"Mystery" Sasquatch Coin

TheCollector

Dont know if this has been mentioned before but I couldnt find anything about it sorry if it has

So I got a notification in my email today about someone finding one of my caches. I didnt recognize the name of teh cacher so I looked at their (or should I say Its) Profile and saw this Geo Sasquatch So after work I went to the cache to investigate. When I got to the cache I opened it and to my surprise there was a coin i havent seen before in it. IMG_0250.jpgIMG_0249.jpg

Thanks Geo Sasquatch for such a beautiful coin :)

Awesome coin!

It's to bad Geo Sasquatch didn't make it up to http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...5e-94bb5660d108]Sky River Sasquatch[/url] when he/she visited Tunnel of Light. It was a filming location for a kiddie Bigfoot movie and there's a big old Sasquatch wood carving there. But what a great place to start, as not too far from Tunnel of Light there have been numerous Bigfoot reports (or 'we don't know what it was so maybe it was Bigfoot reports')

My wife dreamed of making a coin almost exactly like the Bigfoot side. Now I get to tell her not to sit on her ideas forever :)

Wow! Another nice mystery geocoin how exciting :) Many Bigfoot sightings here. Here is one pretty close to our house.

BFRO

YEAR: 1984

SEASON: Fall

MONTH: November

DATE: First saturday

STATE: Pennsylvania

COUNTY: Somerset County

LOCATION DETAILS: Laurel Hill (Above the abandoned Laurel Hill Pa. Turnpike Tunnel. Nearest Road: Approximately 1/2 mile due south of Pa. Turnpike Laurel Ridge Bypass.

OBSERVED: While returning from a grassy field located off of an old DER road, I had the feeling that I was being watched.

I also noticed a stong smell of what can only be described as a cross between body odor and a wet dog.

I was facing upwind of the smell when I noticed something out of the corner of my eye, moving paralell to the DER road.

I could not get a good look at it, but it was bigger than a bear and moving faster than one.

Whatever it was, it sure was not shy about making noise moving through the dense woods.

I did not stick around long enough to look for tracks, daylight was short and all I had was a .22 rifle.

ALSO NOTICED: I have hunted in that area during all seasons for almost 20 years, I have never noticed anything else unexplained before or since that day.

OTHER WITNESSES: Hunting groundhog and squirel

ENVIRONMENT: Small mountain in the Laurel Highlands, dense woods and no regular human habitation.

...Anthus

We call them skunk apes in this area of the world.... :blink::(

SkunkApe

From the webpage:

"...if you take in to consideration that we once thought the earth was flat! And we once thought that the moon was made of green cheese! And a long time ago, we even thought that Milli Vanilli could sing! Anything is possible."

Wow, y'know...I really CAN'T dispute this logic. I hereby believe in Sasquatch!

Edited by YemonYime

We call them skunk apes in this area of the world.... :(;)

SkunkApe

From the webpage:

"...if you take in to consideration that we once thought the earth was flat! And we once thought that the moon was made of green cheese! And a long time ago, we even thought that Milli Vanilli could sing! Anything is possible."

Wow, y'know...I really CAN'T dispute this logic. I hereby believe in Sasquatch!

All or nothing it's got to be! :blink: That is hardly logical, but go ahead and continue to dream that little dream... i am sure there are all kinds of weird critters out there waiting to be discovered.

I used to play in a band with Big Foot - he was the lead guitarist.

Couldn't sing, just grunted and drank a LOT of beer.

Spent most of his time naked (we think - he was VERY hairy).

In the end, he returned to the woods and has not been heard from again. Except......

on the occasional calm summer night... in the distance, we hear the soft refrain of "Sweet Home Alabama" with the distictive tone of BigFoot on guitar, the Jack-a-lope on drums, FishBoy on Bass, and the styling vocals of BatBoy lamenting his long lost Alabama....

Of course.... we ussually have had a LOT of beer.

Edited by Lemon Fresh Dog

Ooooh! W.A. huh? Here's my chance!

Woke up at 7am this Sunday morning, checked out the webpage, woke husband up at 7:30 and drove for an hour up into the hills on the trail of the mysterious bigfoot...

