Torn Mailer Lost Coin - Coin

I had surgery a few weeks ago and in a pain killer induced fog this coin idea emerged.

Ah, that makes sense....

Swoot.

(For those who don't listen to satellite radio, feel free to look up the word in the urban dictionary).

Is this being respectful?

I thought we were to have respect for one another on these forums.

My comment is about the coin and has nothing to do with the person who made it.

Once again - public forum. Some good feedback, some not so good. Gotta take it all.

This is nothing personal so don't try to make it something it's not. It's a comment about the coin.

OK?

I had surgery a few weeks ago and in a pain killer induced fog this coin idea emerged.

Ah, that makes sense....

Swoot.

(For those who don't listen to satellite radio, feel free to look up the word in the urban dictionary).

Is this being respectful?

I thought we were to have respect for one another on these forums.

Actually, you need to be a "glass half full" person here.

There is 1 negative connotation to the word, and 4 good ones...you decide. :sad:

Ok so I Googled it with regards to it being used on satellite radio and it not nice. So that is not nice.

There has been WAY to much unhappiness in this geocoin forum lately! It used to be a nice happy place were we could come and see cool new coins and they scramble to buy them, now everytime a new coin is announced there is 1 or serveral people right there to bad mouth it. My mom taught me and I teach my kids -- "If you do not have anything nice to say do not say anything at all". I am not saying be all happy all the time but come on, there is such thing as constructive critisim....lets try that.

Sorry to hijack this thread...now back to the sad but funny bubble mailer coin.....

There will be more unhappiness in the threads if people continue to mint coins with no relation to caching.

This coin I actually can see a relation to caching. What a welcome change over the last few releases in the past few days. My biggest question, which may have been answered elsewhere, is if Moun10Bike gave the OK for his name to be on it. If he wasn't asked prior I would find that kind of icky.

There will be more unhappiness in the threads if people continue to mint coins with no relation to caching.

This coin I actually can see a relation to caching. What a welcome change over the last few releases in the past few days. My biggest question, which may have been answered elsewhere, is if Moun10Bike gave the OK for his name to be on it. If he wasn't asked prior I would find that kind of icky.

The answer is that I would never have done this coin without asking his permission, but I am glad you asked.

Ah, that makes sense....

Swoot.

I can always count on an insult from Kealia! It is begining to feel personal.

He doesn't like my coins when they are not enough geocaching related for his tastes. Then one is geocaching related and he still doesn't like it. But as someone once said, no such thing as bad publicity.

So Thanks Kealia.

Maybe if you were willing to meet me, you wouldn't hate me so much. I have offered and been refused, which is all I can do.

He doesn't like my coins when they are not enough geocaching related for his tastes. Then one is geocaching related and he still doesn't like it. But as someone once said, no such thing as bad publicity.

So Thanks Kealia.

Maybe if you were willing to meet me, you wouldn't hate me so much. I have offered and been refused, which is all I can do.

I don't hate you, but I'm not sure why you care. I won't apologize for you taking it personally, sorry. And I won't be painted as the bad guy for having an opinion and voicing it.

Yes, we've traded emails offline which is where this should stay. I won't say more.

Personally, I don't see why my one opinion seems to carry so much weight.

Feel free anytime to take this thread back on topic, lest I be blamed for taking it off.

I see a friction here.

I like both of you....woooops did I say that?

So many times things like this happen to make bitterness come between geocachers.

We all have different opinions but we should also be right up front about what we say.

I dislike having to go look up some word somewhere and try to decipher what was meant by that new word.

I see no constructive critism in that.

If a coin has fault,say it.

If you dislike it say it.

If you like it say it.

But lets stop beating around the bush.

I will get it back on topic.

The coin is a great idea.

I like it.

So Thanks Kealia.

I don't hate you, but I'm not sure why you care. I won't apologize for you taking it personally, sorry. And I won't be painted as the bad guy for having an opinion and voicing it.

Yes, we've traded emails offline which is where this should stay. I won't say more.

Personally, I don't see why my one opinion seems to carry so much weight.

