Cache Naked Coin

A,J&BG

Hey no worries I am new to collection and can only suggest what I like personally. I do like your coin just think that a all metal finish on the back with maybe purple lettering would make it a little more desireable, at least for me. I know I like coins that have at least one part that shows off a finish. I will also recommend having it minted in more than one finish. Gold, Black Nickel, Nickel, Copper, and the list can go on.... Its all about what you want in your coin.

Edited by tw3nty3ight
I just want to find out if there is any interest in purchasing our coin before we think about having it made....

COINsmall.jpg

LMAO :D Love the idea! I'd be in for a few. And I like the idea of translucent purple also. Maybe two different finishes?

Also along the same theme - Coed Naked Geocaching? :rolleyes:

CF30

Nothing has been approved by GC... I am just getting a feel of if it is even worth the trouble of having it made.

I would hope that the icon would end up being the guy.

I will look into the translucent enamel and see what I think.

Thanks everyone!

Yep I have cached naked once.... LOL A friend came by my house and left a coin in my cache for me and I went out in nothing but a housecoat to get the coin.... I didn't wait to get dressed...lol (I guess that is as close to naked caching as I am ever going to get.) It was my favorite cacher LoriDarlin and she left me a very special coin!

James (Scorpio King) thinks that he wants to give it a try someday...lol Of course it was his idea for the coin.

I did a t-shirt for our small university residence a few years back that had spaceman spiff and it had to be changed (Calvin's hair) enough to pass. Bill Watterson (or more likely the corporate folks in charge of the distribution) are very particular with Calvin and Hobbes. I love the coin tho and hope it goes ahead. Good luck!

:rolleyes: Ummm... Don't count on it!! ;)

Calvin & Hobbes & Illegal Licensing ...

D-man :D

I was thinking that as well, but browsing the database over at geocoincollection looking for Pooh (the BEAR not the other kind :D ) found several that are blatantly copying the character that I'm pretty sure Disney owns the copyright to. Not sure where/when those coins were minted, but someone pulled a fast one there! ;)

As to the Calvin-esque kid on the coin in question, just a matter of removing the spiky hair and he looks like any other little kid on the loose after bath time.

Once copyright issues resolved, count me in for a couple!

Edited by dflye

:rolleyes: Ummm... Don't count on it!! :D

D-man ;)

I was thinking that as well, but browsing the database over at geocoincollection looking for Pooh (the BEAR not the other kind :D ) found several that are blatantly copying the character that I'm pretty sure Disney owns the copyright to. Not sure where/when those coins were minted, but someone pulled a fast one there! :)

As to the Calvin-esque kid on the coin in question, just a matter of removing the spiky hair and he looks like any other little kid on the loose after bath time.

Once copyright issues resolved, count me in for a couple!

Yeah, at the sign shop where I work we try to keep on top of the copyright issues.

Not to say that something doesn't "squeek" through every once in a while for someone that we know really well, but for the average person coming in off the street, we turn them away all the time when they want something that is a blatant copyright infringement.

You just never know when it may be someone from one of the companies fishing for a lawsuit. :D

Unfortunately, that does happen!! B)

I agree that if you loose the spiked hair you'd be less likely to be called down on your design. That was definately one of Calvin's trademark features.

D-man ;)

I am working with someone to try to work something out with the copyright. I called the company that actually has the copyright on calvin and I am awaiting their answer... But for now I am going to look into just having him bald or something... I will let everyone know how it turns out.

Yep I have cached naked once.... LOL A friend came by my house and left a coin in my cache for me and I went out in nothing but a housecoat to get the coin.... I didn't wait to get dressed...lol (I guess that is as close to naked caching as I am ever going to get.) It was my favorite cacher LoriDarlin and she left me a very special coin!

James (Scorpio King) thinks that he wants to give it a try someday...lol Of course it was his idea for the coin.

aaawww!!!! Caching naked for one of MY coins....i guess I'm honored ROFLMAO!!! You know I will be buying some of yours!! It's a great design and I'm happy you guys are doing one!!! :laughing:

PS - I wonder what everyone is thinking when they are sitting behind James at a stop light .... Life's short, cache naked. Cache naked? "what the heck is cache Mabel???? Let's try it"!!!!!

Life's short, cache naked. Cache naked? "what the heck is cache Mabel???? Let's try it"!!!!!

"Oh Good Lord Fred! You remember the last time we tried something kinky!?! You threw your hip out again and we had to pay the repairman $150 to replace the ceiling fan!!"

:laughing::anibad::blink:

Edited by gridlox

Wow...I have no idea how i did not see this post. I have been working on a "cache naked" coin for a few months now and am into the final stage of my artwork. Luckily yours is quite a bit different then my idea. Looks good! Definately digging it! :unsure:

Jayman11

This is the same picture used on car stickers. I am sure that they have changed it enough to be approved or they wouldn't be able to sale the stickers.

:unsure: Ummm... Don't count on it!! :(

D-man :P

I found this line intersting in the link:

If I could not control what 'Calvin and Hobbes' stood for, the strip was worthless to me.

This is a quote from Bill Watterson. Seems that all this "fan art" of Calvin and Hobbes is not considered flattering. By creating products that based on his characters, essentially the public made him want to quit drawing the strip. Now that's sad. I don't know if this is why he did eventually quit as he did renegotiate his contract and continue writing it.