The Ups and Downs of Geocoin Collecting

Cheesy pigs

I am feeling a bit naive, used and angry at the moment. I have been collecting geocoins for over 3 years now, and in the beginning, I never had any trouble with trading or buying.

I would buy a coin (or 6) and they would all appear as ordered. I would trade a coin or coins, and they would all turn up within a week or two, depending on postal traffic. Somtimes a 'little extra something' was added to the package.

But within the past 6 months everything has fallen down. Was I just lucky for almost 3 years? Or has something changed within geocoining?

It seemed to start with the missions. Fluttershy started her first mission with the best of intentions, but it seems some people only are on this forum to rip others off and profit from others without regard to ethics or integrity. People would sign up for them and not send anything in return. They would receive a well thought out and generous package for nothing. Haha to the gullible suckers.

I have paid out a lot of money for coins that I have waited over 5 months for. And they are no-shows. When you give someone large amounts of money, you expect something in return, but in geocoining there seems to be too much trust involved, and I am finding out that there are a lot of untrustworthy people frequenting these forums preying on the gullible and naive.

I have traded extremely sought after coins with people, only to find that I send my coin/s and nothing gets sent in return. Why is it that the 'average' coins always seem to get through the mail system, but the sought after ones dont???

It used to be that if coins didn't turn up, then the person who sent the missing coins whould make it up to the other person.

I am also now hearing stories of people who are pretending that coins have not arrived so they are sent extras which they then trade off or sell.

It is just not right.

Is it because geocoins have become commercial, sought after items that can sell for hundreds on ebay? Has it become too hard to resist for the avaricious people among us? Why are people so greedy and thoughtless?

I try to believe the best in people, but I am being 'had' so often now that I will not be trading anymore except with people who I trust implicitly. Unfortunately, its a very small group.

I am also limiting my buying to an even smaller group.

I am also angry that geocoins, which used to make me feel so good because of the friendship, generosity and meaning behind them, have become items which I no longer want. I dont feel as happy anymore when I look at my coins. I sometimes even feel bitter about some of them.

I used to wonder about the 'old timers' who would complain that the 'real' meaning behind geocoining has been lost, but now I understand, unfortunately.

The people that have my respect are those who continue to trade, buy and participate in missions (even when those around them are only there for the money or the 'win' when they get the better of someone in a trade), and still have the generosity of heart to send coins to the newbies, add extra coins to packages and treat everyone equally when some people really need a good hard look at themselves.

Yes there is a global downturn financially, but does that mean there needs to be a global downturn of decency as well?

Anyway, rant over. I just had to get that off my chest.

It is only natural to feel a little (or even a lot) let down by the thoughtlessness of others, those that come here to prey on others are I believe in the minority. There are a great many more that are generous to a fault, caring and considerate people. I don't participate in missions any more because of the minority of people that spoil them, however it will not stop me preparing my own little mini missions for those that demonstrate a real passion for coins and geocaching. It is always difficult to exclude unsavoury characters, whether in a forum, a golf club or your local gym. Just give them a wide berth and remember the nice things that happen here.

I feel with you, Cheesy Pigs!

Luckily I hadn't a trade turn stale yet, but I have still an open issue with a vendor, who got my money via paypal, but never delivered the coins. Also very slow on returning emails... :blink:

Unfortunately the 90 days thing of paypal is long over, as I always hope for just a slow snail mail.

But I guess my 90 bucks are lost, which is really sad.

I could have got 50 "candy coins" for that money... :P

Actually, that's where my interest shifted to, and I got very, VERY picky with coin purchases.

My traders box is just so full, noone seems to be interested in trades anymore... :unsure:

I feel for ya Cheesy Pigs...and it's hard too because you are not in the States where a lot of the coins are traded...makes it harder to track packages and such.

I agree with the mission thing...WHY would you sign up if you aren't going to send a package? That is just mean! I don't have a lot of the "sought after" coins, but I do try to send out good packages even if I don't wrap every item or put a lot of the extras toys and such in the package.