Feel free anytime to take this thread back on topic, lest I be blamed for taking it off.

Oh come on . . . . you say you are just vocing an opinion, then why don't you say why you don't like it or what you don't like about it. To just say mean things is being a bully! You dodge the fundamental issue that you have attacked every single coin that I have been involved in that has been posted on the forums. There has never been a kind or constructive comment.

Your biggest complaint is that they dont have anything to do with geocaching. I do one that does and all you is attack without explanation.

Why do I care? Because when people get attacked personally, most just quit posting because it is not much fun to be attacked like that. I am not willing to just slink away. After, I to am just expressing my opinion.

You say this should stay in private e-mails. I would, but the forum policy is that if someone says "don't e-mail me" then they are not supposed to. You asked me very specifically not to e-mail you so when you attack me publically I am left with no choice, based on the your ground rules.

Sorry to air this dirty laundry in public but you have made this personal. Let me know when you want to go back to e-mail.

Steve

Ok so I Googled it with regards to it being used on satellite radio and it not nice. So that is not nice.

There has been WAY to much unhappiness in this geocoin forum lately! It used to be a nice happy place were we could come and see cool new coins and they scramble to buy them, now everytime a new coin is announced there is 1 or serveral people right there to bad mouth it. My mom taught me and I teach my kids -- "If you do not have anything nice to say do not say anything at all". I am not saying be all happy all the time but come on, there is such thing as constructive critisim....lets try that.

Sorry to hijack this thread...now back to the sad but funny bubble mailer coin.....

I agree with PoSam... too much negativity in here lately. :ph34r:

I agree with PoSam... too much negativity in here lately. <_<

We agree! Negativity breeds contempt. Is that what we are here for? We thought it was to share interesting ideas about coins, and showcase them. This all (Geocaching and geocoins) is SUPPOSED to be FUN and INTERESTING! Can we all try our best to keep it that way? If you don't like something, just say it doesn't appeal to you. Plain and simple, no hurt feelings.

As for this coin.... GREAT JOB!!!! WE LOVE IT!!! (Plain and simple)

Have a GREAT day EVERYONE!!! :lol:

Let's get this thread back on topic. This thread is not about liking a coin or not liking a coin. This thread is about A coin. People are entitled to their opinions and can discuss them here, but if this is going to turn into an argument about who likes who, then I'll have to ask the OP to start a clean thread and shut this one down. No one said they didn't like another person. If you have any issues with anyone, take it to a private discussion out of the forums. Now, everyone have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend and remember our fallen heroes in your thoughts.

Now I'm going to put this thread back on topic, let's keep it there.

torn_mailer_front.jpg

torn_mailer_back.jpg

They will be available at GW 4 first. Any remaining will be in the Hogwild Stuff cart next week.

Price $8.00

Number Minted: 600

Trackable with a unique icon

They're nice looking coins. I picked up a few, including #7, at the Chili Cookoff event this evening. Got to meet Southbayday, Pepper, Team Shydog, Dayhunters and MustangJoni so far :)

Ditto on what AG said AND I got to meet southbayday and what a nice guy! I was so busy looking at all the coins I forgot to get back and buy one, but I was able to buy one online. ;) Yipee-Skipee

Pepper

Where or where did my geocoin go,

Or where oh where did it go?

I got this mailer with the corner tore,

It was from that Mystery geocoin store.

Oh where oh where did it go.

There is a code written upon the neat coin,

If you read you might find where it might be goin.

Oh where or where did it go????

It tis a clue that is yet sublime,

And will appear with a little time.

Oh where Oh where is the treasure hid?

You might find a clue hidden near a PID.

There more to the poem if I can get it all out.

To have some fun geocaching I shout.

I found #27 unactivated waiting for me in a cache today.. What a find!

I have probably put out two dozen unactivated coins in the last three weeks. This is the first time someone has I found one. Thanks for letting me know. :D

I checked all your recent finds and noticed that you had done that. I think it's pretty cool go give out unactivated coins. If I ever make a coin.. I'll probably send some unactivated ones out too..