Eleventh Month, Eleventh Day, Eleventh Hour

fairyhoney

-_- Here's a first for me and it is something that I hold dear to my heart. Today is Veterans day. It was the Eleventh Month, Eleventh Day, Eleventh Hour. I Went to my grand daughter's assembly this last Friday. It was excellent, but I swear, a couple of those songs they sang, made the tears stream down my cheeks.

I want to give my thanks to all the veterans out there with my standard ...

Thank you for keeping US free!!! :lol:

O.O., here's what this is all about. I want to give ONE coin away to a randomly picked posting to any one who's served in the military. And yes, spouses count if you were with your other for most of the enlistments. It has to be random since I have to work a double this day and won't be able to answer any questions ( or I'd ask what song was the one that makes me weepy whenever I hear it). Oh, yea, I haven't gone through my coins yet to make sure I can locate the apecific one I want to give out. Just bear with me, you Should like it. Fairyhoney :anicute:

Do just US service personnel count. I served in the UK forces Royal Logistics Corp (driving lorries) and later in the Royal Army Medical Corps (As a nurse).

My father also server with 2 PARA in the Falklands war. I was 7 at the time and remeber thinking it was very exciting him going off to fight. He never spoke much about the war until I read an autobiography written by a guy he knew. It was only then that I realised that friends of his had died.

Just respected my 2 minutes silence here in the UK.

Pound to be an American always gets me. I haven't been able to sing the Star Spangled Banner through without tears since '75. I lived in Chile at the time as an exchange student. A group of us got together for the 4th of July. We were told that to sing our National Song could get us shot, yet with bravery only teens know, we sang it loud and proud in front of the club we were about to enter. Strange how the area cleared out. Taps can do it too. As well, as Amazing Grace on bag pipe.

Happy Veteran's Day out there to all who served, in peace or in war!

terri of terri and billy

USAR, OIF

Granddaughter of Armond DeLong, USA, WWII

Daughter of Joseph Czarnecki, USN, WWII, Korea and Vietnam

Daughter in law of William A Doughty, USN

Wife of William G Doughty, USA

Mother of William J Doughty, USA, Kosovo

I served in the USN as a Flight Engineer in the early 70's and I gotta tell you that new Tim McGraw song "If Your Reading This" just tears me up and "Proud to an American" gives me goosebumps

My Dad was a Corpsman in the Big WWII and got the Purple Heart and Silver Star during the Normandy Invasion. He's been gone for 18 yrs. now but EVERY Veterans Day the family goes and places a Flag by his grave. This year it will have a Flanders Poppy pin on it as well.

Gotta go, there's something in my eye!

We'd like to put forward these names for inclusion in the draw. If one of them wins we can forward the coin to them for you.

JLAM-D in Ottawa, ON

3-Bearss in Halifax, NS

coast2coast2coast in Comox (and now Victoria), BC

2happy2gether in Bordon/Toronto, ON

Yorkdiver in Chilliwack, BC

Honk_sm in Cold Lake, AB

navigator435 in Winnipeg, MB

These are all geocoin collectors but most of all they are actively serving Canadian Forces members who are verifiers on bases around the country for all the men and women on the Canadian Forces Geocoins.

Thank you for all you do so that we can live in peace!

I wasn't there

But I care.

Thank you.

CF30

Amen!

I may not support the cause, but I sure support the troops! Thanks for all that you do and have done! salute.gif

My grandfather was in WWII. He was part of the team that hit Normandy the day after. He got a Silver Star and a Purple Heart from it. Grampa is still with us physically, but mentally his mind is a long way away and he lives in the past. We are so proud of him for his service, especially as a Mexican American back in the 40's, facing a lot of discrimination and such. War stories are one of the things he can remember, even if he can't remember my name.

Here's to you, Alex P Vasquez, my beloved grandfather!

salute.gifsalute.gifsalute.gifsalute.gifsalute.gif

Thanks for the cointest and have a wonderful Veterans Day.

Immediate Family:

tsunrisebey: US Army 87-93/95B

Dad: US Army, Vietnam Vet, 22 years/retired, Pilot

Brother: US Navy; USS Nimitz, 90-92

Mom: Married to the military, thanks for hanging in there.

Thanks to all who served our/their country.

edit to add right holiday, good grief.

Edited by tsunrisebey

I hit the eight year mark this August. I joined the U.S. Navy August 3rd of 1999. I am an electronics technician but have done quite a few other jobs while at different commands. I am currently preparing for another deployment. BTW, women are still outnumbered in the USN by roughly ten to one.

Howdy!

I'm also currently serving (not a veteren, per se) in the USN. I'm a Sonar Tech. My father was in Vietnam and my husband is a retired Navy Chief Aerographer's Mate (a weather guy). And my uncle actually flew Navy planes to my base on occassion long ago.

Thank you for the cointest -- it's a very nice idea. : )

I served in the USN during the Gulf War on an aircraft carrier.

Stephanie's Dad was served in Vietnam as a USN Seabee. Her grandfather served in WWII as a pilot with The Flying Tigers.

Support the Troops!

~Jason

which carrier? Im a retired Navy Chief was on the Saratoga during Desert Storm

I come from a long line of veterans; my dad was in the Army during WWII, my brother served in Vietnam, my other brother served in the reserves, and my husband served in the Army (thankfully during peace time).

