spent some time searching the area around GZ carefully with no luck. With the experience of the prior cachers logging DNFs and with the 2 other experienced cachers with me today also looking, I'm quite certain this one has gone missing. Replaced it today with new log. If CO finds that we've all missed it somehow, please feel free to keep the replacement container and let me know and I'll make another visit to search for this one. Thanks for the fun hide in an interesting area!
Movin on - - - 

prem_user.gifPremium Member found.png5551

Found it Found it

I had solved this puzzle at home but like the previous two cachers said, there is no container to be found at GZ. Looked in my bag to see if I had any spare ones but I must have left them at home. Thank you for the fun puzzle:)

(This cache keeps going missing about every 3 months and replaced with throwdowns. Group of 5 logged their throwdown (a bison tube they got at an event) as finds.)

found.png2627

Found it Found it
07/2017

xxxxe and I along with xxxxt, xxxxd, and xxxx5 had some target, high-favourite caches.  I love Little Libraries. I did read ahead and caught that this might be missing, and as serendipity might have it we got given a shiny bison tube at an event this morning. I had it prepped and ready with a fresh log "just in case": it was obvious once at ground zero that it was indeed missing so we replaced it. 

Needs Archived  Oct/05/2017   No sign. No one else has found for a while either. Signs of area being burnt.
Needs Maintenance  Oct/03/2017  Perhaps it’s time for a confirmation from the cache owner.
Didn't find it  Sep/23/2017  Looked for 30 mins. No joy

Found it  Sep/09/2017 we found this one to be missing... please replace container so we can sign a log

Didn't find it  Aug/05/2017   DNF
Didn't find it  Aug/05/2017    Gone
Didn't find it  Apr/15/2017     Dnf. Believe control burn destroyed cache.

The cache is still missing but disabled.

The cache owner usually posts a disable then does nothing.

Encourages cachers to log a find on a missing cache.

Ends up letting the reviewer archive the cache months later. 

--------------------------

icon_admin.gifReviewer

Post Reviewer Note Post Reviewer Note
08/2017

^^

^^

Cache Owner

found.png2226

Temporarily Disable Listing Temporarily Disable Listing
04/2017

Sounds like I need to head out there, will be out shortly.

^^

^^

found.png3055

Found it Found it
04/2017

Logging with permission from the CO. Sorry it's gone and thank you.

^^

^^

found.png1080

Found it Found it
04/2017

Logging as a find with permisson of the CO (cache was missing). 

^^

^^

(Then 2 weeks later,  the 2 people who didn't find the missing cache, logged finds)

^^

^^

found.png1080

04/2017

DNF.

^^

^^

found.png3055

04/2017

We found what seemed to be the perfect hiding spot but came up empty handed. Also PAFd who confirmed our suspicions about said hiding place but nothing is there.

On an Earthcache:

Found it Found it          07/01/1961

The cache owner has allowed me to log this as of my first visit when I spent quite some time playing around the rocks. Probably there was a different sign then but the same rocks. Apparently even the experts didn't know this was a rock glacier for another 20 years. I have been back twice since but didn't stay as long. Because all my visits were before the cache was posted I'm claiming -1TF

Publish Listing Publish Listing     09/16/2016

Published

Yes. Those are the same dates as posted.

Good thing they kept good notes. It's hard to remember things for 55+ years.

Researching for my trip to Africa next year I came across this one which has just been archived

Found it 19/02/2017 By xxxxxxxxxxxx (Found=14xxx)
Today we are one our way from Arusha to Nairobi. 
Of course we are searching for some caches. 
This one was unfortunately not there. 
Hope you will accept a photolog. 
Greetings fron the Netherlands. 

Found it 27/12/2016 By xxxxxxxx (Found=19xx)
Coming back from Amboseli I searched this one .
Since it was not in the obvious hiding I dropped one of my film canisters.

Seems to be an not so safe place in terms of many muggels .

Hope that the new container will stay there a while .

For Kenia I learned: caches at signpost are endangered:-)...

This was the first of two missing at the roadside. 

found.png8785

Found it Found it

I came back today to clean up my DNF on this one since it was replaced and see the last cacher could'nt find it and put a "needs maintanence" on it. We searched and searched and could not find it again. I had a container with me, so I replaced it near by since the tree it was in is long gone.

prem_user.gifPremium Member found.png1116

Found it Found it 10/08/2017

Like the previous post unable to get to cache and counting this as a find. Museum was closed and no trespassing signs posted on buildings. We could see the wagon and assumed that is where cache was. We're from eastern ****** caching the ****. You can imagine our disappointment finding the grounds fenced off, since this was our only opportunity to get this one.

prem_user.gifPremium Member  found.png4007 

Found it Found it 07/31/2017

Driving from ------ to ------ today, caching along the way. We enjoyed the variety of cache themes, containers, and hides. This one seemed to be missing, so replaced with a camoed pill bottle and placed it under a bush covered by a rock. Thank you for the cache.

