Found It = Didn't Find It

Jamie Z

20 hours ago, Isonzo Karst said:

Nous enregistrons cette cache comme trouvée puisqu'elle était disparue avec l'ouragan Irma lors de notre longue recherche sur la berge. 

A find log, posted  days after the missing cache was archived.  Must be a lot of work, following your DNFs around to see if/when the cache gets archived so that you can come back and log a find.  I wonder if user specializes in caches archived by reviewer? ie, no active owner to delete the found after archive log? 

Sounds like the "now deleted" find logs on another cache that was mentioned in another recent thread.  And in the same language.

A nano on a bench seat

Found itFound it

11/09/2018

Together with ***** I was in the beautiful rose garden.
We searched and found the bank is not there.
Since the cache is not disabled, we log a found it.

icon_smile_wink.gif Greetings from Germanyicon_smile_wink.gif

(******** and ***** from ************)

One honest cacher out of a group of six.

“F”

Premium Member

Caches Found 94426

Found it 05/29/2015

Out with our team “ABCDEF” (from “5 states”) on our “State” run. Thanks for the caches and the fun!

“E”

Premium Member

Caches Found 16525

Found it 05/29/2015

Found this while caching with Team “ABCDEF” -- thanks for adding to our fun & TFTC !

“D”

Premium Member 

Caches Found 87925

Found it 05/29/2015

w/”A”, “B”, “C”, “E”, “F” as “ABCDEF”

I was invited over for my first experience with “State”. I got the east of the “Mountains” tour, meaning fairly flat land so I could see several rain storms miles and miles distant. Can't see something like that where I'm from. I guess, though, that's close to what I remember from “Other state”. This time, though, my distance sense was a little messed up because the area out here is just so vast--and the caches were farther apart than I realized (still wonder why).

Despite the storms moving around us, the weather was wonderful and so was the company. I switched between cars as much as I could so I could get to talk to everyone. I even did one of my fun things, standing on the car's running board as we zoomed down dirt roads to the next cache. Fun times.

Thank you for contributing to the caches I found during this trip!

“C”

Caches Found 44649

Found it 05/29/2015

Wrapping up a two week caching trip. This was one of many we found. Enjoyed the craxy weather, rain, thunder and lightening and the long hours of caching. Road trips are always worth it! As always, thanks to the CO's for the for the hides, the fun, and another smiley on the map ! See you on the trail and keep on caching ! Everything logged as “ABCDEF”

“B”

Premium Member

Caches Found 78517

Found it 05/29/2015

Thanks for all the CO's who made this caching journey a nexessity.

“A”

Premium Member 

Caches Found 54666

Didn't find it 05/29/2015

Out with a great group of friends to cache the plains - thanks to everyone for placing caches and making this a great trip. We signed our logs as “ABCDEF”

We hunted for this one but didn't have the correct TOTT to make the find.

While I agree with a lot that has been said here, I will say that I have logged a few caches as Found when I did not sign the log.  Some of the reasons: Container too high for me to reach or too deep in a hole (I could see it), container lost inside a sign (I felt and heard it moving when I put a tool inside), cache in thick brush while a suspicious person lurked nearby (I saw it but didn't feel safe going into the thicket knowing that someone was watching me in the woods), forgot to bring pen (still held the cache in my hands), brought pen but log was stuck or too wet/moldy to sign.  In each case, I found the cache.  I had it in my sight and sometimes even in my hands.  I usually take photos, too, just in case the CO asks about it.  I think if you find it, you can log it as a find, even if you can't sign it for some reason.  I would never log a find if I didn't actually see or touch the cache. 

• Surprised 1

Of your examples, the only one I would definitely claim a find on is the log too wet/mouldy.  Log stuck is borderline, depending on whether it is simply my inability to remove it (DNF) or the container damaged (find).   All others are DNF.

However, this thread isn't intended for discussions, so we should take any more discussion to a new thread.