Words cannot express how thankful I am for these brave men and women who serve and protect our great country!

Happy Veteran's Day to all who have served and to all that are currently serving.

Thank you FairyHoney for the cointest-very generous of you.

I lived in the Philippines during the Viet Nam war and unfortunately I got to see some of the causalities of war a up close and personal. Our school was next to the hospital and on many occasions our playground was closed because helicopters were landing there bringing in casualties from Viet Nam. Believe me, it left a profound impression in my mind and my heart. I am always grateful to those that have served and I have such compassion for those who are living in the areas where there is war.

My father: WWII-captured by the Japanese and imprisoned at Camp O'Donald, Philippines, served in Korea, and Viet Nam- retired

My older brother: USN

My younger brother: USN, served in the Gulf War and Iraq twice (received Bronze Star)

My 2 Uncles: USN and USAF

My husband: USN

My Mother in law: USN

My Father in law: USN

My Brother--USMC for 15 years.

My Father-in-Law--US Army, WW2, Europe

My Dad--USMC, Korean War

My one still living Uncle--US Army, 30 years. Spent WW2 in Europe, stepped on a land mine, and survived. Retired in 1969 or so.

Another Uncle--USN. Between WW2 and Korea. Died in 1950.

Three of the four Brothers in my Dad's family served.

Me--USN 1974-1982. Still work for them as a Civilian, repairing the Fleet. Will retire in 2010 with 35 years combined service.

For us--Heritage

Happy Veteran's Day to all who have served and to all that are currently serving.

Thank you FairyHoney for the cointest-very generous of you.

I lived in the Philippines during the Viet Nam war and unfortunately I got to see some of the causalities of war a up close and personal. Our school was next to the hospital and on many occasions our playground was closed because helicopters were landing there bringing in casualties from Viet Nam. Believe me, it left a profound impression in my mind and my heart. I am always grateful to those that have served and I have such compassion for those who are living in the areas where there is war.

My father: WWII-captured by the Japanese and imprisoned at Camp O'Donald, Philippines, served in Korea, and Viet Nam- retired

My older brother: USN

My younger brother: USN, served in the Gulf War and Iraq twice (received Bronze Star)

My 2 Uncles: USN and USAF

My husband: USN

My Mother in law: USN

My Father in law: USN

Having been a student of WW2 in the Pacific for most of my life, I know about Camp O'Donnell. Was he on the March?

Please tell your Dad that one of the generation that followed his, thanks a member of the Greatest Generation.

I follow in a long line of military service.

15 years in the Army so far. In the Reserves (MP) and getting ready to deploy and sign the rest of my life away on the next contract. As one other put it, it sure has changed since I first enlisted.

Hopefully I'll be able to do some caching to kill time while in the sandbox.

Edited by scuba dude

I'm Back! I am So sorry for taking So long to get back to you wonderful people :D ! My eyes hurt way too much last night to pursue this cointest! This morning I went through some of my coins and happened across 2 that I was going to offer. Then, I looked to see how many post (minus my own) were posted= which was 32 plus I added 2 to that number due to 2 PMs to come up with 34. I know, how Do I come up with such brilliant ideas :laughing: !Anyways, I made up 34 same sized squares and folded them into fourths, put them into a brown paper sack and asked my younger son to draw 2 pieces of paper. He did.

I need post # 10 and #22 to send me their home addresses etc.

Congratulations to Arthur & Trillian and to Jackalgirl!

I want to thank all of you for being brave enough to look into my post and to check it out

Most of all . . . THANK YOU FOR KEEPING "US" FREE ! ! !

And I want to second the Thank You to each and every man and woman who has served, is serving, and will serve.

THANK YOU!!!

THANK YOU!!!

THANK YOU!!!

Congratulations to Arthur & Trillian and to Jackalgirl!

I want to thank all of you for being brave enough to look into my post and to check it out

Most of all . . . THANK YOU FOR KEEPING "US" FREE ! ! !

And I want to second the Thank You to each and every man and woman who has served, is serving, and will serve.

THANK YOU!!!

THANK YOU!!!

THANK YOU!!!

She?was able to convey how I wanted to print it! This is completely off the subject, but just How do you get Big and colored letters :laughing: ???

What your post would have looked like with closed tags:

:D Here's a first for me and it is something that I hold dear to my heart. Today is Veterans day. It was the Eleventh Month, Eleventh Day, Eleventh Hour. I Went to my grand daughter's assembly this last Friday. It was excellent, but I swear, a couple of those songs they sang, made the tears stream down my cheeks.

I want to give my thanks to all the veterans out there with my standard ...

Thank you for keeping US free!!! :laughing:

O.O., here's what this is all about. I want to give ONE coin away to a randomly picked posting to any one who's served in the military. And yes, spouses count if you were with your other for most of the enlistments. It has to be random since I have to work a double this day and won't be able to answer any questions ( or I'd ask what song was the one that makes me weepy whenever I hear it). Oh, yea, I haven't gone through my coins yet to make sure I can locate the apecific one I want to give out. Just bear with me, you Should like it. Fairyhoney :D

I am going to keep this going until the end of this day. So, guess away And if several pick the correct song. Well, I'll just rmdomly pick a winner again :unsure:

I did say it was just for fun. I wanted to se if anybody out there would respond.

I have a coin I was going to give away for guessing the song!

So, again, guess away. I won't give any clues on this one.