I'll be glad to trade with ya anytime....you know what I mean! :unsure:

I totally agree Liz and this has happened to me recently too. Two coiners needing to sell their coins posted lists and I was so excited because I never thought I'd ever get those coins and now after 2 months I probably won't :blink:

Yes, also the large loss of an order placed last May and spoken about on another thread.

And finally icing on the cake today I woke up to a refund from MOGA saying I couldn't order those beautiful pistol coins because I was overseas. There was no warning or disclaimer on their site when I was ordering and I never even got the chance to have them sent to someone I trusted so that they could send them to me. I was so excited that I was able to snag two when there were only 13 left as they were going like hotcakes. I guess integrity doesn't matter anymore as long as the coins are sold to someone. :unsure:

I'm with you Liz and I'll trade with you anytime. BTW I ordered the second pistol with you in mind. Too bad we couldn't have traded.

This post is partially about me. We made a trade about a month ago. She sent me a Lackey coin and I sent her two 2007 ET's and an activated Secret geoAgent Anthus Silver XLE. I got the Lackey coin and she still hasn't received the coins I sent. I'm trying to track them down. I know for a fact they were sent out the same day you sent yours. That was only like my fourth trade so I don't have hundreds of trades on the table and the same time to mix them up. I feel horrible about it. Unfortunately, I don't have any more 2007 ET's to resend, but if I can't track down the coins I sent, I will send you back the Lackey coin. I'm not trying to take advantage of you or lie to you, and I'm sorry you've been treated like that in the past.

Sorry to hear of your troubles and I hope things work themselves out for you. I understand what you're going through. I haven't joined in a mission for a long time due to 'issues' and it's unfortunate as I really enjoyed them so much. I still get tempted but not sure if I'll ever get into one again. I also quit trading because of more bad experiences - up until the Math trade that is which turned out very well and helped kick start my trading again...few as it may still be.

At one point I wanted the sell my collection and I wanted nothing to do with geocoins again...but I still enjoy them and I refused to let someone else ruin my joy of collecting. I'm very particular these days and don't buy many coins or trade much but it's just made my collection and the search for my wishlist coins all the more enjoyable when I get them.

I really hope things work out for you and that your passion for geocoins returns.

Wow, How sad is this. I've been lucky to get the few trades and orders from the folks I've dealt with.And the couple of missions I joined went well also, My Easter Mission hasn't arrived but I don't expect it till Easter.

I don't know if it helps, but I found sending overseas, people will write GAME TOKEN or Game Piece rather than Geocoin on the international slip. We Tape our coins down so they don't get caught up anywhere.

If this has happened alot to you , it may be sabatoge.

I'm sending you an email!!!!!!!!!!

Opalsns

:unsure: Wow, that's a huge bummer! Have you tried contacting these people? I know that sounds obvious, but sometimes I've had people just plain forget. Heck, I know I've just plain forgot until someone reminded me that I was supposed to have something on it's way. I've also learned that paying the few cents extra for delivery confirmation goes a long, LONG way toward keeping everything orderly. An unfortunate, but necessary cost of dealing with people you don't know well.

The only thing I can think of is that I added one of my sig items, which is an empty rifle shell with my name on it in with the package. Maybe customs is holding it up somewhere.

:unsure:

They probably blew the package to smithereens!

I've not done any trading, but of the three missions I've completed only two were successfully received at our end, so I did hesitate before signing up for another one recently. Maybe I'm a bit naive still, but I assume the coin I didn't receive was actually sent, but just went missing in the Christmas mail crush. On the other hand, I never received an email from whoever sent it, asking me if it arrived OK. Although I find it hard to believe that anyone would be slimy enough to intentionally try for free coins by signing up for missions, or by not making good on trades, or by pretending their gift never arrived, I guess coiners are no different than other people, and a little caution is wise.

Yep, I feel for ya! Im out on the majority ofthe missions for one because I cant seem to make em happen in a timely mannor without turnin out a crappy mission. (At least it feels that way) and for 2, because I just havent got my end in the past on multiple occasions.