Archive 4/10/2017 By reviewer

Found it 21/9/2017 By zzzzz (Found=5323)
Needed to be in *** today and wanted a few smileys, this was one of them. Looked for it but didn't find it!!!

Post Reviewer Note 29/8/2017
This cache is TA for more than 4 weeks....

Temporarily Disable Listing 25/6/2017 By owner (Found=0 Hidden=2)
Looks like it gone, will fix it ASAP

Needs Maintenance 19/6/2017 By yyyyy (Found=1508)
This geocacher reported that the cache might be missing.

Didn't find it 19/6/2017 By yyyyy (Found=1508)
last time found : 05/05/2017.
Please check if the cache is still there

Didn't find it 11/6/2017 By xxxxx

Didn't find it 6/6/2017 By wwwww

Didn't find it 26/5/2017 By vvvvv

Didn't find it 22/5/2017 By uuuuu

Didn't find it 5/5/2017 By ttttt

Found it 5/5/2017 By sssss

Archive 3/10/2017 By reviewer

Temporarily Disable Listing 18/8/2017 reviewer

Needs Archived 18/8/2017 By zzzzz (Found=3003)

Found it 18/8/2017 By zzzzz (Found=3003)
Hiding place was empty but we log a found anyway because how far we traveled. Need maintenance!

Didn't find it 4/7/2017 By yyyyy (Found=1154)

Didn't find it 5/6/2017 By xxxxx (Found=97)
I think it's gone

Write note 30/9/2017 By zzzzz (Found=2100)
Only found a fixture and send a photo to the CO. Others said it was the right spot.
Je n'ai retrouvé qu'une fixation, la photo a été envoyée au CO et d'autres géocacheurs m'ont signalé que c'était le bon endroit...

Found it 30/9/2017 By zzzzz (Found=2100)
......At GZ, found a possible hiding place. Unfortunately only a fixture was found. Send a message to the CO but no reply. Since it was the right place and without CO reaction I log a Found It as other after me also did the same.

prem_user.gifPremium Member found.png13247 

Found it Found it 12/05/2016

I tried to contact the owner of this cache a while ago to offer to replace the container for them. I didn't get a reply, so I decided to just go ahead and do it today. I hope the cache owner is OK with this and doesn't mind the assistance. I placed it in an obvious hiding spot which should minimize attention from muggles and is in compliance with the provided hint. This is day 1242 of our current daily caching streak. Thanks for helping us to extend it by another day. TFTC!

prem_user.gifPremium Member found.png1113 

Didn't find it Didn't find it 11/27/2016

Went looking for this one today because its close to my work but could not make the find after a thorough search.

prem_user.gifPremium Member found.png13247 

Didn't find it Didn't find it 10/05/2016

I searched for quite a while. If it's supposed to be easy to find, then I'm afraid it might be missing again.

prem_user.gifPremium Member found.png6990 

Found it Found it 08/15/2017

Looked for a while with nothing there. Last seen over 7 months ago so we went ahead and replaced it.

reg_user.gifMember 

Didn't find it Didn't find it 08/09/2017

C

prem_user.gifPremium Member found.png31730 

07/01/2017

I searched for a long time, but couldn't find it today!

Archive 12/10/2017 By owner (Found=377)

Found it 29/9/2017 By jjj (Found=2085)
Unavailable. Nevertheless I took a quick look. Didn't find but think we know where it was hidden. Send picture to CO. Thanks.

Post Reviewer Note 25/9/2017 By reviewer

Didn't find it 29/8/2017 By hhh (Found=15880)

Temporarily Disable Listing 18/5/2017 By owner (Found=377)

Didn't find it 14/5/2017 By ggg (Found=2483)

Didn't find it 14/5/2017 By fff (Found=2483)

Didn't find it 13/5/2017 By eee (Found=1301)

Didn't find it 13/5/2017 By ddd (Found=1302)

Didn't find it 1/5/2017 By ccc (Found=7906)

Didn't find it 30/4/2017 By bbb (Found=602)

Didn't find it 22/4/2017 By aaa (Found=170)

Found it 16/10/2017 By ggg (Found=36395)
Called the CO who confirmed the cache is missing. Got permission to log as found

Didn't find it 15/10/2017 By fff (Found=2236)
Nothing seen

Didn't find it 15/10/2017 By eee (Found=3449)
Nothing found

Didn't find it 15/10/2017 By ddd (Found=2933)
8 people looked for it. DNF

Needs Maintenance 15/10/2017 By ccc (Found=341)

Didn't find it 15/10/2017 By ccc (Found=341)
Probably gone

Didn't find it 15/10/2017 By me
Met the hunters, they said they took the cache with them.