Edited by Gill & Tony
  • Upvote 9
1 hour ago, Ageleni said:

While I agree with a lot that has been said here, I will say that I have logged a few caches as Found when I did not sign the log.  Some of the reasons: Container too high for me to reach or too deep in a hole (I could see it), container lost inside a sign (I felt and heard it moving when I put a tool inside), cache in thick brush while a suspicious person lurked nearby (I saw it but didn't feel safe going into the thicket knowing that someone was watching me in the woods), forgot to bring pen (still held the cache in my hands), brought pen but log was stuck or too wet/moldy to sign.  In each case, I found the cache.  I had it in my sight and sometimes even in my hands.  I usually take photos, too, just in case the CO asks about it.  I think if you find it, you can log it as a find, even if you can't sign it for some reason.  I would never log a find if I didn't actually see or touch the cache. 

If you didn't make your mark on the cache log, you didn't 'find' it in this game. The basic 'rules of this game' are pretty simple. Find the cache. Sign the log. Log it online.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Ageleni said:

Most should be logged as DNFs.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1
On 1/4/2019 at 3:36 PM, Ageleni said:

If you don't have the item in your hand and open it to see the logsheet inside, then it's possible that it's not actually the cache. Could be a piece of litter, or even a decoy.

You may find some interesting commentary in these threads:

• Upvote 1

I notice a new trend in my region. A couple started to systematically log as "found" any recently archived geocache. After a cache has been archived, they sudden "remember" they visited it only a few days prior being archived and then log it a few hours later as "found".

I don't understand what they think they achieve by lying, after all they are mainly cheating themselves... and now it is obvious to everybody they are dishonest.

• Upvote 1
  • Surprised 1

It is laughable to read how many people are fooling nobody & in reality just cheating themselves!  But it seems to depend why you are a cacher in the first place.  If it is just to get numbers to boost your virtual ego then cheat away.  It is like people boasting how many "friends" the have on FB when in fact most are complete strangers & many might not even be who they say they are!

When I get DNFs I regard it as an opportunity to revisit a location at a later date to try again.  Sometimes on reading my DNF log a kind CO has apologised for a missing cache (rather than my own failure to find) & said for me to log it as a find. But with two exceptions I turn down the offer.  The only ones I logged as found, although not signed, were firstly one that I could clearly see but is far too high up an object I cannot possible climb at my age.  As it was part of a series for which I wrote some interesting logs the CO gave me that one as a bonus! However I am still intending one day to find a way to sign the log.  Then I found one that I could only just reach but was impossible for my stretched fingertips to extract the log - I photographed it, messaged the CO, got no reply, saw they had not been on the site for a very long time, so claimed it as a find, but am prepared to lose it should the CO ever reappear & not approve.

I keep seeing logs from someone recording caches that I have found who supposedly hardly ever has a pen - even when out for a day's caching.  I suspect they are an armchair cacher who is simply cheating themself.  Sad.

bring the topic back on topic

Needs archived, No Trespassing sign, no cache

Found it! found magnet

Found it! magnet only

Found it! didn't sign it, no container or log

Found it! saw it, didn't sing it, sign stopped us

Didn't Find it!  Sheriff sign made us nervous, did not hunt long

Found it! Found it but didn’t sign it, probably should be moved because of the no trespassing sign

Found it! Too wet to sign, mag failing

• Upvote 1
  • Surprised 1

Found it Aug/14/2016
Didn't have too much time but came back today and dropped a pill bottle. CO hasn't been on in quite a while so figured I'd try to help keep the cache active.

Didn't find it. Jan/20/2016
I arrived at the listed cords (stage 1) only to figure out I didn't read the entire cache description. Plugged in the right coordinates and to the abandoned trail and found GZ. Unfortunately I couldn't come up with the cache. There is evidence of a prescribed burn here but not sure how long ago. Would recommend the CO check on it.

WN by CO.

"21/01/2019 By abc
In it's nine yeas of existence, this cache container has occasionally been stolen so we were not surprised by xyz's log that only the lid could be found and so we immediately disabled the cache and advised xyz to log a "Found" if she wanted to as she had obviously found the top part of the container exactly (we thought) where it was supposed to be.

"It took a while for us to organise a new container (specifically for a previously-scouted brand new location nearby), glue on a magnet to hold it in it's place and then finally paint it.

"Can you imagine our surprise when we visited the cache site today to install the new container and found the "original" container intact and sitting exactly where it is supposed to be!