Only had a couple good trades gone bad, so Im still in on the trades...You just gotta regulate and not be afraid to renegotiate a trade if it starts gettin hairball on ya. Dont think I have had anyone propose a guarantee with their trade, but I know I have ensured a "You'll love it or your coinage back" policy on a few trades I felt where I was gettin the better end. Funny because they thought the same thing :unsure:

Hang in there... You do what makes YOU happy! If its making others happy, so be it. I could easily see how a few bad trades and presales could change your tune real quick and Im sorry for that.

We gots quite a few awesome folks here and I really enjoy relating with em through trades and common BS. I still have a good feeling bout coins and the people here, I hope your coining slump picks up soon.

I feel the same way....several "incidents" have turned me off some to geocoin collecting. I still collect, but don't trade much, and am very careful who I trade with or buy from. That is probably why I've gotten more into pathtags - that crew is still very open and friendly.

Just my thoughts.....

i am sorry to read this. i am new to this world and have seen the kindness and generousity of the people here. i hope that you can still do a few trades and activities to make you still enjoy coins.

you seem to be a very kind person based on what i have seen on here. i wish you all the best.

That is not good news and I feel sorry for your bad experiences. It spoils your fun and it is upsetting if people do not keep their word.

I must say I have some rather good experiences myself. I noticed that some parcels get stuck in the mail and it happens that I will have to wait two/three months before they get to me. It happens the other way aroud too. But I always have a good communication about it and I do get offers to replace etc.

I only participate in a few missions on the Dutch forums, so I have no experience on this forum.

I only lost a couple of coins I traded for or bought.

I do hope you get a lot of good experiences and you can get the fun back in collecting coins.

Edited by Sivota

Sorry to hear about your bad experiences. It does surprise me that we don't hear more of this on the forums and I wonder at how many silent resentments exist out there held on by folks who don't want to rock the boat of be killjoys to others.

Oh boy.... I am so sorry about all this!

I had some unknown words I had to search to understand their meaning, but understood what you meant my friend! :-(

I have no idea how geocoins started (before they become comercial..?)! I do not know what to say! Only that all fingers are not the same! There are some good people here!

You can find bad transactions, bad trades, or whatever, in all hobbies, collections etc!

The unfortune thing is that geocaching and geocoin collection is mostly for fun, and sometimes things like the ones you mentioned are spoiling the whole thing, but...

Edited by GATOULIS

I have been thinking about this thread since I read it first thing this morning. I have privately ranted myself in the past about the very things you bring up and especially the missions. I highly resent when someone receives their missions and doesn't send anything out but still finds the time to sell coins on ebay. The missions seem to have deterioriated over the past year and I decided not to participate. Then the optimist in me resurfaced and I joined again. LOL We will see if I continue as they are really expensive except for the card and coin ones. After a couple of mine were never acknowledged, which I think is rude BTW, I started to use delivery confirmation so at least I know they arrived. Unfortunately that isn't available for overseas.

I have been experiencing a very big financial crunch so my buying over the last year has decreased to only a select few. Because of that I thank my lucky stars that I didn't lose any money in the three companies coins fiascos that occurred. But I am still very angry as I could also have been one of those taken and really feel for those that have been. Even if I had the money, these things have changed my buying habits and it is really sad.

I haven't been taken in a trade yet--knock on wood--but I think it was going through one person's mind until I called him out publicly for it. Got the coins within 10 days. My trading has decreased also along with my enthusiam. I love getting the bubble mailers but at the same time I hold my breath until mine are received.

Unfortunatly there is no Delivery Confirmation for Overseas.

If it's a mission, The person handling the trade will have the participents names. But a trade??????????

Although there is no Delivery Confirmation, and FYI to EVERYONE here... I have found that if you have an account at USPS.com, you can send your coins overseas, with TRACKING very cheaply. It's included with the online customs form! Check it out, people.. and get these packages to the people they need to go to. Having recently delivered literally hundreds of coins to people who were owed, I know how Liz feels.

and Liz - Buggar all! I'm very very sorry you are soured. Maybe I got something that will cheer you up!! :laughing: Did the piglet like the package I sent for his bday? PM me.

