What's your IQ? The average Geocacher.

I think everyone that has posted a reply so far has shown not only how intelligent they are but also that they have alot of good sense. icon_smile.gif

It is hard to rate that, but easy to see it.

"Reputation is what men and women think of us; character is what God and angels know of us" - Thomas Paine

compass.gif

...with results sent to my crap email address. I switched off the exclusive filter for a minute to receive the message and then turned it on again. Guess they want your testing experience to feel good so you'll not block their future solicitations as quickly.

----------------------------------------------------------

Until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore,

You will not know the terror of being forever lost at sea.

quote:
Originally posted by nincehelser:

Try this one on for size:

http://www.mensa.org/workout.html

George

Well I got twenty two out of thirty correct. However it doesn't give you a score. I probably could have done better but its late.

My I.Q. on the other test was 147. Time seems to be important.

39197_2100.gif

Do not extend your expectations unto others, you will not be disappointed by the stupid things they do.

Mokita!

...because it makes psychologists upset.

I don't recall the details, but I think the inexpensive Mensa test (I think it's $25 now) was taking money out of the pockets of professional testers (who charge hundreds or more), so they had an agreement to stop giving out scores.

Now it's just "pass/fail". I don't understand how these other "testers" get away with giving out bogus numbers.

George

The first scored out at 195 when I was 12 and always in trouble with the school. The second at 205 when I was 18 and always in trouble with the school...But I am sure that my wife would strongly disagree with the results of both scores.

Still stupid despite the numbers

DirtRunner.

Your not first...But you could be next.

I took then test without providing any information. It then wouldn't give the score and just wanted my credit card number.

So I guess you have to give it some email address. I'm not willing to do that.

Regardless, that was not a hard test and did not work the way a standardized intelligence test does.

pokeanim3.gif

...did anyone think to wonder about tests from testing companies? These companies offer an IQ test, and at the end, invite you to take more tests (and collect either a fee from you, or an e-mail address + interests for targeted marketing).

...hmm... let's see...

SCREEN: "Result of test: AWFUL. I'd say you were as dumb as a post, loser, but that would be unkind to the post!"

now a new screen flashes up:

SCREEN: "Would you like to pay $15 to take more tests?"

USER (between drooling on keyboard and scratching their butt):"Um... no thanks; I've been insulted enough!"

Doesn't market well, does it?

However, this does:

SCREEN: "Result of test: WOW! You are a genius! People don't appreciate you as well as they should! You have hidden talents and deserve better than you are receiving from all around you!"

A new screen flashes up...

SCREEN: "Would you like to pay $15 to learn about more of your hidden under-appreciated by others talents, to see how better you are than all those around you?"

USER (between drooling on keyboard and scratching butt): "Well, butter me up, get a rope, and call me a greased pig that's been hog-tied! I always knew my shop teacher was wrong! I'm the brightest thing around! Just wait until Mabel and Clem hear of my new hidden talents! I'll pay that $15 right now!"

Remember, only in Lake Wobegon can *all* the children be above average!

[This message was edited by TeamJiffy on March 10, 2003 at 08:51 AM.]

Worrying about getting on yet-another-spam-list is a VERY valid concern… however there are times that you might like to ‘complete the form’ in order to gain access to whatever lies beyond. I have found a very nice method (..and it’s free icon_smile.gif) that will allow you to give a ‘working’ email address (which forward a defined number of email’s to your ‘real’ email address… and eat the rest) which you can use in cases like this. Check out http://www.spamgourmet.com/ and read up on how it works… found this a handy addition of tools in my fight with spam.

"Remember... nothing is completly worthless!!... it can always be used as a bad example"!

but I'd rather know where we all fit in as far as temperment goes (Sanguine, Choleric, Melancholic, Phlegmatic or whatever definitions you use).

Also, how many OCD sufferers are there . . .

Y'know . . just trying to figure out who to avoid. icon_wink.gif

Bret

"The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field.

When a man found it, he hid it again." Mt. 13:44

[This message was edited by CYBret on March 10, 2003 at 09:17 AM.]

Did anyone see that episode where the brother tested Raymond and his wife as part of his police training. He didn't want to give them the scores, but they begged him. He gave in and said that the wife had the higher score (I forget the exact numbers) and the dynamic of their relationship changed immediately. Raymond was down pretty bad and the wife did everything she could to cheer him up. He was milking it after a while. Then a couple days later, the brother said that he found he had made a mistake and mixed the scores. Raymond actually had the higher score. Raymond immediately took on a superior attitude and really pushed his score on his wife. It was interesting to see how each of them acted when they thought they were the 'smarter' one. Then the climax of the show, the brother revealed that it wasn't an IQ test at all. The whole thing was bogus. The real test was to give them each the scores letting them think they were the smarter and then observe their behavior.