When we finally found the appropriate trail into the reserve, we parked and set off on the trail that we thought was the best. All around us was the smell of eucalyptus and sights of W.A. wildflowers welcomed us. As we moved up and up through the forest, we thought we saw a bit of a smashing of bushes and the odd bit of large footprint so we held up hope (and our camera) that we would find the elusive Bigfoot. In total we walked in circles for about 2km which isn't much unless you didn't take your water because you know that the cache was 600m away (haven't we all done that) and it is also far when it's through the Australian bush which is full of creatures that crawl...

Anyway, we made it to the waterfall and took in the sights...then turned and beelined for the cache. I spotted a bit of fur and maybe some fresh..well you know what. We opened the cache while holding our breath and....

no! It was gone. Some other hunter much more familiar with these woods had been here before us and had claimed his prize. On the way back to the car, on a much shorter path of course I kept my camera in hopes of snagging a picture of the hairy beast (well I did get some of El Cacholoco who had no time to shave before we left). Unfortunately that was not to be either. I did get a pic of some Australian wildflowers and this beautiful lizard who had camoflaged himself quite well.

week6029.jpg

week6031.jpg

thanks geo sasquatch for getting me into the forests of W.A.

Edited by gardengorilla

Ooooh! W.A. huh? Here's my chance!

Woke up at 7am this Sunday morning, checked out the webpage, woke husband up at 7:30 and drove for an hour up into the hills on the trail of the mysterious bigfoot...

When we finally found the appropriate trail into the reserve, we parked and set off on the trail that we thought was the best. All around us was the smell of eucalyptus and sights of W.A. wildflowers welcomed us. As we moved up and up through the forest, we thought we saw a bit of a smashing of bushes and the odd bit of large footprint so we held up hope (and our camera) that we would find the elusive Bigfoot. In total we walked in circles for about 2km which isn't much unless you didn't take your water because you know that the cache was 600m away (haven't we all done that) and it is also far when it's through the Australian bush which is full of creatures that crawl...

Anyway, we made it to the waterfall and took in the sights...then turned and beelined for the cache. I spotted a bit of fur and maybe some fresh..well you know what. We opened the cache while holding our breath and....

no! It was gone. Some other hunter much more familiar with these woods had been here before us and had claimed his prize. On the way back to the car, on a much shorter path of course I kept my camera in hopes of snagging a picture of the hairy beast (well I did get some of El Cacholoco who had no time to shave before we left). Unfortunately that was not to be either. I did get a pic of some Australian wildflowers and this beautiful lizard who had camoflaged himself quite well.

week6029.jpg

week6031.jpg

thanks geo sasquatch for getting me into the forests of W.A.

Big foot is calling in Australian Yowie ;):):D:D

And in the netherlands mrs geo.error :laughing::rolleyes:;)

Wow, we go to a cabin in the Kiamichi mountains of SE Oklahoma upon occasion known to have the largest concentration of bigfoot sightings in the US. Just had the annual bigfoot festival up there a couple of weeks ago. Never saw the critter till we were back home doing a little maintenance on a couple of our caches. Low and behold, the beast had left his mark right on one all the way down here in Texas. Woo Hoo we said, then quietly looked around to see if he was lurking around just getting ready to eat us.

Edited by cache_in_hand

Woohoo! it seems the Geo Sasquatch was visiting Western Australia last weekend. I was caching with Jodi of Team FireBoy,

and she wanted to see my favourite cache area around Perth. While we were enjoying a nice walk along the track to the cache,

I thought I saw a few odd looking footprints, but I didn't really think much of it. However, when I opened the cache I got a

huge surprise! There was a really nice Mystery Geo Sasquatch geocoin waiting inside! Wow! What a great looking coin.

It will be getting a nice home in my collection. Thank you very much Geo Sasquatch for making a great day so much better! :)

SasquatchLog.jpg

The last page of the log book

GeoSasquatchMysterycoin-front.jpg

This is the front of the coin

GeoSasquatchMysterycoin-rear.jpg

This is the rear of the coin

MalwithGeoSasquatchMysterycoin.jpg

Me with the Geo Sasquatch coin at Berry Reserve :-)

Woohoo! it seems the Geo Sasquatch was visiting Western Australia last weekend. I was caching with Jodi of Team FireBoy,

and she wanted to see my favourite cache area around Perth. While we were enjoying a nice walk along the track to the cache,

I thought I saw a few odd looking footprints, but I didn't really think much of it. However, when I opened the cache I got a

huge surprise! There was a really nice Mystery Geo Sasquatch geocoin waiting inside! Wow! What a great looking coin.