"So now we are really unsure what lid xyz found - it's obviously not from our cache container."

A case here for deleting the "Found It" log?

2 hours ago, colleda said:

WN by CO.

"21/01/2019 By abc
In it's nine yeas of existence, this cache container has occasionally been stolen so we were not surprised by xyz's log that only the lid could be found and so we immediately disabled the cache and advised xyz to log a "Found" if she wanted to as she had obviously found the top part of the container exactly (we thought) where it was supposed to be.

"It took a while for us to organise a new container (specifically for a previously-scouted brand new location nearby), glue on a magnet to hold it in it's place and then finally paint it.

"Can you imagine our surprise when we visited the cache site today to install the new container and found the "original" container intact and sitting exactly where it is supposed to be!

"So now we are really unsure what lid xyz found - it's obviously not from our cache container."

A case here for deleting the "Found It" log?

Yes. But contact the geocacher first and explain you checked, but the lid they found was not the cache, as it was still there, hidden where it should be and intact. I hope you get a better reaction to one I got. I will tell that in another log.

Just now, Goldenwattle said:

Yes. But contact the geocacher first and explain you checked, but the lid they found was not the cache, as it was still there, hidden where it should be and intact. I hope you get a better reaction to one I got. I will tell that in another log.

It's not one of mine, just one I came across today in a PQ..

I had someone tell me they found the cache (a plastic box) out in the open, but missing its log. They logged a find, which I thought was presumptuous. If the cache was missing I would have likely thanked them for letting me know and would have suggested they log a find, as I have done before. I went and checked and the original cache and log was safe in its hide. It's a very easy cache to find, because it's in a very obviously hide. In fact this cache has only ever had one DNF, and that was an occasion when the cache really was missing. Never when the cache was there. As I said, easy. About 20 metres away was an abandoned lunch box, and this is obviously what the finders had found and made a big presumption, without checking the OBVIOUS hide. I let them know and suggested they change their find to a DNF. They refused, saying they would return soon and sign the log. I was willing to give them time to do this, so gave them a couple of weeks, before I contacted them again. They gave the same promise they would return. If they had an allergic reaction to logging DNFs (too many cachers appear to suffer this infliction) they could have deleted their find, or changed it to a note. I don't know what their problem was. I was once asked to change a find to a DNF, as I found the wrong cache. I changed it that day.

Then I went travelling and forgot about this. About three months later, now home again I remembered and checked. They had not returned to sign the log, or changed/removed their find. I told them that three months had now passed, and again asked them to please remove their find log. Up to now the correspondence had been polite, but then they suddenly got angry and told me I was impatient and basically nasty, ungrateful (for letting me know they couldn't find the cache), etc. VERY snarly, rude message, which I would have copied and pasted here to show this, except being an old message, I cannot now access it. I also now would check to see if they ever logged DNFs, It didn't occur to me at the time to check this. They were a well established geocacher.

Immediately then I deleted their find.

So they didn’t find it, but logged a found.

I had a hide which was a matt black spray painted small cliplock which fitted beautifully in a narrow aperture in an old gnarly tree , but only if you got it oriented exactly right , then mainpulated the angle to place it home, the gap didn't look big enough to hold a small cliplock. It was right next to a path in a very small patch of woodland and the tree was the most obvious hide for several paces.

It had a fair few finds, then along came a high numbers cacher ... the 'found it' log said that the cache was smashed and the pieces and unreachable in a metal container . I went and checked it the next week, and it was exactly where it was supposed to be and absolutely fine. I e-mailed the cacher explaining that he had found some rubbish, not my cache, and suggested he turn the found to a DNF, and never got a reply. Or a log type change.

Not worth a potential arguement with the guy,  so I just made a mental note ... that's how that particular person plays the game . Hmmm.

4 hours ago, Goldenwattle said:

I would never log a find on just a lid. But on any other find that I made, I'd appreciate a CO contacting me to let me know that what I found was not the cache. For example, a throwdown that I didn't realize at the time I found it, was a throwdown. 

