Claddagh Geocoin

CinemaBoxers

Ok... well, I'll share...

This is my initial art.

Versions would be available in a selection of Antique AND Polished metals with different enamel color.

I wanted the focus to be on the meanings, and look rather than putting too much color into it.

I went with an 'Antique' style Claddagh, rather than something too clean and finished.

3D front, 2D back.

:anitongue:

claddagh.jpg

Ohhh preeeettttyyyyy! Antique Silver with translucent purple, beautiful!

I saw this picture posted on Facebook before seeing it here! I love the celtic motifs. My wife and I had custom wedding bands and engagement ring made with the same braiding as you have on the front of the coin. I think I'm going to have to budget for this one! :)

Hi folks!

Well... this will officially be our next Geocoin! We got such a wonderful response from everyone, that we decided to move on this idea!

It is IN production!

So - watch for it near the end of April!! :laughing:

If you would like to be notified with updates, watch this thread, and/or email me for information on how to receive our newsletter!

~P

Yeah! I'm glad this one is being done I can't wait to get one now since I've been reading the genealogy report my uncle did in college on my father's side of the family. I found out that we are Scotch Irish (The Scottish that lived in Ireland in the 1600 and 1700's) and then moved from Ireland to the U.S. in the 1700's. From what I can find out we are from the Davidson clan in Scotland so I am definitely interested:)

EDIT: Hey Paula have you ever considered doing coins with the crests of the Scottish clans? They might go over pretty good? There were quite a few according to my research? If not all the clans then I might be interested in getting you to help me with a Davidson clan coin for me?

Edited by Nochipra

Well folks...

Here they are!

The Claddagh Geocoin photos!

These are just mint photos, and of course, I will get better when they arrive - but, I wanted to share them right away! Im EXCITED about these, and ABSOLUTELY am thrilled with how they turned out!

A post will follow soon with more information on the Coin sale!!

In the meantime:

ccf1.jpg

ccb1.jpg

Black Nickel Two tone with Red , Antique Gold with Green

ccf2.jpg

ccb2.jpg

Rhodium with Blue, Antique Nickel with Purple

(The photo of the Nickel makes it look DARKER than it actually is!)

The initial run will be 350 coins - with a possible edition TOTAL of 750.

More information to follow - of course, trackable with its own icon.

:laughing:

Edited by CinemaBoxers

Yes...I would like to have some.

I did not know what a Claddagh was until you told me. Made me feel worse when Mel looked at the samples just now and told me what they were...grrr...I need to brush up on this stuff! :laughing:

Seriously, though...the samples turned out great. :laughing:

Wanted to share a little history about the Claddagh, and, some information about some of the symbolism I included on the Geocoin (and why)

The hands are shown holding the heart and the hands denote friendship and togetherness, the heart itself signifies love and the crown in the claddagh stands for loyalty.

On the back of the coin I've included some Irish sayings I thought appropriate:

mo chuisle - /muh kwish-la/ - My Pulse

mo chroí - /muh kree/ - My Heart

cairdeas - friendship

dílseacht - loyalty, faith, fidelity

le grá go deo - with love forever

The back features an 'Eternity Knot' - a knot that has a closed path, with no beginning or end that is symbolic of eternity or continuum. I chose a three point Eternity knot, to symbolize the three symbols of the Claddagh - which you will see on each point of the knot.

I wanted a coin that could be given to a friend, or loved one - or, who's mission could be to FIND a friend - old or new! This coin has a lot of meaning to me, and was inspired by some of the people I've come to know and love who I've found through Geocoins, and, through life. :( This ones for all of them! ;)

Edited by CinemaBoxers

Woot... we found out today that the coins are on their way to us! Over a week earlier than expected.

Its amazing how lately some project's the coin vendors have been working on have been delayed (We're certainly not exempt from problems - we had a production horror story recently :( ) But then others get here promptly, or sooner than expected.

You just never know when you'll be told something is late... or early. Kinda like the lottery, but without the vacations and little drinks with umbrellas.

~P

GeocoinDesign Presents:

The Claddagh Geocoin

These coins will go on sale Monday April 21st 2008

6PM (EDT)

ccf1.jpg

The hands are shown holding the heart and the hands denote friendship

and togetherness, the heart itself signifies love andthe crown in the

claddagh stands for loyalty.

Regular Edition $10 (USD)

We will have several metals and colors available - as requested! :unsure:

Photos of other metals shown in post #75

We will also post with NEW photos Monday when the coins arrive!!!

Since the Claddagh is traditionally found on Jewelery,

we've described the editions as such!

Numbers as follows:

Antique Gold with Emerald Green Translucent Enamel 100

Antique Nickel with Amethyst Violet Translucent Enamel 100

Rhodium with Sapphire Blue Translucent Enamel 85

Two Tone with Ruby Red Translucent Enamel 65

There will be 350 coins in the initial run - 750 maximum possible in edition.

These will be available in our webstore on MONDAY April 21st 2008

at 6PM EDT. We will post with the link when sales begin!!

GeocoinDesign Presents:

The Claddagh Geocoin

These coins will go on sale Monday April 21st 2008

6PM (EDT)

ccf1.jpg

The hands are shown holding the heart and the hands denote friendship

and togetherness, the heart itself signifies love andthe crown in the

claddagh stands for loyalty.

Regular Edition $10 (USD)

We will have several metals and colors available - as requested! :unsure:

Photos of other metals shown in post #75

We will also post with NEW photos Monday when the coins arrive!!!

Since the Claddagh is traditionally found on Jewelery,

we've described the editions as such!

Numbers as follows:

Antique Gold with Emerald Green Translucent Enamel 100

Antique Nickel with Amethyst Violet Translucent Enamel 100

Rhodium with Sapphire Blue Translucent Enamel 85

Two Tone with Ruby Red Translucent Enamel 65

There will be 350 coins in the initial run - 750 maximum possible in edition.

These will be available in our webstore on MONDAY April 21st 2008

at 6PM EDT. We will post with the link when sales begin!!

Most definitely interested in the Emerald Green and the Sapphire Blue. Looks like I need to make sure my Baghdad clock is modified for EDT to meet the on-line sale.

New pics as promised!!!

These arrived, and look better than we ever expected. The detail UNDER the enamel is absolutely incredible. They LOOK like Jewelery.

cgreen.jpg

cpurple.jpg

cblue.jpg

cred.jpg

(I hope 0r0b0rus is ready to do some Claddagh wire-wraps - because I know Im going to want one at least!!)

However.. the mint made a mistake. GASP - NO WAY you all say! :)

NOT on the coin - it turned out perfect. BUT they shipped them all in little bubble wrap instead of PVC flips. We have an email out to them already to get flips sent to us for these, but the sale will go as scheduled.

If they are overnighting the flips, we will wait to ship when the flips arrive.

If there will be a delay, we will figure that out and get them to our customers.

(It might mean shipping them with your next order, but you WILL get your coin flips!)

Remember folks - these go on sale TONIGHT at 6PM EDT!

I will post the link when the sale begins!

Hey guys -

This is what we saw when we opened the boxes of Claddagh's - This photo represents all 4 boxes of coins - each wrapped and taped (which is more labor intensive in my eyes than inserting into PVC flip).

coinflips.jpg

As we stated, we have fired off an email to the mint for PVC flips for these (and we will now carry extra flips to prevent this from ever happening again).

I thought this photo would be a good representation of what we are unhappy with - as minute as it is, it's a big deal to us, since attention to detail is most important.

However, these coins are absolutely GORGEOUS in hand, and even the photos that Paula did do not come close to the real deal.

~Jim