It will be getting a nice home in my collection. Thank you very much Geo Sasquatch for making a great day so much better! :rolleyes:

SasquatchLog.jpg

The last page of the log book

GeoSasquatchMysterycoin-front.jpg

This is the front of the coin

GeoSasquatchMysterycoin-rear.jpg

This is the rear of the coin

MalwithGeoSasquatchMysterycoin.jpg

Me with the Geo Sasquatch coin at Berry Reserve :-)

whhottt for 3be, watch out that it not comes alive :):):rolleyes:

keep watching your back now for yowie :rolleyes::rolleyes:

In the end, he returned to the woods and has not been heard from again. Except......

on the occasional calm summer night... in the distance, we hear the soft refrain of "Sweet Home Alabama" with the distictive tone of BigFoot on guitar, the Jack-a-lope on drums, FishBoy on Bass, and the styling vocals of BatBoy lamenting his long lost Alabama....

:)

My Scottish friends tell me that Nessie plays some kick-arse bagpipe. Of course, they're usually dramming up the whisky. :)

It dawned on me the other day that the Geo Sasquatch coin in the Tunnel of Light was still logged into the cache... :)

Plan A was to head up there yesterday after mightyzinn got out of school. Even though it was a nice, sunny fall day, he wasn't game. Plan B was to head up last night, but by the time I was able to head out, it was really late, there was no moon and it didn't seem like the best of ideas.

So I put Plan C into action pretty early this morning. Headed up to the APE cache with headlamp on in the snow/rain with the lights finally getting turned on about the time I hit the cache.

After a very complete search (twice) of that wonderfully large container, I decided the coin wasn't there. The OCD kicked in and I even expanded my search a bit (you know... just in case someone dropped it or something!). I think the only thing I didn't think of was to look to see if it was taped to the underside of the container :)

A bit disappointed that the coin was logged into the cache still, but that's how the cookie crumbles (and it crumbles that way quite a bit with the APE cache, as there were *no* trackables there but tons logged in, which has been the case the 5-6 times I've been there!)

Great little hike, views of a snowy Granite Mt and I even lucked out that Geo-Prime had paid a visit before I'd made it up there :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Thanks for the little midweek adventure Geo Sasquatch... the weekend felt soooo far away :rolleyes:

It dawned on me the other day that the Geo Sasquatch coin in the Tunnel of Light was still logged into the cache... :D

Plan A was to head up there yesterday after mightyzinn got out of school. Even though it was a nice, sunny fall day, he wasn't game. Plan B was to head up last night, but by the time I was able to head out, it was really late, there was no moon and it didn't seem like the best of ideas.

So I put Plan C into action pretty early this morning. Headed up to the APE cache with headlamp on in the snow/rain with the lights finally getting turned on about the time I hit the cache.

After a very complete search (twice) of that wonderfully large container, I decided the coin wasn't there. The OCD kicked in and I even expanded my search a bit (you know... just in case someone dropped it or something!). I think the only thing I didn't think of was to look to see if it was taped to the underside of the container :unsure:

A bit disappointed that the coin was logged into the cache still, but that's how the cookie crumbles (and it crumbles that way quite a bit with the APE cache, as there were *no* trackables there but tons logged in, which has been the case the 5-6 times I've been there!)

Great little hike, views of a snowy Granite Mt and I even lucked out that Geo-Prime had paid a visit before I'd made it up there :P:):lol: Thanks for the little midweek adventure Geo Sasquatch... the weekend felt soooo far away :)

That would have been a perfect cache to find it in too! Sad to hear it wasn't there....that's a long ways to go and a good amount of hiking too. At least you got the Prime! This is Bigfoot country though, so hopefully another sighting will happen for you!

Congrats to all who have found the furry one!

The stories I could tell...if you look in the BFRO site for Lenawee County reports, you'll read mine! BUT, that's not the only time I spoke with our friends at the research org, I had a few of their bigshots out to our neck of the woods to do another bit of investigation. Tod and I were in a dense forest-like wooden are known as Lost Nations.