• Upvote 2

Archive 26/Jan/2019 "this cache has gone missing and its time to let it go"

Found it 19/Jan/2019

Didn't find it 13/Jan/2019

Didn't find it 13/Jan/2019

Didn't find it 10/Jan/2019

Didn't find it 24/Dec/2018

(Bigger gap between logs then usual. I imagine visits from people ? who are lack confidence to log DNFs .)

Found it 08/Sep/2018

Found it
19 Jan 19

prem_user.gif    icon_smile.png 13742

Found it Found it
19 Jan 19

prem_user.gif    icon_smile.png 1168

Needs Archived Needs Archived
03 Jan 19

prem_user.gif    icon_smile.png 1168

Didn't find it Didn't find it

03 Jan 19

prem_user.gif icon_smile.png 4084

Found it Found it
30 Dec 18

im strömenden Regen nichts gefunden
schade

prem_user.gif    icon_smile.png 790

26 Dec 18

prem_user.gif icon_smile.png 5450

23 Nov 18

prem_user.gif icon_smile.png 11715

22 Oct 18

prem_user.gif icon_smile.png 1113

21 Oct 18

prem_user.gif    icon_smile.png 2730

10 Oct 18

prem_user.gif icon_smile.png 4941

04 Oct 18

prem_user.gif icon_smile.png 1160

Found it Found it
29 Sep 18

A must have seen... Or better a tourist crowd. Just visited from outside.

TFTC

prem_user.gif    icon_smile.png 1994

27 Sep 18

prem_user.gif icon_smile.png 1814

27 Sep 18

prem_user.gif    icon_smile.png 5390

Needs Maintenance Needs Maintenance
19 Sep 18

prem_user.gif    icon_smile.png 5390

19 Sep 18

prem_user.gif    icon_smile.png 4

19 Sep 18

prem_user.gif    icon_smile.png 4063

Needs Maintenance Needs Maintenance
15 Sep 18

This geocacher reported that there is a problem with this cache.

prem_user.gif    icon_smile.png 38896

12 Sep 18

prem_user.gif    icon_smile.png 10242

12 Sep 18

prem_user.gif    icon_smile.png 60966

12 Sep 18

prem_user.gif    icon_smile.png 1181

11 Sep 18

prem_user.gif    icon_smile.png 1178

09 Sep 18

reg_user.gif    icon_smile.png 1475

05 Sep 18

reg_user.gif    icon_smile.png 2182

Found it Found it
05 Sep 18

prem_user.gif    icon_smile.png 1147

03 Sep 18

prem_user.gif    icon_smile.png 4063

01 Sep 18

prem_user.gif    icon_smile.png 9154

01 Sep 18

prem_user.gif    icon_smile.png 7909

01 Sep 18

prem_user.gif    icon_smile.png 843

29 Aug 18

prem_user.gif   icon_smile.png 16306

28 Aug 18

Missing since August and still 3 found it. Then the 4th to "find" it put a throwdown :rolleyes:

CO is inactive since 2017.

Didn't find it  Jan/09/2019  USER DNF = DNF
Cache is completely missing.... :-(

Found it  Nov/20/2018 USER DNF=Find 3
great afternoon of kayaking!  only metal pole left, but still worth the trip. saw thousands of jellyfish.  guy at kayak rental place had good maps

Found it  Sep/14/2018 USER=Find 2
what a place! :-) only found pole

Found it  Apr/05/2018  USER DNF=Find 1
Today I rented a kayak to explore this beautiful island. Of course, I also wanted to check if the cache is still in place. Unfortunately, there was only one metal post at the GZ. Thank you for showing me this beautiful jungle.

Write note  Jan/17/2018  USER
Does the owner know if the cache is still there since Hurricane Irma?  Would like to know before we go search for it!

Found junk. Signed a leaf:

prem_user.gifPremium Member

2.png8221

Found itFound it 12/2018

Not much left of the cache. Signed the leaf.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2.png9677

Found itFound it 11/2018

Found and signed remnants of the cache.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2.png20416

Found itFound it  11/2018

Found the remnants mentioned in previous logs. Signed leaf. Thanks for the cache.