~J

<snip>

Is it because geocoins have become commercial, sought after items that can sell for hundreds on ebay? Has it become too hard to resist for the avaricious people among us? Why are people so greedy and thoughtless?

<snip>

I used to wonder about the 'old timers' who would complain that the 'real' meaning behind geocoining has been lost, but now I understand, unfortunately.

I'm sorry to see that this community has somewhat lost another person or turned you off to coins in some manner. These are the same questions that many of us "old timers" started asking a while ago. It's sad to see that for one reason or another these same questions keep coming up and it has the same affect on a new group of people. It really is a cycle - a sad one at that.

There are many folks that were once very involved in this and got burned or burned out in some manner and just aren't here anymore. Moun10Bike, Cornerstone4, Shop99er just to name a few...

So, let me just say that I'm sorry this has happened to you, too. As much as everybody wants to believe this is a 100% cheery place and everybody is good, the truth is that isn't reality.

This post is partially about me.

It so totally isn't Matt. My rant just reminded me I haven't got your package, and that's why I emailed you. I emailed another lovely trader too, and I hope she doesn't think this is about her either...

This is (in part) about waiting for 3-6 months for coins, and when you email the person concerned, they either ignore the emails (sent from every account I can think of) or just say 'bad luck'.

Jim - you are one of the most embarrassingly giving people I have ever met (along with certain Netherlands girls). And yes, Piglet is wearing his cammo gear as soon as he gets home from school - every day. It's filthy, so I need to pry them off him to wash every now and then :laughing:

But thank you for your support everyone. I feel a bit better about things this morning (you know how everything seems worse at night, and once you have a rant, things are better?). Maybe I should have just typed this and then erased it.... :D:laughing:

Oh yes, and my whinge wasn't so people would give me coins - so quit offering everyone! :laughing: No really, there are more lovely people in here than bad apples, I have just managed to come across all the bad apples I think.

But the lovely ones do make this worthwhile. So here's a thank you to all the great geocoiners in geocoin land:

cooltext418168302.jpg

Edited by Cheesy pigs

... I've also learned that paying the few cents extra for delivery confirmation goes a long, LONG way toward keeping everything orderly. An unfortunate, but necessary cost of dealing with people you don't know well.

Delivery confirmation for international? $25 here. Does not get any cheaper and I have searched and searched...

I think now is the time to finally get off my backside and create an account with the post office. They have wanted me to for ages anyway. Thanks for the advice Jim.

PS My last couple of missions are not the ones I was complaining about - they were amazing (as you can all tell by the photos). I have been lucky in that regard. But you certainly see more when you are the mission organiser.

Edited by Cheesy pigs

I wanted to post earlier but I didn't think getting caught typing up a response at work would be too professional :laughing: Plus it gave me a little time to think about this myself.

First off, I'm sorry you have come to the point where you feel like this. To be honest, I think this situation is much more prevalent than people realize. People just don't talk much about it here, some people don't want to rock the boat and some people just don't want to post about what sometimes really goes on behind the scenes.

For the most part, this is a pretty good community. Lots of compassionate, caring and generous people. On the other hand because we're dealing with people there are a number here who will abuse the system or take advantage.

While I've been pretty lucky on the "receiving" trades issue and the majority of my missions have been really great, I've noticed certain behaviors here also that have caused me to re-evaluate the way I go about the coin world. Know that it isn't only you who is dealing with these or other problems.

I've wanted to walk away myself a couple of times and then I tell myself I can't let these people get the best of me. It's one thing to have personality clashes here and not like people and I've come to terms with that but it's what goes on behind the scenes, the things that people aren't seeing, the things we aren't really alowed to aire here on this forum. It's really frustrating and these people know this that's why they continue to engage in the behavior they do.

If you really take a look around you see it all the time, people slowly trading less and less, cointests not being run by people who were once so generous, less posting in the threads, less involvement in missions, etc. There is a reason for that and alot of it is based on what takes place outside of this forum.

