It's getting deep out there!

Prying Pandora

:unsure::):blink:;)

And I'm here in California and missing the snow. Well, I do leave today for Indianapolis and it is forecast for there later in the week. The only problem with that is the caching set for Sunday may not happen. Oh well, if it doesn't that just means we meet at a pub.

Thanks for the pics. At least I can enjoy the snow that way.

Plaidguy just got home a half hour ago. Long night. I'm going to work, but I'm going to have to walk.

I work the Swing Shift at the MS Data Center in Canyon Park. I left for work an hour early yesterday and wouldn't you know it.... I got there an hour early!

Of course... then the Graveyard shift.... ALL OF THEM.. or should I say NONE OF THEM showed up. I ended up working a 17 hour shift. I think I'll go in late today :unsure:

There's about a foot or two on the ground here in Ellensburg. The pass was nasty on Sunday. We were going about 5 miles an hour on the west side of the pass. It took us 6 hours to get to Eburg, a trip that would normally takes 2 hours. The roads here are covered in compact snow. The university is running normally.

Edited by Dwoodford

When we moved here this past September, we were told: "Oh, it never snows *in* Seattle. Well, maybe once every 10 years or so."

I am glad we got to see snow this year! We like snow! And, for better or for worse, have had lots of practice driving in it.

(although I do feel badly for those people who have been severely inconvenienced by it)

------------

We were also told: "Oh, those rains and floods in early November only happens once every 10 years or so"

I am not glad we got to see so much of that rain this year already!

Could I go to work today? Yes...

Am I going to work today? No, I'm going to start my vacation one day early and not fight the stupid people out there driving in this stuff. It's 23 degrees at my house and that means ice under all that white.

Actually, the news media did a good job at keeping most of the knuckle heads home. It was an easy drive from Totem Lake to Redmond to Bellevue this morning. The major intersections were well sanded and most folks were driving with an ounce or two of common sense. Two yahoos whom clearly didn't know what they were doing should have stayed home, but they were easy to drive around to get past their white knuckled driving.

Edited by TotemLake

The low this morning was 26°. We're right on the water in Seabeck. A heavy North wind has been pelting us good since yesterday afternoon. Lots of white caps. The owner of a sailboat that broke anchor and landed on our beach wasn't to happy! :cry: But all is well. He managed to get it back up the shore line to a friends bouy with the help of neighbors.

We only got 4" to 5" of snow, but that's enough to make it miserable. Although... Ole Siam is happy. He's out snow plowing. :cry: Christmas money! :cry: Maybe this year that plow will finally pay for it's self! :cry:

Lummieh

Down here in Vancouver we had some howling winds all afternoon y'day. We lost power for a few hours last night, but it came on in time to see most of Survivor. Good to know we have the essentials and all. Our tree is a birch and nothing snapped off this time, but down two blocks a tree crushed our neighbor's van. Today we went from a clear blue sky and warm sun, to quick clouds, ice pellets, huge puffy snowflakes, then back to clear sun, in about two hours. The snow that landed in shadows is still around.

A mighty fine wind blew here last night. I am grandkid sitting as All41and Ambrosia enjoy a anniversary weekend away. The wind blew so strong around midnight I moved my granddaughter from one bed to the couch, away from the bed near the big tree. Then I went through the house shutting off computers and unplugging appliance. I can't remember hearing such a strong wind at night. The lights fluttered a few times then went out for good just before 3 am. We were only without power for about 6-7 hours. A tree about half a mile down the rode knocked down the power lines. That was the closest incident but all the schools in the area were closed for the day. We had previously received a lot of snow but the wind took care of that. So now we have to hope for more snow soon. I am so glad we only have windstorms like that in our area about once every ten years or so. B)

With such big firs around my house we bolted as soon as we saw the noon news on Thursday. Off to the hotel. I'm used to wind storms, but if any of these trees fell on the house, they'd cut through it like a knife through butter. It was worth the peace of mind to be able to sleep through the storm. I did suffer from computer withdrawals though! Came back to find large limbs blocking the driveway, but the house was o.k. Poor Kitty (my black Lab) got out of the barn & chewed some of the trim off the back door - poor scared dog. So we have "storm damage" of sorts....

Well, the storm drove us from the area and into Idaho. We were still out of power this morning and the neighbors have a friend working for the power company who says that we will be one of the last areas to get power (Sammamish). After a frigid night last night, my wife said "enough!" and we headed east to start the holidays a little earlier than expected with the family.

Still, we are among the lucky ones. A couple houses just down the block were hit and badly damaged by trees. Three of the five normal routes off of the Plateau for us were blocked by trees and/or wires yesterday. It's a mess!