2.png16000

Found itFound it  9/2018

Unfortunately this one seems to be another that may have been muggled. Found what is left of the cache... Photo posted as proof. CO will need to check on this one.

• remnants.jpg.eb04cc9dd2e623182f9a831346e1dcc3.jpg
Edited by L0ne.R
  • Surprised 1

NEEDS ARCHIVED - Geocacher

The real thing here has not been found in quite some time and all that was left was a crappy throwdown which we removed.

WRITE NOTE - Geocacher -

I am so angry with the situation here that it makes me want to forget caching and  I love geocaching. TR found a throw down after just a moment which we took with us as this is clearly not the how this cache is supposed to be. Shame on you who is so arrogant that just because you can’t find it, it must not be there and in order to (heaven forbid) not get a DNF, you will throw down a crappy medicine bottle and prevent others from experiencing the joy of a really difficult find. These are NOT P&Gs, the difficulty ratings are set high for a reason. That being said, it also appears that the COis not maintaining this run. This is not turning out to be a good caching day.

I refuse to call this a find and will be requesting this cache be archived.

FOUND IT

I can only imagine these in their heyday, when they were not just throwdowns. Bummed the owner isn't active anymore. I'll take the smiley though.

FOUND IT

FOUND IT

FOUND IT.... many find logs going back to 2016, when finally there's one that makes it clear that the D3.5 rating was earned. 

Hard to say when the throwdown happened, some logs are clear on understanding that they didn't find the COs cache, some are just "quick find" "TFTC". 

• Upvote 6

It's been a while since VelcroCaching was last illustrated here (I liked the symmetry of a one year from first "find" of velcro to first DNF of velcro) :

Didn't find it Jan/21/2019 Found the Velcro but not pouch :(

Found it Jul/15/2018 Found velcro but no pouch.

Found it Jun/26/2018 Velcro there, no cache

Write note Apr/12/201 Velcro strip present, no camo pouch. :)

Found it Mar/22/2018 the Velcro but not the cache

Found it Mar/22/201, well the Velcro part. The actual cache seems to be missing.

Found it Jan/21/2018 Found the Velcro

• Upvote 1

Found itFound it

31/01/2019

Today we went with the ferry to xxxxxxxx Island to look for some caches and to see this UNESCO Heritage Area.
It was very interesting to go around and look at the historic buildings and the Lost Place.
We went behind the fence and could go to one metre from the cache site, where another fence was placed. Photo taken. As we are travelling back to Europe tomorrow,we won’t have the possibility to come once more.
TFTC and greetings from Denmark ??

Profile photo for echocage1

2.png1991

Write noteWrite note

07/01/2019

Asked at the visitor centre and they said it will be a few weeks yet as there was a big event they were preparing for.
If I'd had a brain i would have asked WHEN the event was on to give an idea when it would likely be open again....
but I didn't so probably best to phone visitor centre to find out before coming.

reg_user.gifMember 

2.png51

Temporarily Disable ListingTemporarily Disable Listing

03/01/2019

i'm disabling this cache just until the temporary fencing has been removed or i can get to the island to reposition it.

2.png20157

Needs MaintenanceNeeds Maintenance

03/01/2019

This geocacher reported that there is a problem with this cache.

2.png20157

Didn't find itDidn't find it

03/01/2019

A trip to the island today - 5/7 caches sought found
This was the second of the 2 DNFs - as we were on our way owards the cache we were approached by a security peson who advised that the area was off limits due to preparations for an upcoming event - we could see temporary fencing being erected
Reading other logs it is evident recent cachers have made their way roun fences etc to get to this but having been advised to turn round we had no choice
CO might want to check this one out to ascertain current accessibility and how long this might be sensibly out of action - NM added to highlight this issue

This is on a cache that had been disabled by the CO because of temporary fencing placed around GZ for a major event. Can't possibly go back to Europe without the smiley, can they?

Found itFound it

31/01/2019

Today we went with XXXXX to XXXXX to look for some caches and to see this UNESCO Heritage Area.
It was very interesting to go around and look at the historic buildings and the Lost Place.
We went behind the fence and could go to one metre from the cache site, where another fence was placed. Photo taken. As we are travelling back to Europe tomorrow,we won’t have the possibility to come once more.