Didn't find it 15/10/2017 By bbb (Found=449)
Hunters?

Didn't find it 15/10/2017 By aaa (Found=591)
Hunters came by :-(

Premium Member found.png3676

Temporarily Disable Listing Temporarily Disable Listing
07/08/2017 We'll check on this one.

prem_user.gifPremium Member found.png234

Didn't find it Didn't find it 05/08/2017

Found remains of what the cache was likely hanging from. Neat spot though.

prem_user.gifPremium Member found.png10619

Found it Found it
21/07/2017

Day 335 of my current caching streak as I work towards a goal of 365 days straight. Day 44 of my caching road trip from Salt Lake City, UT to Ohio, Rhode Island, North Carolina, Texas and then back to Utah on the 21st day of July with partly cloudy skies and temperatures in the mid 90's. I found what appears to be the remains of the cache container. Thanks for the cache.

With all the time we spent caching, have you ever stopped to think how much news you've missed out on since this crazy game of geocaching was created back in early 2000? I hope this helps....This Day in History - July 21, 2000, 2001 & 2002:

• 2000 - Group of Eight leaders met for an economic summit on the Japanese island of Okinawa, where President Clinton also sought to soothe long-simmering tensions over the huge American military presence.
  • 2000 - Special Counsel John C. Danforth concluded "with 100 percent certainty" that the federal government was innocent of wrongdoing in the siege that killed 80 members of the Branch Davidian compound near Waco, Texas, in 1993.
  • 2000 - Norm Mineta, the 1st Asian American to serve in a president’s cabinet, was sworn in as the 33rd US secretary of commerce.
  • 2000 - Researchers reported that human general intelligence, as measured in IQ tests, came from clearly defines regions in the frontal lobes.
  • 2000 - It was reported that warming climate was causing Greenland to lose 11 cubic miles of ice a year, or 12.5 trillion gallons, enough to raise sea level by .005 inches annually.
  • 2000 - It was reported that computers at Los Alamos simulated a nuclear blast in 3 dimensions for the 1st time.
  • 2000 - In Hawaii a tour helicopter crashed and killed 7 people on Maui.
  • 2000 - Marc Reisner, author of "Cadillac Desert," died in Marin, Ca., at age 51. His 1986 book was an angry indictment of water depletion in the American West.
  • 2000 - In Chechnya 4 Russian soldiers were killed when a land mine blew up their truck in the Shali region.
  • 2000 - In Russia 19 airmen were killed when a Mi-8 helicopter crashed north of St. Petersburg.
  • 2001 - Over 140 UN nations agreed on a voluntary pact to stem small arms into conflict zones. It required manufacturers to compile records of sales and to mark weapons to enable their traces. The US managed to keep out some restrictions.
  • 2001 - In Japan 10 people, mostly children, were killed on a crowded pedestrian bridge as they left a fireworks display in Akashi.
  • 2002 - WorldCom filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy about a month after disclosing it had inflated profits by nearly $4 billion through deceptive accounting. With $107 billion in assets, it was the largest US bankruptcy ever.
  • 2002 - In south central Oregon an 87,000 acre wildfire burned along a mile-long front.
  • 2002 - Ernie Els won the British Open in the first sudden-death finish in the 142-year history of the tournament.
  • 2002 - In Israel an explosion under a moving passenger train near Tel Aviv moderately injured one Israeli.
  • 2002 - In the Philippines 3 people drowned in floods and a landslide buried alive a family of three as heavy rains pummeled the main island of Luzon, including Manila.
  • 2002 - In Russia fighting started when a vendor at the Moscow Orion market opened fire at a group of wholesale buyers who allegedly refused to pay him for his goods. The armed vendor was from the Dagestan region in southern Russia, and the buyers were from the former Soviet republic of Azerbaijan.
  • 2002 - A methane gas explosion tore through a Ukrainian coal mine, killing at least six miners and leaving more than 28 missing.

prem_user.gifPremium Member found.png526

27/05/2017

Well, we found what looks like the way it was attached on the ground. Now, finding this could have caused us to give up too early, but still doesn't look good… DNF =(

The two DNFs included a picture of the attaching devise.

8 minutes ago, justintim1999 said:
51 minutes ago, hzoi said:

Well, it is Cache In, Trash Out.  They took out the trash, now they have to leave a cache...right?  :anibad:

Nice:)    Mind if I use this?

As long as you include the sarcastic winky face, you're legit.  :lol:

On 10/18/2017 at 8:44 AM, on4bam said:

Found it 16/10/2017 By ggg (Found=36395)
Called the CO who confirmed the cache is missing. Got permission to log as found

Didn't find it 15/10/2017 By fff (Found=2236)
Nothing seen

Didn't find it 15/10/2017 By eee (Found=3449)
Nothing found

Didn't find it 15/10/2017 By ddd (Found=2933)
8 people looked for it. DNF

Needs Maintenance 15/10/2017 By ccc (Found=341)

Didn't find it 15/10/2017 By ccc (Found=341)
Probably gone

Didn't find it 15/10/2017 By me
Met the hunters, they said they took the cache with them.