As mentioned in a post above, I bet that first URL is giving out a bogus score and 'observing' your behavior to see if you will read their spam mail. icon_wink.gif

stealyourcache.gif Ever notice that anyone that caches less than you do is a moron, while anyone that caches more than you do is a maniac? -Dru Morgan

quote:
Originally posted by CYBret:

Also, how many OCD sufferers are there . . .

I do not consider myself to be either obsessive or compulsive. Or rather, I am neither obsessive nor compulsive.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

I was formerly employed by the Department of Redundancy Department, but I don't work there anymore.

I am writing simply to clarify my prior post. In it, I was referring only to my participation in geocaching. I am not obsessed with geocaching, and I am not compelled to do it. Is this clear?

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

I was formerly employed by the Department of Redundancy Department, but I don't work there anymore.

quote:
Originally posted by TeamJiffy:

Doesn't market well, does it?

If you answer all false, your score will be low 80s; all true, 116 or so. So they're at least checking your answers.

It's a fun quiz, but without being able to check yourself, it's pointless. At least the MENSA one gives you the answers and reasons.

Flat_MiGeo_B88.gif

"Winter's just the curtain. Spring will take the bow"

-- Richard Shindell, Spring

... a way to side-step the 'spam email' problem...

Thanks Rasstag

WOW!!! We're off the chart, man. 272 is good, Right??

We ARE supposed to combine all five of our scores, Right??

That was really fun and the other 3 tests we each paid for confirmed just what the first one told us. YUP YUP icon_wink.gif

Did the MENSA one several months ago and they gave me a score then. When did they stop giving scores?? ( I'm not telling what is was, but you can guess) icon_razz.gif

$1000 Bill geocaching is living in a 30 foot circle

I'd like to state that I'm very new to the whole computer thing in general. I apologize if I may have led some people to waste time taking a test that was possibly bogus. The whole point of this thread was to spread a little humor. When I took the test, I had no problem getting a score without giving them a credit card number. My intent was only to provide a little amusement. icon_smile.gif

What ain't no country I ever heard of! They speak English in What?

I've had a SPAM bin e-mail account for years.

An account that I use for signing up for anything on the web. All mail I recieve in this account is deleted. Everyone on the internet should have a junk mail account. There are so many free e-mail portals out there.

39197_2100.gif

Do not extend your expectations unto others, you will not be disappointed by the stupid things they do.

Mokita!

quote:
Originally posted by MaxEntropy:

We scored 177.

Since there were three working on it, we had to split the score three ways for 59 each.

We must be frickin morons.

Mickey

Max Entropy

More than just a name, a lifestyle.

The folks back at Possum Lodge will be very proud of you.

You guys are the coolest nerds I've ever come across. icon_biggrin.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_razz.gif . icon_confused.gif

-----

I got every one right in 10 minutes...

Did everyone else have to pay for their results?!?! Did some of you actually pay for that bogus test to keep existing? It says the test is free on the home page, but then they want money before they give you the results.

I sent them a nasty email from my junk yahoo account saying that they were ripping people off.

icon_biggrin.gif

-pizzachef

quote:
Originally posted by BloenCustoms:

I'd like to state that I'm very new to the whole computer thing in general. I apologize if I may have led some people to waste time taking a test that was possibly bogus. The whole point of this thread was to spread a little humor. When I took the test, I had no problem getting a score without giving them a credit card number. My intent was only to provide a little amusement. icon_smile.gif

What ain't no country I ever heard of! They speak English in What?

I can't believe I made a 140. icon_biggrin.gif

Capn Skully

Vini Vidi Velcro I came I saw I stuck around.

Originally posted by BloenCustoms:

QUOTE]

Don't be too put off by these posts to your thread. We're all (most at least) having fun with this like you wanted. We didn't pay anything or take any extra tests (just in case you thought we were serious).

$1000 Bill geocaching is living in a 30 foot circle

Well, this was a test I hadn't taken before. I had had some legit IQ testing done about 10 years ago and was running around 136, this one gave me a 144, and another one I took a few months ago gave me 136. I guess neither one is too far off. Anyway, IQ Tests are a joke anyway, I know some real wet noodles that could do a lot better than I on an IQ test, doesn't mean they are smart.

I don't mind taking these thing, cause long ago I realized I could just get a completely seperate SPAM account from Hotmail or Yahoo, or whoever, and keep the important ones to yourself. Everybody oughta do it.

Thank you for recently taking the Self Discovery Workshop's IQ Test.

Because of the Internet's ability to mishandle transmissions, we are

reconfirming via email that your IQ Test score was: 172 icon_confused.gif

Last professional test I took was about 19 years ago, and on that I scored 189. I still have those records!

I guess senility does start to set in when you have kids!!!!

I can go anywhere!! ... (if my wife lets me)