Temporarily Disable ListingTemporarily Disable Listing

03/01/2019

i'm disabling this cache just until the temporary fencing has been removed or i can get to the island to reposition it.

2 minutes ago, barefootjeff said:

This is on a cache that had been disabled by the CO because of temporary fencing placed around GZ for a major event. Can't possibly go back to Europe without the smiley, can they?

Yup, this was posted yesterday by Colleda.

On ‎2‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 2:24 AM, colleda said:

2.png34

Found itFound it

27/01/2018

I didn’t actually found it but my dad figure out were it was under the bridge

Actually, sounds to me there's a chance that one could be legitimate. Hard to tell but it could be that the logger was simply stating that his dad spotted it first and then he came in behind him for the signing of the log. :unsure:

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, Mudfrog said:

Actually, sounds to me there's a chance that one could be legitimate. Hard to tell but it could be that the logger was simply stating that his dad spotted it first and then he came in behind him for the signing of the log. :unsure:

Perhaps I should have shown the DNFs before and after this find to put in context.

2.png1554

Found itFound it

12/21/2018

We replaced the cache with a bison tube in a low hanging branch close to the top of the little hill. It is hidden under a small glass bottle. We are claiming it as a find.

2.png1554

12/21/2018

We are going to replace this cache after a DNF

2.png1404

Write note

12/17/2018

Six months of dnf's? Maybe time to check it?

2.png30

11/10/2018

No luck for me either

reg_user.gifMember

2.png30

08/19/2018

Probably buried in dead fall. This area was hit really hard during the recent storms. Got eaten alive by mosquitoes, and I'm pretty sure there was a homeless man living nearby.

2.png163

08/16/2018

Didn’t find it.

reg_user.gifMember

2.png8

07/14/2018

Got to 0ft and could not find it. Really over grown area. We looked for a good 15 mins and nothing...maybe another time

2.png101

07/13/2018

Look everywhere for a glass jar came up with nothing spent maybe 30 minutes on it

2.png254

07/11/2018

Looks like a fair amount of storm damage in the area.

reg_user.gifMember

2.png17

06/17/2018

Not

From one of ours.  Started out well:

2.png4785

Write noteWrite note

We loved this but the final is clearly missing

But then came the message

1. If it turns out to be missing would you let us log it as a find?

:rolleyes:

5 minutes ago, hzoi said:

From one of ours.  Started out well:

But then came the message

:rolleyes:

At least they are asking and not logging and presuming. Some COs do let people log if the cache is missing. I often don't have a problem with this, although I prefer to be the one to offer. Also they logged it was missing. So many annoying cachers don't log DNFs. However, checking again they actually log that DNF, so maybe I wouldn't allow them.

Aweek after the date of the 'find' this log pops up

"  Found it

After a fruitless search where possible in a very overgrown hedgerow we decided (after reading the previous logs and noted that it hadn't been found for such a long time) to place a new container slightly closer to the path to make it more accessible. Will contact CO with details. TFTC "

Edited by hal-an-tow
Removing possible throwdowner identifying detail !

prem_user.gifPremium Member2.png1063

Needs MaintenanceNeeds Maintenance 10/26/2018

This geocacher reported that the cache might be missing.

prem_user.gifPremium Member 2.png1063

Didn't find itDidn't find it 10/26/2018

Evidence of heavy water flow some time since the last log. Expect it got washed away.

prem_user.gifPremium Member 2.png18928

Found itFound it 04/15/2018

Must be missing so I dropped a camoed film container. TFTC

prem_user.gifPremium Member 2.png204

Didn't find itDidn't find it  04/01/2018

Pretty sure it’s no longer there

reg_user.gifMember 2.png46

Didn't find itDidn't find it 04/01/2018

Not found

reg_user.gifMember 2.png68
Didn't find itDidn't find it 03/29/2018

?

reg_user.gifMember 2.png419
Didn't find itDidn't find it 03/18/2018

Nada.

Didn't find itDidn't find it 11/12/2017

Pretty sure that its gone.

This cacher is really something:

--Claiming a find because we are leaving tomorrow. We saw the mushroom but couldn't stretch enough to search properly for cache. Tomorrow we will return to Edmonton, AB,, Canada. Note--last 4 cachers posted DNFs.

--Same as others but we tried.   Note:  the others were DNFs.

--Opened the doors, searched high and low but claiming only because we were there and from experiences years ago, we know that PS Arrow caches are sneaky, tricky, and brilliant. We seniors need to be younger, I think!

--Pretty sure we found this one but didn't sign. The rat, yellow snake(!) and garbage scared us away.

--Once again, at area but our eyes don't work very well so we are making a claim because I doubt we will ever be here again. 

--We couldn't find it but we searched the beautiful area. Rock areas are difficult for us seniors. In the past, we have found many caches by (name removed). We are claiming this only because we zeroed out at gz but have too many issues to do an adequate search.

--Found two pipes but no cache but am claiming this as we are leaving for Edmonton, AB tomorrow morning . It is -39 there. We will likely never be geocaching here again as we seniors are finding it increasingly difficult with eye issues and mobility issues. 

--Claiming the find only because we are leaving the country tomorrow and won't have a chance to come back tomorrow. There were too many muggles around and we could only get about 6 m from gz. 

--We are seniors from Alberta and are not having much success finding these tiny caches. I am claiming some just because we visited and searched and came to places we would never be at were it not for geocaching. We even parked in the seniors parking!

And many others.  Have to wonder how many of their 5000+ finds were legit.

Edited by GrateBear
  • Funny 1
  • Surprised 2
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, GrateBear said:

--Claiming a find because we are leaving tomorrow. We saw the mushroom but couldn't stretch enough to search properly for cache. Tomorrow we will return to Edmonton, AB,, Canada. Note--last 4 cachers posted DNFs.

--Opened the doors, searched high and low but claiming only because we were there and from experiences years ago, we know that PS Arrow caches are sneaky, tricky, and brilliant. We seniors need to be younger, I think!

--Pretty sure we found this one but didn't sign. The rat, yellow snake(!) and garbage scared us away.

--Once again, at area but our eyes don't work very well so we are making a claim because I doubt we will ever be here again. 

--We couldn't find it but we searched the beautiful area. Rock areas are difficult for us seniors. In the past, we have found many caches by (name removed). We are claiming this only because we zeroed out at gz but have too many issues to do an adequate search.

--Found two pipes but no cache but am claiming this as we are leaving for Edmonton, AB tomorrow morning . It is -39 there. We will likely never be geocaching here again as we seniors are finding it increasingly difficult with eye issues and mobility issues. 

--Claiming the find only because we are leaving the country tomorrow and won't have a chance to come back tomorrow. There were too many muggles around and we could only get about 6 m from gz. 

--We are seniors from Alberta and are not having much success finding these tiny caches. I am claiming some just because we visited and searched and came to places we would never be at were it not for geocaching. We even parked in the seniors parking!

Ha, ha, log my cache and there will be a delete. Normally I give the geocacher time (a week or two, sometimes longer) to explain after I message them. But with the blatant admittance here of not finding it, it would be an instant delete. I wish more geocachers deleted false logs. I think some geocachers don't want to upset the person by deleting the logs, but they then potentially upset more (the genuine finders, especially in challenges and difficult finds), by not deleting the false logs.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, GrateBear said:

Wow.

Didn't find it 5/3/2019 Bycacher (Found=2 )
I think I found the place but it was empty.

Didn't find it 27/2/2019 By cacher (Found=263 )
Only found a hole that might have been the cache, no container.

Found it 26/2/2019 By cacher (Found=12)
Just found the hole no cache

Found it 21/2/2019 By cacher (Found=311)
Found the hole. Geo may of slipped down further
 GCN5K1 Log image uploaded from Geocaching® app

Didn't find it 15/2/2019 By cacher (Found=11)
No luck with this one

Didn't find it 12/2/2019 Bycacher (Found=2440 )
Couldn"t find stone although seemed to be in the right place.

Didn't find it 9/2/2019 By cacher (Found=3644)
Not available in winter? Covered with snow?

Didn't find it 29/1/2019 By cacher (Found=179)
Lol! ??. Must visit in the summer!