I think a number of people could come on here and tell some very interesting stories. I don't want this to turn into a rant of my own so I'll keep it mostly general but I will say that I have shied away from being as active here as I once was. I've been treated very poorily by a number of active posters and some not so active. I've received mean emails, demanding emails, and various other emails that I didn't appreciate. It really used to bother me and I kept my mouth shut and I didn't create waves here or in return emails. However, I don't take crap like that anymore. Someone thinks they can pressure me with an email well now they get a politically correct piece of my mind :D Why should anyone have to put up with that kind of thing? I'm not even above opening my mouth here if I can do it without getting myself banned :laughing: I also know that I'm not the only one that this type of thing happens too, so my point is, you're not alone here.

On the positive side of things, there are some really great people here and they are the reason I stick around :D They keep my interest in coins going and thank goodness for them!

OT but not :laughing: I wanted to comment on bluemotmot. It actually saddens me to see her post in this thread as a person who has become less active in certain ways. (about to sing your praises) bluemotmot is seriously one of the nicest, most generous, most caring people on this forum. She's a behind the scenes kinda gal. I don't think I could say enough nice things about her. She's quiet but boy has she done some awesome things in the geocoin world that most people never even hear about. She pretty much likes everyone and even if she didn't like someone, you'll never hear her badmouthing them. When I see someone like her disappointed it's a very sad day because people like her are the reason coins have been fun.

Wish I had a solution to the bad experiences but I don't. Take a break when needed (I do it myself) and figure out what really matters and adjust your trading/gifting/buying habits accordingly.

Ok I'm done :D

Edited by tsunrisebey

yes i agree ,, only a year in but luckly the only coins missing were coming to me,, and all that has been delt with in a professional manner buy the senders. all my out going mail has been good so far, and have learned a hard lesson with the mail,, ive had 3 ripped packs,

the first was a mission from six lil spookies i got an empty mailer, asked the post man he said it was like that when he got it,i tried to send them an email or 3 but never got a response from them( i hope they dont think im un-honest)

the second was ripped but the coin was hanging on for dear life. so all was good

the third was a buy, empty mailer,,, i asked the postman and he actually found 1 of the 2 coins(better then none) and neather of us were happy but it coulda been worse,,,,

so what ive learned to do is : I ask the sender to tape the hell out of the mailer now,, so far so good. but a hard lesson learned. i hate not knowing if something is gonna make it or nott. and ill have to find that tracking for overseas because most my trades have been done with others from out of country,infact i sent some pretty special coins overseas just tonight, and woulda loved to have tracking on them.

cheesy pigs, im sorry for your losses, i wonder what happends to the mail that dosent make it, if it was really sent. you would think sooner or later it would turn up somewhere,,, oneend or the other. :laughing:

I totally agree Liz and this has happened to me recently too. Two coiners needing to sell their coins posted lists and I was so excited because I never thought I'd ever get those coins and now after 2 months I probably won't :laughing:

Yes, also the large loss of an order placed last May and spoken about on another thread.

And finally icing on the cake today I woke up to a refund from MOGA saying I couldn't order those beautiful pistol coins because I was overseas. There was no warning or disclaimer on their site when I was ordering and I never even got the chance to have them sent to someone I trusted so that they could send them to me. I was so excited that I was able to snag two when there were only 13 left as they were going like hotcakes. I guess integrity doesn't matter anymore as long as the coins are sold to someone. :laughing:

I'm with you Liz and I'll trade with you anytime. BTW I ordered the second pistol with you in mind. Too bad we couldn't have traded.

Since this thread in entitled "The Ups and Downs of Geocoin Collecting" and I've had a night to sleep on what I stated above...

1. Given the number of trades/purchases and the long distance they have to travel to me there will be some that just don't make it.

2. The bulk purchase from a vendor and refund of the MOGA coins I still feel disappointed about.

ON the other side of the coin....

I've had some really nice surprises from some very caring and genuine people since I've moved. There have been days when I've thought what the h-e double hockey sticks am I doing in this country where everything is different and I know no one? Days when I've been really down.

In the last while I've been blessed with mystery coins and by some personal coins that have blown me away but most of all with those coins came friendship. There are quite a few coiners who have made it a point to say Hi once in a while and they don't really know how much it means to me.