Didn't find it 15/10/2017 By bbb (Found=449)
Hunters?

Didn't find it 15/10/2017 By aaa (Found=591)
Hunters came by :-(

And it continues.. same cache...

Owner: Temporarily Disable Listing   22 Oct 17

Hunters complained, Wait and see what can be done.

bbb   [Caches Found] 339   Found it

It was clear from earlier logs we didn't have to look for it. I'm logging as found but if the CO doesn't like this, feel free to delete my log.

ccc   [Caches Found] 87   Didn't find it

To bad.

ddd  [Caches Found] 4594  Didn't find it

Not found, is it still here?

eee   [Caches Found] 10270  Didn't find it

eee   [Caches Found] 15931   Found it

..... This was one of our finds. Thanks to the CO

We logged as found eventhough the cache is gone but since one of the previous cachers was allowed to log a found it we do the same. If not OK ...delete my log !!

fff   [Caches Found] 10982   Didn't find it

This one is indeed gone

Archive 19/10/2017 By reviewer
Temporarily Disable Listing 18/9/2017 By reviewer

Found it 17/9/2017 By abab (Found=9)
Found the spot, cache is gone.

Didn't find it 3/9/2017 By zzz (Found=8)
Found only fixture

Didn't find it 3/9/2017 By zzz (Found=8)
Found only fixture

Found it 30/8/2017 By yyy (Found=8)
Cache is gone

Didn't find it 18/8/2017 By xxx (Found=11)
Cache is gone, there's only a fixture.

Found it 14/8/2017 By www (Found=372)
Only the fixture was found

Didn't find it 14/8/2017 By vvv (Found=248)
Fixture is there, cache is gone.

Found it 12/8/2017 By uuu (Found=270)
Found only fixture

Found it 12/8/2017 By ttt (Found=44)
Fixture is there, cache is gone.

Found it 11/8/2017 By sss (Found=160)
Found only fixture

Found it 29/7/2017 By rrr (Found=4798)
Too bad this series is degrading, a few caches are already gone. Here we found only a fixture.

Found it 27/7/2017 By qqq (Found=84)
Found it, or at least we found the fixture

Didn't find it 16/7/2017 By ppp (Found=2498)
Only the fixture was found

Found it 16/7/2017 By ooo (Found=1049)
Photolog as the cache was gone.

Didn't find it 11/7/2017 By nnn (Found=5)
only found the fixture

Found it 4/6/2017 By mmm (Found=3293)
Quick find.

Found it 31/5/2017 By lll (Found=378)
Maintenance!

Found it 31/5/2017 By kkk (Found=393)
Needs urgent maintenance

Found it 26/5/2017 By jjj (Found=5670)
Only found a piece of wood as in the spoiler picture and a piece of paper. We added our name.

Found it 26/5/2017 By iii (Found=5670)
There's only a piece of paper

Didn't find it 25/5/2017 hhh (Found=86)
Found the fixture but no cache, others already wrote their names and stamped the piece of paper in the branch.

Found it 12/5/2017 By ggg (Found=1660)
Thx CO's!
 Photo

Needs Maintenance 10/5/2017 By fff (Found=644)
This geocacher reported that there is a problem with this cache.

Didn't find it 10/5/2017 By fff (Found=644)
Only found the fixture.

Didn't find it 7/5/2017 By eee (Found=73)
Only found the fixture and a branch

Needs Maintenance 1/5/2017 By ddd (Found=1050)
This geocacher reported that there is a problem with this cache.

Found it 1/5/2017 By ddd (Found=1050)
We only found a branch in the fixture so I guess this one is gone...

Found it 1/5/2017 By ccc (Found=74)
No code since the cache is gone

Found it 1/5/2017 By bbb (Found=53)
Nice cache

Didn't find it 29/4/2017 By aaa (Found=1635)
No official logbook but only a branch with a piece of paper so no code for the bonus.

Archive 27/10/2017 By CO (Found=20354)

Didn't find it 8/8/2017 By eee (Found=4069)

Temporarily Disable Listing 1/6/2017 By CO (Found=20354)

Found it 24/5/2017 By ddd (Found=5405)
Looked for it and found the location but nothing found. Called the CO and send a picture. I was allowed to log.

Didn't find it 22/5/2017 By ccc (Found=3633)

Didn't find it 13/5/2017 By bbb (Found=158)

Didn't find it 12/5/2017 aaa (Found=2908)

Took along time( > 5 months) without maintenance