tadpole379 personal geocoin

tadpole379

Samples are in!!!

DSCN1260.jpg

I am not accepting payment until I have the coins in hand, but I have placed my order with the mint, so I am opening up a reservation list.

I am minting 250 coins...75 in Black Nickel with translucent enamel, 75 in Black Nickel with hard enamel and Glow, 75 Shiny Gold with translucent enamel, and 25 LE Shiny Copper with translucent enamel.

Coins are 1.75", 3mm thick, shaped, and all feature hard or translucent enamel.

Coins will be in the $8 price range with shipping set at $2.00 for one coin, $0.50 for each additional coin. Contact me for international shipping.

To reserve your coins, go to http://tadpole379.tripod.com/geocoin/ and fill out the reservation form. Check out the web site for more sample pictures and more details.

It is just for a reservation. Once I have the coins, I will send out Paypal invoices. If you are no longer interested or do not have the money at that time, you can chose not to accept the invoice, and the next person on the list will have the opportunity to buy those coins that you reserved.

I just tried to reserve a set but I'm not sure if my reservation went thru. :laughing: Did I miss out on another nice coin? (Darn work... :laughing: ) After submitting my reservation a page came up thanking me for my reservation and that a confirmation e-mail would be sent to me. There was also a "Done" button on that page. When I clicked on the "Done" button a new page came up stating that my reservation could not be submitted at this time. :laughing:

Sooooo I don't know if my reservation went thru or not. Can someone please let me know if: 1. the coins are "sold" out or not and: 2. if my reservation went thru or not.

Pretty coins! <_< I hope I'm in!

Thanks, CF30

I just tried to reserve a set but I'm not sure if my reservation went thru. :laughing: Did I miss out on another nice coin? (Darn work... :laughing: ) After submitting my reservation a page came up thanking me for my reservation and that a confirmation e-mail would be sent to me. There was also a "Done" button on that page. When I clicked on the "Done" button a new page came up stating that my reservation could not be submitted at this time. :laughing:

Sooooo I don't know if my reservation went thru or not. Can someone please let me know if: 1. the coins are "sold" out or not and: 2. if my reservation went thru or not.

Pretty coins! <_< I hope I'm in!

Thanks, CF30

Both reservations went through...and I sent you two confirmation emails..I have you down for one of each finish...Dont know why it gave you an error...-tadpole379

I put in two reservations as well... the first one for myself, which didn't seem to go through -- said there was an error. And the 2nd one for someone else, but that one said it processed just fine. So it's not a specific browser or session thing. Just luck of timing. Anyway, I'll sit back and wait for the confirmation emails now. Thanks!

Some people have been saying that the site is giving error messages...I am not computer savvy so I dont know why it is doing that.

So if the site is giving you trouble or you are not sure if the order went through...send me an email at

tadpole379@hotmail.com with

your geocaching name:

your real name:

your email:

paypal email:

address:

What coins you want to reserve:

comments:

I will send you a confirmation email that I got the order so you know it got through.

Samples are in!!!

DSCN1260.jpg

I am not accepting payment until I have the coins in hand, but I have placed my order with the mint, so I am opening up a reservation list.

I am minting 250 coins...75 in Black Nickel with translucent enamel, 75 in Black Nickel with hard enamel and Glow, 75 Shiny Gold with translucent enamel, and 25 LE Shiny Copper with translucent enamel.

Coins are 1.75", 3mm thick, shaped, and all feature hard or translucent enamel.

Coins will be in the $8 price range with shipping set at $2.00 for one coin, $0.50 for each additional coin. Contact me for international shipping.

To reserve your coins, go to http://tadpole379.tripod.com/geocoin/ and fill out the reservation form. Check out the web site for more sample pictures and more details.

Are you doing any trades?

Update on reservations: The LE copper coins are all reserved and I have a waiting list for any extras

There are about 10 more of the BN translucent, 10 more of the BN glow, and plenty left of the gold.

It seems that the BN versions are the most popular, so if there is enough interest and I have enough people who want to reserve these coins, I may order more. The shiny copper is the LE version, and only 25 will be minted...they will NOT be reordered. ** The gold coins came out beautiful..the pictures do not do them justice..you will not be disappointed with any of the finishes available.***

Thank you to everyone who has placed reservations so far...and for all of the positive comments. :ph34r:

-tadpole379-

I got to meet the Tadpole at the After Bash event....such a nice person...and got a little sig item that is in my display case even now.

In front of her, shiny and wonderful, were the samples of her coin. Good golly, I can't wait for mine. Good job on these...and she is correct: the pics don't do them justice.

:unsure:

Update!!!

I got an e-mail today from Sara at Oakcoins that my tadpole379 coins are in transit to me and should arrive shortly.

I am on vacation right now, but will be home on Monday August 13th, and I am crossing my fingers that my coins will be waiting for me. I have taken reservations and trade offers, and I will begin sending out paypal invoices to those on my reservation list and I will send out coins from trades that have been arranged once I get home from my vacation.

***I am not accepting any more reservations, all coins for sale have been reserved. If I have extra coins from unpaid invoices (or from me miscounting) I will post here with the metals and quantities that are left in case anyone missed the reservations.***

Thank you to everyone for your support, kind words, and interest in my first coin project!!

-tadpole379

Samples are in!!!

...75 in Black Nickel with translucent enamel...

I've never seen this look good. Translucent over black just looks yucky. I hope you got samples of it first and verified that it looks okay. I'm surprised the minter didn't suggest not to do that, considering how bad it usually looks. If you already got a sample of the BN/translucent, could you post a picture as I'm curious how it turned out.

--Marky

Samples are in!!!

...75 in Black Nickel with translucent enamel...

I've never seen this look good. Translucent over black just looks yucky. I hope you got samples of it first and verified that it looks okay. I'm surprised the minter didn't suggest not to do that, considering how bad it usually looks. If you already got a sample of the BN/translucent, could you post a picture as I'm curious how it turned out.

--Marky

http://tadpole379.tripod.com/geocoin/id10.html I can't get the direct link to the image since my job blocks photobucket; but its on this site. The black doesn't seem to be showing through the translucents maybe there's a layer of something else? I think I can imagine how a coin might look bad; but I think this one looks pretty good :(