Liz: Like Steph said, there are many great people out there.... so stick around! :laughing:

The only thing I can think of is that I added one of my sig items, which is an empty rifle shell with my name on it in with the package. Maybe customs is holding it up somewhere.

:laughing:

They probably blew the package to smithereens!their gift never arrived, I guess coiners are no different than other people, and a little caution is wise.

Australian Customs has been x-raying ALL post into Australia for the last 2 years. If they see a bullet they won't necessarily blow up the package but you can expect a delay while they do their research. They will eventually realise its a geocaching signiture item. They will have recognised the coins already but may not have realised the two are related yet unless you included a note.

Never a good idea to send a bullet through the post with a name engraved on it :laughing: I'll give you 9 out of 10 for Quentin Tarantino coolness though. How about engraving a tracking number on a hand grenade :laughing:

Edited by haysonics

Hello All, It really saddens us to read that good people like Cheesy Pigs, Bluemotmot, Tsun, along with so many gracious people here the list goes on and on how the geocoin trading/purchasing has really turned worste. We havent been doing much trading as we havent been purchasing much, we purchase coins that really strike out at us. It always seems to be that there is certain people that always come out with amazing coins time after time and we always keep watch for when new ones come available. We have been burned and we only buy from certain coin sites. Our geocoin purchasing had went down alot. We haven't taking part in missions for awhile now. Seems people dont put the time and effort into some missions it is really a shame. We have paid big bucks to send missions, but that to us made us feel good to know that when the recipients open their package they will be in Awww. They only mission we have taken part in is the Birthday mission but we signed up some time ago for that. We do miss our friends here in the forums and catch up with them from time to time. We hope somday we will come back in the forums and be more ative again, but now the weather is turning nicer and we can get out more this probably wont be for any time soon. Hope things turn better here for the ones that just havent been treated fairly per say. This is just our two cents worth. Wanted to come in and say HI, waving a hand from Wisconsin.

....OT but not :laughing: I wanted to comment on bluemotmot. It actually saddens me to see her post in this thread as a person who has become less active in certain ways. (about to sing your praises) bluemotmot is seriously one of the nicest, most generous, most caring people on this forum. She's a behind the scenes kinda gal. I don't think I could say enough nice things about her. She's quiet but boy has she done some awesome things in the geocoin world that most people never even hear about. She pretty much likes everyone and even if she didn't like someone, you'll never hear her badmouthing them. When I see someone like her disappointed it's a very sad day because people like her are the reason coins have been fun...

OK I wasn't going to name names but I totally agree with you on BlueMotmot. She is amazing - one of the nicest people I have ever encountered, actually. But there are others too. People like rivercity, AtlantaGal, Kealia, Tsunrisebey, AtwellFamily, GeocoinGuy, the list goes on and on. People who put up with all kinds of the crap mentioned in the above posts, but keep coming back and making this a fun hobby.

I should learn from them I suppose!

But there are a whole heap more who are so sweet and generous but dont have the cash or time to give a lot materially, but who are always there with a kind word, support and encouragement which I feel is much more important. I appreciate these ones just as much, and I hope you know who you are - inlcuding the lovely people who have already PM'ed and emailed me, and replied in this thread.

But I really do want people (especially newbies) to be aware that there are some people on these forums who will try to take advantage of you. And not just for a $10 coin either - but for much bigger and more important things, and I want people to be wary.

But I really do want people (especially newbies) to be aware that there are some people on these forums who will try to take advantage of you. And not just for a $10 coin either - but for much bigger and more important things, and I want people to be wary.

I have only been on this site for 11 months or so but in that time I have read a dozen topics relating to rip offs. The continual posting of this topic is also a reason why trading has decreased. The newbies are probably beyond 'aware' by now, likely they have reached the outright paranoia stage. For the sake of trading, is there a board where the disaffected members can post the names of the bad people ? I think this needs to be sorted out once and for all. If I read one more comment about the Good Ol Days when everyone was honest I think I am going to start pulling my hair out. I have made 7 trades in the last year and have not had any problems. I acknowledge the problem is real but who exactly are the bad people ? If you are not willing to say here that is understandable but is there somewhere you can post where we can all find out. I will need to make some major trades in the future and would appreciate knowing who to watch out for. Please tell me this is not another post about those dragonfly coins :laughing: Who is not sending coins in a trade ?