When I was young, stories of strange hairy and smelly "people" were told about this area, it was quite well known! Reports of them living in a cave in the area were told of among school kids, hunters often reported smelling something strange or hearing strange "screams" in the woods. It was said people would sometimes go in, but never be seen again!

A few of us mountain biked the hilly lands, the trails were about 15 miles long, but broke up by roads every 2 or 3 miles...the whole trail is actually the Blue Dot trail! One day, a friend and I were out and had stopped at the top of an exceptionally long and winding hill when we heard (and felt) something I'd never heard before. It was like a roar mixed with a chainsaw...kinda a roar with the "clicking" sound that Predator made. The only sound I can liken it to in the wild would be the roar of a mountain lion we met up with once...but there's no cats in our area, and this was MUCH bigger than a cat!

Well, even though we'd rode this trail hundreds of times, I felt a bit nervous and couldn't help but feel we were being watched! I never stopped looking back as I was bringing up the rear. We didn't ride there anymore! BUT, Tod and I went out there looking for the cave a few times...

One day, we came across some scat that was like nothing we'd ever seen before. It was laying in the middle of a deer trail right out in the open and at first, I thought it rather rude a person would pick that spot to relieve himself. Then we got closer and realized it couldn't be human?? It was very wide and made up of different things like rabbit hair, grass and berries. Well, it intrigued us so, we took out a baggie and bagged that scat up...it was almost too long for the baggie though!

I wrote our friends at BFRO, they sent their guys out, we checked out the area and I handed over the scat. I really should have kept some of it, but I trusted those guys...silly me. They were quite surprised at what they had, I had sent them pictures, but in person it was much more impressive lol They assured me I'd be kept in the know, but soon learned I was duped!

First reports were that it was definitely primate. I asked what exactly that meant, and they said it could have been human, but doubtful. It did have fur in it as well as berriews and grass, with some bark and such as well! A second report came back as being deer, but they flopped on it when I asked questions, then never returned another call! It wasn't deer, it wasn't human, but I do believe the primate report!

Kaleb and I heard a strange sound last year while walking a different tract of densely wooded land, it sounded strangely like a rather irked ape!

True stories.

:)

My Scottish friends tell me that Nessie plays some kick-arse bagpipe. Of course, they're usually dramming up the whisky. :)

when i was in scotland i see nessie swim :P and jeahhhh he play some kick-arse bagpipe and i did`t drink whisky :D

but then again i drink a lot of beer :lol:

oh dammm now i`m sober i see it is just a duck :unsure:

IMG_0719.jpg

anyway for everybody who find this beautiful coin....

CONGRATZZZZZZ

and for SASQUATCH THANKS FOR MAKE ALL PEOPLE SMILE...

Edited by lorca.nl

That's a cool looking coin. I always loved reading all the stories about Sasquatch, Big Foot or Yeti. We even had an entire summer of spottings around the Hannibal, Mo area. We always searched but were also a little afraid we might actually find him.

It's reassuring to hear that he's a cacher. THANKS Geo Sasquatch for adding to the fun.

Oh a bigfoot coin!!!! :)

I like it!!!!! :P

Oh boy! I was a big foot in the army!!!! :laughing:

All men in Greece have to go in the army for some months! When I went, 14 years ago, I asked if they had a 45 number in army boots! Sorry I do not know the size in USA! It is the size in Greece! Probably it is the same in many European countreis, but I do not know it for sure!

I am wearing a 44, but I was told to take a number higher (bigger size), so I will not have problems, injuries etc!

They didn't have a 45 left, they didn't have a 44 too, so they gave me a....48 FF !!! FF means that except that it was huge, it was very wide!!!

My feet were "swimming" inside!!!! I was wearing boats and no boots!!! :laughing: All other soldiers were joking saying that I had forgotten the oars, or they were asking me where I had left the engine of the boats!

When we went for an excersise near the sea, one officer told me that I didn't need to go in a boat....I could walk on the water with these boots!!!!

I still remember how heavy they were!!! When I was going out from the camp and was wearing normal shoes....I was feeling like I was flying!!!! :laughing:

I was a bigfoot in the army!!!! :D

Of course...I didn't keep these boots!!!! I throw them away when I finished!!!! :D