Edited by haysonics

The Ups and Downs of Geocoin Collecting ? I hope this will make your day a little better :laughing: On the upside of it I sent you gift coin the day before you started

this thread just because I was lucky enough to get an extra LE coin and thought of you because of the many trades we have made in the past :laughing: Thanks again

[ I will need to make some major trades in the future and would appreciate knowing who to watch out for. Please tell me this is not another post about those dragonfly coins.

No it's not another post about 'those dragonfly coins'! :laughing:

I have spoken with the mods about my issues, but it would be against forum rules to mention the people I am talking about.

And just so everyone knows - I am not talking about people who might forget a trade and apologetically send it late, or those people whose coins truly get lost in the mail, or many of the other reasons that a coin may not turn up, or turn up late.

Be aware that a small proportion of people who seem friendly and giving, may actually be grooming you for larger things...and probably jump from forum to forum to find people who they can commit fraud upon.

Yes I know it sounds a bit far-fetched, but guess what - the internet is full of predators who are drawn to places like this because there are so many kind and generous people to take advantage of.

Edited by Cheesy pigs

The Ups and Downs of Geocoin Collecting ? I hope this will make your day a little better :laughing: On the upside of it I sent you gift coin the day before you started

this thread just because I was lucky enough to get an extra LE coin and thought of you because of the many trades we have made in the past :laughing: Thanks again

Oh Ron, you are such a sweetie :D Naughty, but sweet :laughing:

OHHH LIZZZZYYYYYYYYYYY............

remember me in december :laughing:

i did send 5 package in that time and even a simple postcard that had to go to my neighbour city and it is lost :D

but keep hope because two weekzzz ago i got a e-mail that one was arrived :D

the candy she could`t trough away because it was not eatable anymore but the rest makes her very happy and it`s the thought right ???

anyway when i send it for the second time some people simple don`t let know or they get it or not so you will never know what happend........... :D

it`s also a fact that there are so many sweet people that say NOPE DON`T SEND AGAIN PLEAZZZZZ but or i listen that they must found out :D

if i can find there adrezzz again :D

i must admit that i`m a lucky girl that only did`t had only once not get my mission and that a sweet person had me :D

include me have the experiance that people promiss me to send the trade and that it don`t arrived but i keep believe them that they send it because i know so well that a lot dissapere in the mail.......

about the tracking over sea i lurn that i don`t pay anymore for sign send :laughing:

if i do that i must pay double shipcost and when it goes by the douane then i can`t track it anymore and that`s only because our mail office don`t know with what mailservice it goes on :laughing:

i simple just hope that it arrived safe :)

and when it does and people let me know that it`s arrived then i`m smil the hole day and a big last fall off my shoulder :D

i know that there are people that take advenice of the goodnizzzz of people but i must say that you have that everywhere and not only in here........

i experince that you have only takerzzzz but i experince that you have also a lot sweet giverzzz..........

i learn that what you give and do alwayzzz come back to you...........

and i must admit that i have experiance with only takerzzz jeppp i know a few but i simple don`t do anything for them anymore and i`m not tolk only about people in here i tolk about people in my life.....

it`s a sad sad thing that people take advenice of the goodnizzz of people and that they take the happynizz away they simple don`t know what they do with the feeling of otherzzz........

but it`s just life and we can`t do anything about it and that makes it even more sad......

i just hope that you all don`t let take them your happynizzz and that you all stay in here because i really hope that you all remember that there are more sweet lovely nice people on this beautiful earth :)

I'm sorry for your feelings cheesy pigs.

I'm only into caching for about 6 months and I reallly like this surroundings. For me the feelings of trading and mission are still on the positive side! I have seen some dark sides which make me hesitating but i keep going with the positive attitude.

Do not scare us newbies to much, just make us aware of the possible pitfalls.

A lot of newbies had fun in the latest missions. Love the small extra's and learned about small signature tags and items. It is fun to recognise people from trading/ missions on the forum.

Just was cleaning my sons room, saw his coins and things he received from different forum people and it made me happy again.

Not to forget these wonderfull mystery coins.

Hope your positive feelings will turn back again.

Maybe I was lucky too to get the wonderful coins I did from trades for my signature tokens. I didn't even have coins and yes people were very generous at times sending bonus coins. Don't give up. Just be more careful I guess. Other trades, I traded services for coins, which also worked. Sometimes they got the better deal, some times I did.

I will be ramping up production of my personal tokens again as the season hits. I have about 50 made with easily another 80 to be painted.

I will join you in your rant, CP. I admit that I was addicted to the missions. If there was a new mission, I signed up for it. I enjoyed it so much, that I thought that my girls would enjoy participating, so I stopped signing myself up and signed up the girls instead...and that is about when things went bad. Brenda had a few missions that never arrived...what made it worse was that her sister's missions arrived, but hers did not. There are many generous folks here that made sure that she did receive something in the mail, but it should not have come to that. People were just not following thru on their end, and that is not right. I understand that things happen...life interferes with the fun stuff, but if you cannot fulfill an obligation, than at least take responsibility and contact the mission organizers to let them know. Because of all of those missing missions, we quit participating in missions several months ago (quit cold turkey...the withdrawal was not too bad...LOL).

I've been fortunate with my trades. I only had 1 go bad, and over a year afterwards, the trader finally came thru on their end. Although we've had good experiences with trading, I just don't have the time for it anymore. So, for the most part, we are sticking the to math trade and face-to-face trades. The face-to-face trades have always meant way more to us...that is why we decided that our dragon eye coin can only be obtained by trading in person.

... we are sticking the to math trade and face-to-face trades. The face-to-face trades have always meant way more to us...that is why we decided that our dragon eye coin can only be obtained by trading in person.

Do you want to make me cry? If I could do face to face trades here I would be in Cheesy Pig heaven. Maybe one day.....

CP I am sorry to read that you have been having bad experiences with trades and purchases lately. You are a very generous person and it is a shame this has happened to you. I still remember how shocked I was when you offered to trade with me for your Tranquility Blue is My World, it put a huge smile on my face :lol: I hope things look up for you soon. ~Karen

We have not been here for a great length of time and have not posted alot, but have not been too shy about stating our opinion when something did not seem right. (Well, I have not been anyway LOL. The nice posts are probably from my wife while the rotten ones you can all assume were probably from me). At any rate, our experiences here have for the most part been positive. I can assure you, the generosity has far exceeded the times we felt like we have been taken advantage of. We have tried to begin to repay some of the favors we have been granted as newbies to this addiction, but I doubt we will ever live long enough to repay all the generosities (they just seem to keep on coming also).

So long story short, keep your chin up. And if anyone ever has a problem with a trade or something from us we sure can promise that we will do whatever we can to make it right. The good people here far outnumber the bad, and the only way for that to continue, is for the good ones to stick around.

I guess I am on of those on the 'down' side right now too. I haven't been posting much lately at all and haven't felt the same 'zeal' about geocoins that I once had. I don't know if I can determine one cause or another. Although I am in the process of a move so packing and getting so much organized has taken up most of my time. I do agree with most of what has been posted already that some missions not being received, etc has contributed to it. As well as the cost of mailing trades everywhere. Plus some behind the scenes stuff too. There are a lot of wonderful people around and I do miss the chatting and emailing a lot of them. But at the same time I just don't have the energy for geocoins if that makes any sense. Maybe my passion for them will pick up again. Not sure.

**Gasp** wonder if there is a life outside of geocoins. :lol::wub::wub:

I've only been collecting for a couple of months and as I've said in a few previous threads have been struck by the caring and generous community. To date, I can say the little trading and the couple of missions I've been involved in have all been a success.

Good to hear the feedback of veteran geocoiners; helps us remember we have to be cautious.

CP, I don't have much, but I'll trade with you anytime! :lol: